Will Smith, former Saint, shot dead in NOLA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Very true however; you were running with what the killers lawyer was saying and video and wording of a few media reports that said "hit and run" (when it looked to me as though they didn't even hit the hummer) to personally state that Will Smith is looking less and less of a Saint......like he provoked his death.

I guess things will come out in court but I will bet that the back shooting coward will be convicted pretty easily.

Smith definitely hit the hummer then drove off. I still believe that Hayes did not shoot out of self defense.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Smith definitely hit the hummer then drove off. I still believe that Hayes did not shoot out of self defense.

I have watched the video over and over again and its hard to tell if he actually makes contact. If any contact was made it had to be the slightest amount.

Agree with you for sure on the last part.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Very true however; you were running with what the killers lawyer was saying and video and wording of a few media reports that said "hit and run" (when it looked to me as though they didn't even hit the hummer) to personally state that Will Smith is looking less and less of a Saint......like he provoked his death.

I guess things will come out in court but I will bet that the back shooting coward will be convicted pretty easily.

To be clear, I wasn't running with anything. I was reporting what my eyes and ears were hearing and seeing. I noticed from the moment I heard that it was Ex-NFL player and N.O. Saint, and Superbowl winner Will Smith, that the court of public opinion in New Orleans had only to go get a rope and a tree for Mr. Hayes.

This jump to conclusion on the run via social media, you tube, and ESPN, has got to stop! That is not good for this country! Most of you already know how little confidence I have in so called "news" reporting media.

How many Treyvon Martin and Michael Brown sagas do we need to see to know that the system is being slowly destroyed?

Last edited:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Yeah, I am sure that there are many people who are Saints fans who could never see any wrong no matter the case. I am not one of them. Wrong is wrong in my book but there are also people out there who hate the Saints that will try to find fault in Smith no matter if he was wrong or not.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yeah, I am sure that there are many people who are Saints fans who could never see any wrong no matter the case. I am not one of them. Wrong is wrong in my book but there are also people out there who hate the Saints that will try to find fault in Smith no matter if he was wrong or not.

Well if it's any consolation, I did say that Smith was sandbagging and phoning it in during his last season on the field!

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/...by!-Court-is-in-Session!&highlight=will+smith :hs:

But in all sincere seriousness, this is a very sad incident. I feel the most badly for his kids. That is really rough!

And I must reiterate; this incident is one worth paying attention to for CC'ers particularly; because there are nut jobs out there driving around that will lose their **** over the stupidest things. This is a higher percentage encounter than most I can think of where deadly force would/could come into play.

Last edited:

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS

Innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply to victims I guess!

Treadwisely

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Shooter's lawyer alluded to a coverup during the press conference. Talked about cell phone footage handed over to NOPD that he had not seen yet. Also talked about ballistics testing being critical to his defense. This is going to be an interesting case. I'll give it to the press. There were good questions asked even if he wouldn't answer them all.

twentythree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2016
    Durham, NC
    Regardless of the details, the fact is that a man lost his life and another's has for sure been ruined... and for what? A fender bender? Ego? People need to take a deep breath before they do the things they do especially on the roadways behind the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    The shooters lawyer also said in the same presscomfence that "I never said my client shot anyone."
    As much as I hate people that twist the obvious, that lawyer Is Very Sharp.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    I find it amazing how some can say smith barely tapped the hummer. Let somebody "tap" their vehicles and take off. Testosterone would go through the roof.

I don't understand why smiths gun was found the next day. If on duty officers respond to a shooting, and the shooter says the victim had weapon, wouldn't they thoroughly search the vehicle onsite for a firearm? Wouldn't this be important. Hell Ive seen LE search cars on the spot, for reasonable suspicion.

I wasn't on the seen of the accident and I'm not mr Hayes. But if I was in a heated argument with a individual, and he makes reference to a gun and then turns and moves towards the inside of his vehicle, I would no easily assume the argument was over. Especially if he just mentioned I have a gun. Maybe it's just me, but that would have put me on alert.

It just seems that so many have convicted Hayes, without an open mind, and have wepted for smith because he is a celebrity. Our justice system at its finest

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    He was arrested because neither of the people he shot were legally armed. You are not legally armed until you touch a weapon or you have one on your person. Smith was also shot in the back while unarmed.
    The "South Park" defense is not going to work here.

lpso708

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    Thibodaux,LA
    A waste of time and our money. If you are a felon with not one but two that is a crime, You shoot a man 8 times in the back crime 2 and you shoot his wife as she is both walking away crime 3. After all this just go right to that hole of no return for life PRISON. I can care less who you are this wrong. I would give him a chance to get out with 85% give him 300 years.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I find it amazing how some can say smith barely tapped the hummer. Let somebody "tap" their vehicles and take off. Testosterone would go through the roof.

I don't understand why smiths gun was found the next day. If on duty officers respond to a shooting, and the shooter says the victim had weapon, wouldn't they thoroughly search the vehicle onsite for a firearm? Wouldn't this be important. Hell Ive seen LE search cars on the spot, for reasonable suspicion.

I wasn't on the seen of the accident and I'm not mr Hayes. But if I was in a heated argument with a individual, and he makes reference to a gun and then turns and moves towards the inside of his vehicle, I would no easily assume the argument was over. Especially if he just mentioned I have a gun. Maybe it's just me, but that would have put me on alert.

It just seems that so many have convicted Hayes, without an open mind, and have wepted for smith because he is a celebrity. Our justice system at its finest

I was tapped on the rear bumper once. I put the car in park. Got out looked at my bumper. Decided it was just a tap and waved to the idiot who tapped me it was OK and drove off. No testosterone. By pulling into a parking space Hayes may have given Smith the impression that he wasn't worried about the tap.

They police waited for a judge to issue a search warrant to search the vehicles. It wasn't necessary but because this has garnered so much national attention, they (DA Leon Cannezaro) are proceeding with an abundance of caution. I guess they don't want to give a judge ANY reason to grant an appeal one day.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    A waste of time and our money. If you are a felon with not one but two that is a crime, You shoot a man 8 times in the back crime 2 and you shoot his wife as she is both walking away crime 3. After all this just go right to that hole of no return for life PRISON. I can care less who you are this wrong. I would give him a chance to get out with 85% give him 300 years.

All I've read about Haye's record is that he plead guilty to 3 charges but withdrew the guilty plea and after a few turns in the N.O. Judicial Systems revolving door enter a new plea of illegally carrying a firearm and drug paraphernalia. I'm not sure but these may be misdemeanor not felony charges.

Last edited:

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    So if you hit me, and I pause and pull sharply off the road, you take that to mean it's fine? Don't even ask? And he didn't just casually pull away, he had to be on it to get that 6000-pound beast moving like that. I've been rear-ended three times. Once, it was raining, the guy was in a junk car, and I knew he just hit my hitch with his plastic bumper, so we both drove off. The other two times were in heavy interstate traffic and they followed me to the shoulder, they didn't assume me parking was an indication that I didn't care. The last one turned our that way and we both just left, but I don't see how that could be an indication that it's all good.

Last edited:

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    Merritt landry was not charged with murder when he presumed the teen had a weapon. If smith and hayes were arguing, smith mentions gun, and then motion towards his vehicle, could not presume threat? Stand your ground is perceived threat

Top Bottom