When to leave negative feedback….

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    but...but...they can list braced pistols. So all the other rules would be worth it.
    I actually think their rules aren't bad. The only thing that might be negative depends on what they mean by "contact information". If it's just email, then it seems it would be no different than what is implemented here.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I actually think their rules aren't bad. The only thing that might be negative depends on what they mean by "contact information". If it's just email, then it seems it would be no different than what is implemented here.
    It’s been years obviously but that’s all I remember having to put in was email… but it’s been a while lol

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    It’s been years obviously but that’s all I remember having to put in was email… but it’s been a while lol
    I mean, you can still stay "anonymous" on the sales that matter and just claim the feedback on the miscellaneous stuff. I don't see the big deal. Can't bump ads? Ok, no big deal there either, everyone can scroll the marketplace. Can't post more than 1 ad on a page? Fine there too, less clutter.

Don't threaten me with a good time. Now, let's make a trade to rid the cowardice towards the other "rules".

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    but...but...they can list braced pistols. So all the other rules would be worth it.

Sometimes you guys pick a topic and flat run it into the ground, sometimes for days. The simple solution is the @Bigchillin83 should frequent ARF.com and sell his braced pistols there instead of whining like a ***** here. You love ARF and their rules, go play over there! Very simple solution! Puck!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Meanwhile in NOLA, they shot 6 over the Christmas weekend, and 3 are dead. Can't even go 3 days, Christmas holiday, and not murder multiple people. NOLA is doomed to violence and nothing will change that! 34% white pop now.

Not even their new white female police chief, who earns $443,000 annually.

Last edited:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Meanwhile in NOLA, they shot 6 over the Christmas weekend, and 3 are dead. Can't even go 3 days, Christmas holiday, and not murder multiple people. NOLA is doomed to violence and nothing will change that! 34% white pop now.

Not even their new white female police chief, who earns $443,000 annually.
    How's Hammond doing?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    How's Hammond doing?
    Doing ok, haven't had a shooting or murder in a few weeks. When we do, its the usual suspects. NOLA sent their finest up here immediately after Katrina. Flooded with em.

They had a shootout in Ponchy Dec 21th, in a neighborhood. I heard the sound recording, a friend had it. Her house got hit by a round fired. Prob 20 or 30 rounds fired. This occurred at 6:00 PM.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Oh to add, she is pretty savy on firearms, has a CC permit, carries a Glock. One of the weapons was firing 556 rounds. Nobody got hit, what a miracle. It won't be long before somebody gets killed in the crossfire or stray round. A couple years ago, somebody cut loose like a block from the Strawberry Festival. A few blocks from the PPD building.

Dranrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2015
    Metairie
    How should the admins here handle it? How should they determine which feedback is justified and which isn't?

Just thinking out loud here. What about a "Transaction Comments" Marketplace sub-forum? In the case of this thread, the OP could title a thread "Member XYZ123 Stood Me Up." He could then post any evidence in the form of screen shots, messages or call logs.

As a buyer or seller, I could search that sub-forum by user name, read any comments and decide for myself if I want to do business with that person. That would give members like the OP a chance to defend himself against retaliatory feedback.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    How's Hammond doing?
    Same thing I was thinking lmao. People who bash New Orleans but live less than an hour away are the equivalent to someone watching their neighbors house burn down and think “ oh well it’s next door so it can’t spread here or harm me”

It’s actually comical for me watching the amount of people who will bash New Orleans yet still live within an hour or so from the city.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just thinking out loud here. What about a "Transaction Comments" Marketplace sub-forum? In the case of this thread, the OP could title a thread "Member XYZ123 Stood Me Up." He could then post any evidence in the form of screen shots, messages or call logs.

As a buyer or seller, I could search that sub-forum by user name, read any comments and decide for myself if I want to do business with that person. That would give members like the OP a chance to defend himself against retaliatory feedback.

That's fine with me. But I suspect my views on what should be allowed may be more open then most of the mods. And we still need owner approval. That would also open up retaliatory threads so the "target" of one thread can get their "opponent's" name in the title of another thread. But that would provide more space to give context to complaints.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Doing ok, haven't had a shooting or murder in a few weeks. When we do, its the usual suspects. NOLA sent their finest up here immediately after Katrina. Flooded with em.

They had a shootout in Ponchy Dec 21th, in a neighborhood. I heard the sound recording, a friend had it. Her house got hit by a round fired. Prob 20 or 30 rounds fired. This occurred at 6:00 PM.

NOLA sent their finest everywhere. I was working for the military after the hurricane. Part of the time I worked in a building FEMA was using on the west bank in New Orleans. I attended quite a few meetings and reported back to the LA Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness. One of the meetings I regularly attended was the repatriation committee meeting. Houston was trying really hard to get the NOLA residents back to NOLA. It seems the New Orleans usual suspects were not getting along with the Houston usual suspects and the uptick in incidents was really noticeable. Houston did not care that the infrastructure in New Orleans couldn't support large scale repatriation. They wanted the NOLA residents returned to NOLA before they decided to set up new roots and stay in Houston.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Same thing I was thinking lmao. People who bash New Orleans but live less than an hour away are the equivalent to someone watching their neighbors house burn down and think “ oh well it’s next door so it can’t spread here or harm me”

It’s actually comical for me watching the amount of people who will bash New Orleans yet still live within an hour or so from the city.
    You cannot even begin to compare NOLA and Hammond crime. People get murdered every day in NOLA. They murdered 3 this holiday weekend in NOLA. People get murdered in Hammond like once a month, maybe. Boy, you really are a slow learner. You need to pay attention to the news, WWL tv or on line. channel 4. Or city-data.com on line and study specific town crime data.

Oh Harvey, that pretty much says it all.

"The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Harvey is 1 in 35. Based on FBI crime data, Harvey is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Louisiana, Harvey has a crime rate that is higher than 80% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes."

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    NOLA sent their finest everywhere. I was working for the military after the hurricane. Part of the time I worked in a building FEMA was using on the west bank in New Orleans. I attended quite a few meetings and reported back to the LA Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness. One of the meetings I regularly attended was the repatriation committee meeting. Houston was trying really hard to get the NOLA residents back to NOLA. It seems the New Orleans usual suspects were not getting along with the Houston usual suspects and the uptick in incidents was really noticeable. Houston did not care that the infrastructure in New Orleans couldn't support large scale repatriation. They wanted the NOLA residents returned to NOLA before they decided to set up new roots and stay in Houston.
    I remember that very well. The people of Houston extended their hand and generosity to the buses, at the Astrodome. Texans are good people. They had toiletries, clothing, food, shelter, cold water, whatever they needed for day to day life. After a week or two, they were ready to give every one of them a bus ticket back to Louisiana. Bussed from the Superdome to the Astrodome. I bet that will never happen again, roll out the welcome mat to NOLA hurricane refugees.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Oh Harvey, that pretty much says it all.

"The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Harvey is 1 in 35. Based on FBI crime data, Harvey is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Louisiana, Harvey has a crime rate that is higher than 80% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes."

(just in case)

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central

Oh HELL no .. I know you mean well . but the opportunity for that to go really bad is massive . The back and forth bickering would be endless .

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    While I washing the dishes just now I thought of an analogy which even my eight year old cousin could grasp. But he is a pretty smart boy, excels in his classes, really likes to learn.

New Orleans was the reigning murder capital of the US in 2022 (per capita data). This is a well publicized fact, although the queen of NOLA (Cantrell) adamantly denies it. Even beat out Chicago or St Louis. Does this mean that BR is also the murder capital of the US? How about Ponchatoula or Hammond? Or here is a good one, how about Covington? Does Covington crime equal NOLA's? I mean Covington is just 41 miles from NOLA.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom