What valuable post-shtf skills do you have ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    d3fc431982c30236068cae0dc4d4c1e9.jpg

I bet his offhand shots are legit. I mean he's got built in places to rest his arms. :mamoru:

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    My wife has been using coupons for items on sale and stocking up... So we have enough canned goods, packs of water, and toilet paper to last 30 years...

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Kumbaya My Lord, interbeing mindful meditation skills, love and compassionate understanding, knowing how to ask for help - it takes a Village People

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Wild crafting ( aka foraging , wild plants for food) hunting , trapping, fishing, weapons, reloading, chemistry, propellants, explosives, farming, canning, various preservation techniques, solar .. and batteries, minor medical ( herbal medicines) nuclear and chemical weapons and countermeasures/ detection and decontamination , dog trainer US Army Special Weapons .

Spouse is canning gardening/farming, food preservation, medical microbiological and fungi id and lab work, pharmaceuticals (military pharmacy tech) weapons, clothing, and sewing ,repair and modifying reusing, and mind blowing cinnamon rolls / baker, exceptional cook and improviser, Have the listed skill and necessary tools for all above radiac meters microscopes etc.

What?

You should learn to sew so it's not just your wife. It's very easy.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Clearly the 10mm.

10mm is far from perfection.

Wild crafting ( aka foraging , wild plants for food) hunting , trapping, fishing, weapons, reloading, chemistry, propellants, explosives, farming, canning, various preservation techniques, solar .. and batteries, minor medical ( herbal medicines) nuclear and chemical weapons and countermeasures/ detection and decontamination , dog trainer US Army Special Weapons .

Spouse is canning gardening/farming, food preservation, medical microbiological and fungi id and lab work, pharmaceuticals (military pharmacy tech) weapons, clothing, and sewing ,repair and modifying reusing, and mind blowing cinnamon rolls / baker, exceptional cook and improviser, Have the listed skill and necessary tools for all above radiac meters microscopes etc.

What's your favorite brand of tin foil?

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I have the only practical skill needed to survive..............

Not dying. Don't really matter how you do it, as long as you do it.

For real, though..... all that cool SHTF:rolleyes: "training" and guns and crap stock-piled in your spare room isn't worth a **** if you haven't actually tried to survive with it prior to a bad situation. All you need to do is look at video from any of the natural disasters in the last few decades and watch all the idiots roaming around with their heads up their asses and a car and house full of **** they thought they needed but never bothered to use. How many "preppers" have lived in the woods for 30+ days with limited resources and no backup plan to "train". How many actually have the mental and emotional toughness to do WHATEVER it takes to survive? Then throw in the physical aspects of it and I'm guessing there aint a whole bunch. All your fancy trucks and bunkers and buckets don't mean a thing if you're a toot.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish

For real, though..... all that cool SHTF:rolleyes: "training" and guns and crap stock-piled in your spare room isn't worth a **** if you haven't actually tried to survive with it prior to a bad situation. All you need to do is look at video from any of the natural disasters in the last few decades and watch all the idiots roaming around with their heads up their asses and a car and house full of **** they thought they needed but never bothered to use. How many "preppers" have lived in the woods for 30+ days with limited resources and no backup plan to "train". How many actually have the mental and emotional toughness to do WHATEVER it takes to survive? Then throw in the physical aspects of it and I'm guessing there aint a whole bunch. All your fancy trucks and bunkers and buckets don't mean a thing if you're a toot.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    So true, this!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Are you implying that a 300lb keyboard-commando with a ****-ton of prepper junk and other "survival" items likely doesn't actually have "mad-skillz" needed to survive in their "SHTF" fantasy?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

Oh, so you wanna bring reality into this discussion? :-)

Top Bottom