Whole sh*load of ammo at Gonzales gunshow!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kdjohn1

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    St. Francisville
    I went to the gun show at Lamar Dixon in Gonzales this weekend and noticed that several ammo dealers were there with an entire assload of ammunition.
    Folks, there's no shortage of ammo.
    If you're paying premium prices for ball and range ammo, then you're contributing to the problem.
    If we all refuse to give in to the unreasonable demand, then the prices will drop and the supply will stabilize.
    I believe it begining to happen already.

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    f15f5b7552b3a8184dca9c19ba3acada.jpg

I went mostly cause I was bored . Prices were all over the place in the highest reaches. I left then went to cabelas just for shiggles. Turns Out they just got a truck the day before and had a good bit of 5.56, .308, and so on. Cabelas was selling 100rd boxes of 5.56 for $67, while at the same time at the gun show , those same boxes were $135.
    82b77b4d964bcc99299c3b52f96129f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I went to the gun show at Lamar Dixon in Gonzales this weekend and noticed that several ammo dealers were there with an entire assload of ammunition.
    Folks, there's no shortage of ammo.
    If you're paying premium prices for ball and range ammo, then you're contributing to the problem.
    If we all refuse to give in to the unreasonable demand, then the prices will drop and the supply will stabilize.
    I believe it begining to happen already.

Useless post without prices.

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    When I sell stuff I always look at market price and then go a little below. I consider a good transaction to be one where I am happy with what I'm selling and the customer is happy with what they are buying. That being said I haven't been able to get much ammo and moving guns has really slowed down and become more difficult. There were a ton of people at the show, but they just weren't really buying. I wasn't seeing much money exchanging hands and items moving off of the tables so who knows guess people just want to look at stuff

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    When I sell stuff I always look at market price and then go a little below. I consider a good transaction to be one where I am happy with what I'm selling and the customer is happy with what they are buying. That being said I haven't been able to get much ammo and moving guns has really slowed down and become more difficult. There were a ton of people at the show, but they just weren't really buying. I wasn't seeing much money exchanging hands and items moving off of the tables so who knows guess people just want to look at stuff
    maybe people are finally refusing to pay the crazy prides.

Kdjohn1

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    St. Francisville
    The prices don't matter!
    The point is, the ammo is there.
    It's available and plentiful.
    If the dealers leave with plenty of ammo, maybe the prices will drop.
    World war three is not about to break out.
    There's no need to pay a buck a round.
    Get your head out of your ass and come to your senses.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I've noticed the mad rush over the last 12 months is finally starting to slow down and manufacturers are starting to get product to market.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The prices don't matter!
    The point is, the ammo is there.
    It's available and plentiful.
    If the dealers leave with plenty of ammo, maybe the prices will drop.
    World war three is not about to break out.
    There's no need to pay a buck a round.
    Get your head out of your ass and come to your senses.

BS, The prices do matter!

noahvale

shootist
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    Redstick
    "The only thing that determines the price of goods in a free market economy is what the market will bear".

The NRA and the rest of the fear mongers have done their job - shilling for the manufacturers.

A good friend who is ex LEO, Mil, and Game Warden told me that the chances of actually using a firearm against an aggressor is about the same as winning the lottery. I don't play the lottery, but I do believe in personal protection.

The second amendment is not going anywhere. Even if both houses of congress and the president signed a bill to kill it, it would require ratification by two thirds of the 50 states. Ain't gonna happen.

IHMO, YMMV, and any applicable acronyms apply...

Top Bottom