will there ever be .22 again?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    I went to Walmartian in Abbeville last night. Thought I hit the mother load. 6 bricks of CCI sitting behind the glass.

I wait and get the lady there.... it's the CB caps...

If anyone is looking for CB, Abbeville had plenty last night

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I paid more than that from a distributor last time I got those.

Thats why I check slickguns all the time. Get some really good deals especially through cabelas. I got 2200 rounds of Federal plus a steel ammo can for $99 shipped a couple months back.

BTW any word on when my Tavor might be in?

Ferrara Fire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Thats why I check slickguns all the time. Get some really good deals especially through cabelas. I got 2200 rounds of Federal plus a steel ammo can for $99 shipped a couple months back.

BTW any word on when my Tavor might be in?

I use Slick guns to decide if I should buy a gun or not, ammo not so much. I price it so I can feed my family and it sells.

Last I talked to IWI they were running FDE's, they have a weird color match process they go through, if it is slightly off they reject the stocks. I can't imagine them doing that now that they have 3 colors and a hydro dip pattern out.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    If people would stop buying everything that's available, the shelves at wal mart would be full again within a month. Everyone is buying the stuff like it's not going to be around anymore.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Just found this box in my Father-n-law's stash
    while helping him move some stuff....

...sigh... :(

6a6l5yjnr8o2g2czmiz9.jpg

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Yeah, but the Cabela's site has a "1 box per customer, per day" limit on this ammo to, and I quote, "ensure all of our customers have fair access to inventories". :rolleyes:

I want to buy 10 boxes, but do I want to order 1 box of ammo a day, for the next 10 days, and pay full shipping on each and every box of ammo?? That would total almost $60 for shipping. I think not... :nono:

I make an order a day and have them shipped to the store free. Then you just go pick up numerous orders at one time.

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    If you keep your eye on gunbroker you will occasionally see 22 go for not-outrageous prices. I just picked up four 325 round boxes of federal auto match for 24 bucks each, shipped. It's a bit higher than what I could get at walmart but at least I don't have to sit there scanning Ammo-can or whatever and then take the chance that the website is wrong when I show up at some store an hour away.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    I make an order a day and have them shipped to the store free. Then you just go pick up numerous orders at one time.

Unfortunately, Bass Pro doesn't let you buy .22 ammo online and I'm not really interested in a 3-hour, 180-mile round-trip drive to Cabela's...

Last edited:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    It'll come down eventually. But then you won't want it.

Glad I bought what I did when I did. I wouldn't say I "stocked up" but with those baby 10rd magazines in the P22 it'll take forever to go through it all...

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Quote Originally Posted by kajunprepper View Post

Democrat Walmart employee/voters, who eat better than I do with my tax dollars, are the problem. Buying/reselling or holding for partner and split profits.

How much 22 have you guys been getting in? Every time I check the Prairieville Wal-Mart I have zero luck.

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    You mean, will we ever be able to buy the 550 rd Rem/Fed. Bulk Box (Hollow Points) for $11 @ Wal-Mart again?

NO! ..never...Think of it like Gas Prices.

...and especially with the lead plant going down.
    There are quite a few secondary lead plants still up.
    Last 22lr Federal bulk i got were $14.97 45,000 still left.
    And 3 cases of Rem mil surplus from the CMP @ 90 a case and everyone told me not to get it
    I did get an Internet sale on the 10 boxes of Troy Landry CCI Bulk for my wife at @$21.99
    And will not but 22lr bulk again till it goes to a norm, I can hold out. I see it at 22-25 buck bulk range when all hell stops and the norm is back.
    As all things cost more now. I used top get 22lr at K Mart for next to nothing but has was 49 cents a gallon
    I personaly see

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom