What valuable post-shtf skills do you have ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I have the only practical skill needed to survive..............

Not dying. Don't really matter how you do it, as long as you do it.

For real, though..... all that cool SHTF:rolleyes: "training" and guns and crap stock-piled in your spare room isn't worth a **** if you haven't actually tried to survive with it prior to a bad situation. All you need to do is look at video from any of the natural disasters in the last few decades and watch all the idiots roaming around with their heads up their asses and a car and house full of **** they thought they needed but never bothered to use. How many "preppers" have lived in the woods for 30+ days with limited resources and no backup plan to "train". How many actually have the mental and emotional toughness to do WHATEVER it takes to survive? Then throw in the physical aspects of it and I'm guessing there aint a whole bunch. All your fancy trucks and bunkers and buckets don't mean a thing if you're a toot.

Are you implying that a 300lb keyboard-commando with a ****-ton of prepper junk and other "survival" items likely doesn't actually have "mad-skillz" needed to survive in their "SHTF" fantasy?

So much truth here. Some people roughing it is no cable tv and no microwave. Or camping requires a camper. Don't get me wrong I own a 27 footer with a 12foot slide it's quite enjoyable, but camping it is not. Many hunters don't even butcher and process their own game anymore. Sure you can shoot it but can you clean it so it doesn't taste like crap? Or muscle it out so that no nourishment gets wasted. Cut firewood, grow a garden, fix something without a YouTube video to teach you how. There so many important skills most people just can't do. If a day comes when society goes into chaos and you credit cards and cash mean nothing can you survive?

Mental toughness of is an whole different aspect of this conversation, but briefly put ifthat day comes and all you can do is cry about how you can't watch the Saints loose to a sub-par team on Sunday, you either won't survive our you will be someone's burden.

Last edited:

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    So much truth here. Some people roughing it is no cable tv and no microwave. Or camping requires a camper. Don't get me wrong I own a 27 footer with a 12foot slide it's quite enjoyable, but camping it is not. Many hunters don't even butcher and process their own game anymore. Sure you can shoot it but can you clean it so it doesn't taste like crap? Or muscle it out so that no nourishment gets wasted. Cut firewood, grow a garden, fix something without a YouTube video to teach you how. There so many important skills most people just can't do. If a day comes when society goes into chaos and you credit cards and cash mean nothing can you survive?

Mental toughness of is an whole different aspect of this conversation, but briefly put ifthat day comes and all you can do is cry about how you can't watch the Saints loose to a sub-par team on Sunday, you either won't survive our you will be someone's burden.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Another truth so well put!
    I remember "camping" back in the day with a tent or just a wool blanet between myself and the ground and another over me to keep warm under the stars while we cooked what we caught in the bayou over a wood fire we started with just matches and tender. Those were the good days and I still enjoy them today!

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I'm good, Thanks

Attachments

• wheelbarrow.jpg
      wheelbarrow.jpg
      162.8 KB · Views: 149

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I'm good, Thanks

Maybe he got tired of being call a 300lb keyboard commando so he's doing something about. Instead of flipping tractor tires he loads every gun he owns and goes for a walk. Note the Diet Cokes in the LBE. He is obviously working on his weight.

Last edited:

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Are you implying that a 300lb keyboard-commando with a ****-ton of prepper junk and other "survival" items likely doesn't actually have "mad-skillz" needed to survive in their "SHTF" fantasy?

Sumptin like that. I'm no expert, but I have spent 45+ days in the outback shittin in holes and sleeping with Wallaobies, no shower, no interwebz (hell, our comms didn't even work), <1 MRE a day, drinkin outta mudholes cause we ran out of water cause our comms didnt work. Then there was our trips to South Korea and AGH....

Oh, so you wanna bring reality into this discussion? :-)

Yeah, Muhbad:mamoru:

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    The ability to negotiate and the ability to plan ahead --

A good read is from a Bosnia war survivor -- this is more of an Urban SHTF scenario, for many of us when the SHTF you may be in a more urban environment not out in the woods.....

http://www.naturalnews.com/040249_bosnia_preppers_survival_strategies.html

Cliffs Notes:
    1. Money is useless/worthless.
    2. Displays of any type of wealth or stockpiles of food, ammo, medicine, fuel just invites trouble.
    3. 1,000 BIC Lighters are more valuable than a generator.
    4. Strength in numbers. Surviving on your own is practically impossible. (That's what I think.) Even you're armed and ready, if you're alone, you'll die
    5. Diarrhea will kill you! - Hygiene is real important.
    6. Cheap Whiskey is a good antiseptic and good to trade.
    7. You will need ammo and weapons -- 2000 rounds per caliber min.
    8. Be prepared to do bad things to protect yourself/family

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom