which ar?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishbaja2

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Baton rouge

Second the 6920 recommendation. Check with the Walker and Gonzales Walmarts for available Colts but do ask nicely at counter since they rarely put out in the display for some odd reason.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    DD doesn't sell lowers, only with their complete rifles.

$1500 is a great budget for an AR and opens up a lot of options. Colt, Daniel Defense and BCM are my recommendations. Honestly though, the AR market is crashing and if I was in the market right now I'd keep an eye out for a quality used one at a great price. For example there was a like new Daniel Defense DDM4V7LW on m4carbine.net today for $1250 shipped.

I would post something more, but +1 to this covers it.

Things I have come to like:

-Flat-top
    -9" rail MINIMUM, and that's on an SBR, 12-14" on a 16" gun.
    -Midlength gas system on a 14.5-16" gun.
    -Stay away from "Gucci crap" not made to any known spec, such as Noveske and their Gen II lowers and the like.
    -Stick with what works. Don't try to re-invent the wheel.

Last edited:

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    Love my DD m4 that i built on their website. But honestly, it's probably more rifle than ill ever need. I would of been fine with your $1000ish department store ar. But im keeping it :)

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    With out of the box weapons, I stick to companies that have military contracts. Daniel Defense and Colt pretty much are at top of the list. Not that others are bad in any way. PSA also uses FN and DD parts in their weapons and I have yet to have a bad experiance with their kits on just about any receiver.

Snag this now, comes with BCG and CH

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...-chf-16-5-56mm-1-7-mid-length-a2-profile.html

expires tonight midnight.

Then get a complete lower or a stripped lower and LPK/Stock kit, assemble yourself. Colt from wally world may be more instantly gratifying however.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    My first choice will be Daniel Defense for as long as the current ownership is in place. That being said the Walmart 6920 is a hard to beat bargain.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    From what I've been reading here lately, Noveske must be going downhill. I'm sorry it's come to pass. I'm completely satisfied with mine but I have a 5-6 year old mid-length recce N4 complete upper on top of an EA J-15-F lower. It's been absolutely perfect so far ... kow ...

If I was ever to get another, I believe that it would be a BCM ...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom