Whole Foods Mandeville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Mandeville now has a Whole Foods, and today is the "Grand Opening."

Anybody want to set up a lawn chair in the parking lot, pop open a cold one, and enjoy watching all the hipster North Shorians (sp?) play bumper cars and throw elbows to buy organic water? :rofl:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The location in New Orleans is close to Zulu headquarters. The door at Whole Foods has a "No Firearms Allowed" sign. That is why I will not go there for anything. They can ask Crooked Hillary for her business.

I do shop at Fresh Market for a few things. The candy(by the pound) is as good as the old candy stores that are long gone. The pies at the bakery are awesome. Everything at the deli is reasonable and delicious. The meat is high quality and not expensive(the Tuesday 2.99 LB special is too good to pass up.) The coffee they serve is the best and there are always free samples or only $1 for a full cup!
    Fresh Market does not have any anti-gun sighs. That is why I decided to give them a try

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The location in New Orleans is close to Zulu headquarters. The door at Whole Foods has a "No Firearms Allowed" sign. That is why I will not go there for anything. They can ask Crooked Hillary for her business.

I do shop at Fresh Market for a few things. The candy(by the pound) is as good as the old candy stores that are long gone. The pies at the bakery are awesome. Everything at the deli is reasonable and delicious. The meat is high quality and not expensive(the Tuesday 2.99 LB special is too good to pass up.) The coffee they serve is the best and there are always free samples or only $1 for a full cup!
    Fresh Market does not have any anti-gun sighs. That is why I decided to give them a try

I tend to not notice that sign whenever I go, and I have an awful bad memory, so I forget their policy often.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I tend to not notice that sign whenever I go, and I have an awful bad memory, so I forget their policy often.

I hear you! Whole Foods posts those anti-guns signs because they do not like gun owners, so I refuse to give them any business.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I just made a trip there and survived. No one disarmed me, got a chantilly cake for my wife that equates to guaranteed sex, checked out an obsene amount of hot women in yoga pants, and got myself an awesome lunch for $6. I'd call it a win.

Didn't notice any firearms signs, but wasn't exactly straining my neck to look for any.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I just made a trip there and survived. No one disarmed me, got a chantilly cake for my wife that equates to guaranteed sex, checked out an obsene amount of hot women in yoga pants, and got myself an awesome lunch for $6. I'd call it a win.

Didn't notice any firearms signs, but wasn't exactly straining my neck to look for any.

Hard to notice signs when there are so many women in yoga pants. :eek3:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    You must have low standards :mamoru:

Maybe I should have phrased it "got an awesome $6 lunch". For the price of a Whopper meal I got blackened fish, fried okra with some fancy **** in it, potatoes, and grilled broccoli. Pretty sure the fish and veggies were all raised in organic, emotionally supportive environments as well. You could really taste the happiness in the fish, makes all the difference. :D

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Maybe I should have phrased it "got an awesome $6 lunch". For the price of a Whopper meal I got blackened fish, fried okra with some fancy **** in it, potatoes, and grilled broccoli. Pretty sure the fish and veggies were all raised in organic, emotionally supportive environments as well. You could really taste the happiness in the fish, makes all the difference. :D

You can do better at Fresh Market. I love the hot sandwiches and wraps.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

LOL

I had their pizza with some coworkers a few months ago in Metry. It was about as good as the stuff they serve to 2nd graders. I typically only buy beer there. I think beer and wine are the only non-Whole Foods branded items there.

Seriously though... Liz's and Rusty Pelican would be my lunch choices before I ever eat anything from Whole Farts again.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Seriously though... Liz's and Rusty Pelican would be my lunch choices before I ever eat anything from Whole Farts again.

Well, duh. Rusty Pelican is my jam. I don't think I'd ever go to WF for lunch, but it's nice to be able to grab something decent while getting sex cake.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

You left out the part about standing in the hour long line of white people. :D

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This organic, sustainability mania looks great in an exhaled cloud of hydroponically grown Northern California sensimilla, but the reality is, it is very expensive. If most people were willing to put their pot money where their stoned minds are, this might catch on. In truth, in my business, when I get inquiries from chefs and corporate restaurant buying consortiums demanding only MSC or SSC sustainable products I laugh to myself and say; oh boy! :rolleyes:

A typical waste of time conversation usually sounds like this:

Emperor, my company is committed to only using certified sustainable products; is that something your company offers?

Sure! We can get anything as long as the customer is willing to pay for it, and it is legal.

Great! I need you to quote me some prices on MSC Certified Salmon, Organically grown shrimp, and SSC certified Sea Bass. When can you get back to me?

I can quote those to you right now! The salmon fillets will be 2x's more expensive then regular Chilean salmon fillets, the shrimp will be $2.00 per pound more than wild caught Gulf shrimp; and the Sea Bass will be almost 3 times the cost of regular frozen sea bass fillets.

Wow! That's expensive!

Yep! And you will be the only restaurant using it here in Louisiana.

Really! Why?

Because you won't be able to compete with the other restaurants that couldn't give a rat's ass about all of that BS, and just want to run a semi-profitable business in a very competitive market.

That's kind of pessimistic, don't you think?

No! That's reality!

Okay, I will get back to my partners and see what the next move is.

Okay, thanks for calling! *Shaking my head as I hang up the phone!*

Now, for what it's worth, I refuse to shop at pretentious fad stores. And I nor my wife, have never entered a Whole Foods, and never will! But the wife buys organic chicken breasts from Winn Dixie or Albertson's and they are the shizzle! I barely eat **** grown chicken anymore! It is that much of a difference!

Last edited:

notasheeple

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    The Berry Chantilly cake is awesome, the pizza is always good. The other items are hit/miss. I don't see a no gun sign when I go

I do know this fact: they will not prosecute shoplifters, they simply "ban" them from the store. ???

And I do know they pay well.

I have friends that work there.

Top Bottom