Where to get MREs for next storm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I've eaten far more MREs than I can recall. Many months' worth of them at least. All I can say is that they do serve a purpose and some of the newer varieties are actually decent by all accounts. That said, while I do have some fresh MREs stockpiled (remember to rotate them out on a regular basis), I have far more freeze dried meals stored aside for me and my family. They're extremely expensive if you buy commercially but proper freeze dried foods are good for over 25 years and taste like "real" food while maintaining the majority of their nutritional value. Just a rant.
    I loaded up during a sale I heard on patriot radio a couple years back, just for peace of mind. I also learned how to make tactical bacon in jars using a pressure cooker. If you raise chickens for eggs, waterglassing will keep eggs fresh for a year easy without refrigeration. Super easy and cheap to do. I had older grandparents running the house/farm growing up, so I learned a lot of stuff folks nowadays have never heard of. We are a soft society. If the food stops, about 90% of the city folk will starve in the first couple months. The rest will line the ditches of the rural areas.

Top Bottom