Which Glock do you use for CC?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which Glock do you use for CC?

• G19

Votes: 39 40.6%
    • G26

Votes: 36 37.5%
    • G30

Votes: 7 7.3%
    • G36

Votes: 14 14.6%

• Total voters

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Yeah, but I don't plan on using my CCW for shooting through walls and cars. If I was, I'd just get a 10mm.

I thought the question was what do I carry? Did I miss the question that asked me to pick what would be best for you? Do you need others to make decisions for you?

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    It was chosen for ammunition cost ( in case lots), availability(Winchesters 200 million round contract for Homeland Security) and penetration (you can pack a lot of Zombies in a car)

There is no perfect handgun in the perfect caliber with the bestus bullet. You choose a combination that fits your requirements, and go to the range, often and in excess.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    G29 :D

Seriously, if they would come out with a line of single stackers, I'd like them better for CC. I'm not really sure why they haven't. Kind of like Dodge not having a version of the Suburban. What's up with that? Oh well, I haven't read the whole thread, so if that's already been stated, sorry.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    First of all,
    Friends don't let friends carry Crocks! :nono::p

Second, 180 gr .40 will work just fine from full length barrel. I carry .40 Gold Dot Short Barrel in 180gr in my 3.25" P2000SK. As for the FMJ issue......:eek:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    G29 :D

Seriously, if they would come out with a line of single stackers, I'd like them better for CC. I'm not really sure why they haven't. Kind of like Dodge not having a version of the Suburban. What's up with that? Oh well, I haven't read the whole thread, so if that's already been stated, sorry.

I've thought about the G29. My only concern is the recoil in a subcompact. I just watched a video by that Hickok45 guy demonstrating the recoil of the G26, 27, and 29. It doesn't look that bad. He was shooting Double Tap too. I may see if Precision has one to rent.

The G36 is a single stack .45, but it's only 1.5mm thinner than a G26.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Dodge Durango?

Nah, that's not a full-size. It's the SUV version of the Dakota.

Along these lines is what I'm talking about. Apparently these were manufactured but never sold in the American market. This looks to be about the same size as the current Ford Expedition and the Chevy Tahoe, but still a little shorter than he Suburban.

2405868265_0360a9b219.jpg

Last edited:

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Look,

The most important feature of a CCW pistol is WHETHER IT WILL BE THERE WHEN NEEDED.

Sure, theoretically, we should all have double jackass rigs with a 6" Python on one side and a LaserMax GLOCK 21 on the other. But, it would be home in the safe WTSHTF.
    The G26 will be there WHEN you need it.

I work in "sensitive" areas and must arm/disarm a number of times daily. The G26 in a GALCO "Scout" goes in-n-off belt with one hand, can fit the entire thing in a coat pocket, uses ubiquitous ammo, has 11 round cap, and is amazingly accurate and easy to shoot. And can be re-holstered by one hand, without looking.

And, if I forget to disarm, no-one would notice.

What NolaCop says about not knowing ahead of time when you will need a weapon is OH SO TRUE! Just ask me. Not once, but twice; stupid me; BUT, there won't be a third time.

The simple presence of a weapon will defuse most encounters. The last time I had one like that, I just told the BG, "Don't make me draw my weapon" and he went away, quickly, too.

What we have is one thing; what we actually CARRY is another.
    The 5" Kimber of full size Beretta 92 will be home or in truck when needed.
    The G26 will be THERE! A J-Frame would be there, too. Maybe both.

leVieux

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom