Wilson CQB is finally ready!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Yeah Wilson's customer service is top notch as you can possibly be. Supergrades are works of art. Sucks you were one of the very few to have issues.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Yeah Wilson's customer service is top notch as you can possibly be. Supergrades are works of art. Sucks you were one of the very few to have issues.

Indeed. If you are curious, here is the thread. You will note an absence of comment from me around pages 8-10. This is because I had sent the pistol in in exchange for a refund, and I did not wish to hamper the re-selling effort if they chose to make one (I also at that point had neither the pistol, nor the money...), so I let others lambast/blame me, whatever turned them on. The truth of the matter is that Wilson Combat politely agreed to the refund after the 2nd warranty return trip when I e-mailed them a Youtube link to a video of me firing the weapon and it jamming as described in the thread--my wrists solid, held properly. At that point, they seem to have agreed that making me go away was better than the thread including a video. I didn't care what people thought as long as I got my $4K and change back, and I wasn't going to tick them off by posting the video publicly unless they stone-walled on me and tried to blame the problem on me. Once I got my money, what point was there in pouring salt into the wound? They already had eaten a lot of crow in that thread. I deleted the video and never mentioned it on public forum until years later.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=244803

Anyway, that pistol, it was a real disappointment to me and what finally broke me of owning 1911's. I really hope that your experience is different from mine, because they are so damn pretty!

Last edited:

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Yeah people just have to realize guns are machinery and machines can be faulty regardless what goes into building them. Just glad Wilson took care of you.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Yeah people just have to realize guns are machinery and machines can be faulty regardless what goes into building them. Just glad Wilson took care of you.

They did, and while I have never had a good experience with a 1911 (be it my Dad's Colt, my LB TRS, or my Supergrade), If someone wants a 1911, I always point them to Wilson. One way or another, you WILL be satisfied with the experience.

Wilson quoted me a less than 1% warranty return rate. I think it's insane that mine went back twice, and then a 3rd time for keeps. I also want to make it known that they were in a bit of a transition phase when they made my gun, and maybe mine was a "problem child" that resulted. Who knows? I have a SIG P226 now that shoots about 1" at 25 yards with duty ammo and has never had a failure of any sort, so I'm happy.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    They did, and while I have never had a good experience with a 1911 (be it my Dad's Colt, my LB TRS, or my Supergrade), If someone wants a 1911, I always point them to Wilson. One way or another, you WILL be satisfied with the experience.

Wilson quoted me a less than 1% warranty return rate. I think it's insane that mine went back twice, and then a 3rd time for keeps. I also want to make it known that they were in a bit of a transition phase when they made my gun, and maybe mine was a "problem child" that resulted. Who knows? I have a SIG P226 now that shoots about 1" at 25 yards with duty ammo and has never had a failure of any sort, so I'm happy.

Yeah 1911's can be finicky. Thankfully I have had great luck with my Dan Wesson and Springfield.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Just picked it up a little bit ago while on break from something for school. Its a thing of beauty. Hopefully will get a range trip this afternoon. Will post good pics later.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I really don't like FCS on my 1911's

I don't care for them, but I'll own a pistol with them. I just prefer not having them.

+1, our tastes seem identical, as his pistol is almost a mirror image of my old Tactical Supergrade.

I like a classic looking Government Model pistol with a nice blued finish, very little on the bilboards.... I'd like to do without a beavertail, but I pretty much need them..... oh, and sights.

Edmond

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Ft. Polk
    Wish I could afford one! :eek5:

I'm a 1911 lover but even if I could afford one, I don't know how I could justify the cost of 1 Wilson when I could get a few other pistols.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Wish I could afford one! :eek5:

I'm a 1911 lover but even if I could afford one, I don't know how I could justify the cost of 1 Wilson when I could get a few other pistols.
    I wouldn't fault you for it. It is a lot of money. Its just one of those things I have wanted to have for a while now and was able to do so.

Will have some pics up in a bit when I get to a desktop and range report.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    IMG_0658.jpg

Bought a knife from Wilson a few months age to go with it when I got the CQB

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

And with its new little brother. Dan Wesson VBOB

IMG_0661.jpg

Last edited:

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    The biggest thing that holds me up for WC is the DAMN wait!!!! :eek3:

I want one waiting for me when I get back home in Jan from the Stan!!!

Just depends on what you order. Most things in 5" without turnbull finishes and stuff like that arent horrible wait times. Its nothing short at all, but not the year waits from what it seems. Check gunbroker too.

Top Bottom