Wing Chun anyone?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grady

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    S.E. La.
    I believe Royce Gracie settled this discussion back in the 90s. When it comes to martial art styles its Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, but to be a complete fighter you should also practice strikeing preferably muai thai, kick boxing, or boxing.

Lenny Reno

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    NOLA Metro Area
    for hand to hand I would use whatever I can find and knock out the "mutha effa" or "effas". Whether it be a garbage can, wheel chair, desk, chair, bottle, some girl's high heel shoe, fan, ladder, brick, someone else's fist/foot, automobile, and my favorite "the sneaky handshake". Fight dirty, you live to talk about it.

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    Style simply just doesn't matter, as long as someone is actually trained in SOMETHING. Incorporating a few techniques from everything seems to be the way all the MMA guys go.

It truly boils down to who works harder. Better conditioning, lifting weights, working the bags for agility and endurance, GETTING HIT and learning to take hits... that sort of thing.

meauxcg

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 27, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    To answer the question: there is no instructor in Louisiana. White Crane in BR is NOT where you want to train if you really want to learn a true defensive art.

skhansa1559

Rating - 81.3%
    13   3   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Lafayette
    Go check out Sifu Danny Terrell at Progressive Martial arts training center in New iberia, LA. He teaches Wing Chun, Muay Thai, Combat Submission Wrestling, and Kali/Pekiti Tersia. His Wing Chun is mind blowing.The dude seriously knows his stuff and is an excellent teacher. I believe he was Pararescue to top it off.

maniac cop 5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    NE La.
    Wing Chun is a wonderful art and I used to be really surprised how many JKD guys never experienced much of it. It really all came down to when your instructor began JKD as to how much Wing Chun you were taught.
    It is not a powerful fighting art compared to what is out there today though. Best to learn it's basics and modify it (as Bruce did) for certain situations. It's strong points are it's sensitivity training and economy of motion. Combine it with Kali and some ground experience and you have a potent mix!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom