Who really shut the government down. Best explanation so far

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Taking up arms is a lot different than sitting in your office chair, going home to watch the football game, and calling for government to cut off other people they're indebted to.

And comparing the revolutionary war to our current state is an amazing stretch.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    I hate Republicans almost as much as Democrats.

Sure. You do.

Are you really only 30 yrs old?

So that would make you 25yrs old when the communist was first elected, 17yrs old when GW (RINO)was first elected, and 9yrs old when slick willy was elected...What makes you think you know more than the rest of us?

You read it somewhere? I dont fault you too much since you dont know any better.

Quite drinking the Obama Koolaid.

Most of us know that life got along just fine WITHOUT the bloated machine we have today.

I challenge you to move out of SW Louisiana, and move to DC area.

Report back after living with these people for a while. See how most of them live, and how much they feel entitled to YOUR money. See what they think of YOU being from the South. Then maybe you wont be so quick to defend them.

Travel to PG county of Mongomery County while your there, and see what (2) two 200K + government jobs provide. They are EVERYWHERE!

Also travel westward about 150 miles and speak to the countless generations of coal miners how have lost everything because of the EPA. You can site cases like this for a lifetime.

These people get ZERO sympathy from me. Since WE pay for it.

Last edited:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell

I thought he was comparing the "reasons" for the revolutionary war to our current state...I would think our current state of gov't dwarfs the state of gov't from the revolutionary war time.

10November1775

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Taking up arms is a lot different than sitting in your office chair, going home to watch the football game, and calling for government to cut off other people they're indebted to.

It has to start somewhere. And don't make the assumption that I want to be comfortable while I let others suffer. I could care less about material things or comfort. I came into this would with nothing and that is how I will leave. Everything else is lagniappe. Right now others are suffering, but I know it will eventually get around to all of us. You can be sure of that. My position is that it we will have not suffered in vein if we force drastic change now. We can patch up the boat and continue to sail for deeper waters, but I promise you it will be a lot worse for a lot more people once this boat finally capsizes.

For the record, I believe the ruling class will compromise and reopen government once they realize people are waking up and seeing that they don't need the government as much as they thought.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Wake up call for whom, exactly?

The disabled vets who sustained injuries in combat, serving their country, whose checks will stop if this continues?

What are they supposed to be waking up to?

- - - Updated - - -

A great number of people hurt by the shutdown are not /employees/ at all.

Unfortunately this DISABLED VETS program has been mismanaged to a point whereas the truly disabled veterans are grossly outnumbered by other veterans looking for an easy check. I work with these "Disabled Veterans" and hear them boast about the pay/benefits they get. A lot (BTW ALOT is not a word) of military members first stop upon retirement is the VA hospital to get a medical screening for their "issues" that "occurred" during their service time. So, acid reflux, a hurt shoulder, a bum knee, arthritis, headaches, etc. etc are all combined to label the serviceman as DV. Trust me, I work with them. DV license plate, parks in the Handicap spot, but heads to the gym everyday to work out. I'm a retired reservist with 22 years and 2 tours in Iraq. I have most of what I listed above but it is due to being almost 50 years old, not anything that occurred during my service....Don't get me wrong, a true injury that happened in the line of duty I have NO problem with, all the other claims need to go away.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    you dont know any better.

Yea, sure thing old man. I'm just one of the people in my generation inheriting your generations dicked-up'd ideologies and voting record.

Don't tell me what I should do like you know what I've done in life or where I've been. You're showing your ass. I suggest getting back to talking about the topic at hand rather than talking about me. Simply existing for a certain number of years does not qualify you for anything but aching joints. Just like here at the company I work for. There are guys who have 15 years of experience and there are guys who have 3 years of experience 5 times over.

10November1775

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010

How so? Do you think the colonist woke up one day and said, "I'm bored. Lets go kill Brits and form our own country"? It was a gradual process. The colonist attempted other avenues and finally came to the realization that armed revolution was their only viable option. I don't think we are at the point of armed resistance, but we are definitely at the point of drastic measures.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    Yea, sure thing old man. I'm just one of the people in my generation inheriting your generations dicked-up'd ideologies and voting record.

Don't tell me what I should do like you know what I've done in life or where I've been. You're showing your ass. I suggest getting back to talking about the topic at hand rather than talking about me. Simply existing for a certain number of years does not qualify you for anything but aching joints. Just like here at the company I work for. There are guys who have 15 years of experience and there are guys who have 3 years of experience 5 times over.

Now THAT is how its done folks!

HOOK LINE AND SINKER

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    bass-fishing.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:

10November1775

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    If this shutdown continues we will default on our debts, not what the founders envisioned.

I'm not sure they envisioned the government in its current state either. In my opinion defaulting on the debt is a lesser evil than allowing things to continue the way they are. If we could get meaningful change and pay the debt, I would be all for it. However, I have no faith that our government will ever get fixed without a drastic wake up call.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    just to many career politicians having a temper tantrum on OUR coin

no body wants to compromise or get along w/ one another ..... alot of ego trips floating around

You couldn't be more wrong about this being their motivation, sir! See these government jobs JNieman is fighting to defend here; those of which you speak are the slave masters!

When phony democrats and liberals rail against corporate greed it is the most hypocritical sentiment an American human can muster.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    How so? Do you think the colonist woke up one day and said, "I'm bored. Lets go kill Brits and form our own country"? It was a gradual process. The colonist attempted other avenues and finally came to the realization that armed revolution was their only viable option. I don't think we are at the point of armed resistance, but we are definitely at the point of drastic measures.

Fair enough, I don't really agree that a shutdown is the venue to enact change, but I can see your point.

I'm not sure they envisioned the government in its current state either. In my opinion defaulting on the debt is a lesser evil than allowing things to continue the way they are. If we could get meaningful change and pay the debt, I would be all for it. However, I have no faith that our government will ever get fixed without a drastic wake up call.
    I don't know what they envisioned beyond what I can read and I know that they required us to pay all debts. It doesn't make sense to say we should do this because it is what the founders wanted, then ignore what they said they wanted.

10November1775

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    You couldn't be more wrong about this being their motivation, sir! See these government jobs JNieman is fighting to defend here; those of which you speak are the slave masters!

When phony democrats and liberals rail against corporate greed it is the most hypocritical sentiment an American human can muster.

Exactly! Both parties are working together to line their pockets, consolidate power, and keep the population divided by portraying the image that they are ideological opposites. They are all working towards the same goal. The sooner people realize this, the better off they will be.

Emperor hit the nail on the head earlier. Thee is something seriously wrong when someone is willing to spend tens of millions of dollars to get a job that pays a couple 100K.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    If this shutdown continues we will default on our debts, not what the founders envisioned.

I'm not saying a "shutdown" or "default on our debts" is what the founders envisioned....I'm saying a gov't that is much smaller than what we have now is what they envisioned, and that people who are advocating a shutdown, are advocating it in the hopes that it will bring us to a place to shrink this out of control, bloated, big gov't.

At this point there's no easy or "good" way of going about our business.

10November1775

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    I'm not saying a "shutdown" or "default on our debts" is what the founders envisioned....I'm saying a gov't that is much smaller than what we have now is what they envisioned, and that people who are advocating a shutdown, are advocating it in the hopes that it will bring us to a place to shrink this out of control, bloated, big gov't.

Well said. My point exactly.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

It's about time you stated something poignant! :D

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

You said "I think people are advocating for what the Founders actually advocated."

My point was that it seems backwards to me to say that we are pushing towards what we think they wanted by going against what we KNOW they wanted. If we need to violate the constitution to fix this, then the constitution and the founder's failed in creating a lasting government.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom