When do you open fire in a riot?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Scare at State Fair: witnesses describe mobs, some people claim racially-charged attacks
    Translation: Blacks leaving concert attack any and all whites in their paths!

My question is, what the heck do you do to save yourself and your family? Blast your way to your car and plow your way to safety? This has to be one of the worst possible of situations to be in. Seriously... what would you do? Also, what should be done about this and to prevent it in the future?

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    20091107030301!Kent_State_massacre.jpg

Too soon?

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    As soon as you can get you're hand on it. But did you read the performers at the fair? Tone loc, mc hammer, and some other "gangsta" pretty sure I wouldn't be at that monkey festival anyway

fastmover

fastmover
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    lafayette, la
    You can/should use deadly force as soon as you are in fear for your life or the lives of your family.

I would avoid those situations at all cost, because that is what it may cost you. If you live though the riot and saved your family (of course this should be your primary concern), you may lose everything in court. You may be vilified and "murdered" by the media.

Me, i avoid situations where groups of like minded people gather...i am wary polo matches, PTA meetings and a little fearful my priest may at some point, point at me and demand i be burned.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I'd rather do my best to avoid getting involved. It may take more than a couple reloads to get out if the situation went from bad to worse :draw:

Cornbread504

Drink coffee and destroy.
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Uptown NOLA
    You can/should use deadly force as soon as you are in fear for your life or the lives of your family.

I would avoid those situations at all cost, because that is what it may cost you. If you live though the riot and saved your family (of course this should be your primary concern), you may lose everything in court. You may be vilified and "murdered" by the media.

Me, i avoid situations where groups of like minded people gather...i am wary polo matches, PTA meetings and a little fearful my priest may at some point, point at me and demand i be burned.

yeah, I'm pretty much allergic to groups of people... I'm typically the fella hanging around near some sort of exit

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    So, the rap artists were on Thursday night. Are we to gather that the promoters didn't think the need to get up and go to work/school the next morning would be a problem for the expected audience.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    This question really needs to be explored and answered, becuse you can bet you @ss, this is just the beginning.
    Actually, It's far from the beginning. And it's not the first time it's happened in Milwaukee. There have been mob attacks in several cities over the past few months including Milwaukee, Columbia S.C., St Louis, Chicago, Seattle..... There is a good thread in the Zombie Squad forum in the Disasters in Current Events (aka DICE) section at http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=81236 . It's a long thread, 6 pages, but worth reading to get up to speed on the subject.
    The Flash Mob Attack - How To Defend?

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - All eight suspects are in custody after a brutal attack in Five Points early Monday morning which left the teenage victim in critical condition, according to Columbia police.

CHICAGO, IL (WLS) -- The recent series of mob-style attacks on Chicago's Near North Side mark the first major hurdles facing Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Chicago's new police superintendent Garry McCarthy. The latest attack happened Tuesday night. A witness tells WGN 15-20 teens beat and robbed two people at Chicago and Wabash

AKRON, OH -- Out of nowhere, the six were attacked by dozens of teenage boys, who shouted ''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world'' as they confronted Marshall and his family.

NO. VIRGINIA -- Three people were beaten by mobs in Northern Virginia in two separate incidents that occurred within five minutes of each other on Saturday night, authorities said.
    Be informed and be on guard.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    In a case like this, if you do draw and even fire, you are now the center of ALL the aggressors and now in REAL deep doo. If you are lucky, you make it to your car and now all you have to do is manage to find a way to get out through all the mass of people and traffic. I simply can't picture a much worse situation to be in.

Top Bottom