Women to be allowed in front line combat

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    "..it terrifies me that young men may not come home because they were chasing a doe during the rut. " That's deep man. Definitely pause for thought.

How many Joe's did you know getting married to the barracks whore that spent all of his money on Jody? It's inevitable. No matter what we advise or warn against, Joe Snuffy will sniff up the wrong skirts time in and time out. It's hard enough taking an 18 year old man and sticking him in an unforgiving and austere environment. Much less even more impossible giving him hope with only the men around him for moral support. Does anyone think an 18 year old who's never known a woman's touch and thrown into that kind of environment will honestly think with a clear head when it comes down to go time the day after the night that little miss muffett got a little lonely and jumped into his fart sack to cuddle and feel safe? A ball of raging hormones will try anything to get into those pants. Haven't we all tried the unthinkable to impress a woman although it was ill advised?!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Only when the Commandant says that it's okay not to wear body armor due to the rigors of the operations and 130 degree heat in the Summer, and EVERYONE takes it as a cue to strip down to browns. lol (That actually happened for a few weeks in certain areas).

Got to get what you can when you can. Man I've never felt heat like that. I mean I can remember being across MSR Mobil from other marines during Patrols, and them being blurry from the heat coming off the asphalt And to think 2/6 came to relieve us right smack dab in the middle of the summer. No acclimation, JUST BURN! lol!

benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am in a 12B Sapper unit, my biggest concern would be the effect on unit cohesion. I won't argue that a woman can or can't do the job as well or better as any male. However, whether in theatre or just at home I think that the sexual aspect, regardless of physical appearance, is going to destroy trust and friendships. I can't say for sure because I have never had any females in my unit. We have done missions with other units with females, and it works for them. To say the least it will be interesting for the first groups of females entering all male units. It may not be that bad in 10 years when the ratio of male to female isn't 1:100.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I don't think the American public is as ready for this as many of them believe. As horrific as it is when a male servicemember is captured, tortured, burned/beheaded, etc., when it happens to a female and gets posted online, or captured female soldiers are stripped and gangraped in front of cameras, the public will not be able to stomach it. As referenced in the article from the female Marine officer, it seems that this agenda is being driven by outside forces who actually have no stake in this. With no huge numbers of women in the military clamoring for this, it's a solution to a non-existent problem.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I don't think the American public is as ready for this as many of them believe. As horrific as it is when a male servicemember is captured, tortured, burned/beheaded, etc., when it happens to a female and gets posted online, or captured female soldiers are stripped and gangraped in front of cameras, the public will not be able to stomach it. As referenced in the article from the female Marine officer, it seems that this agenda is being driven by outside forces who actually have no stake in this. With no huge numbers of women in the military clamoring for this, it's a solution to a non-existent problem.

exactly. this.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    I'd like to thank everyone for the insight. You have basically voiced my same concerns against this, and I am glad of it. I was also worried that I was going to be odd man out on this one, and that the combat veterans on here were going to throw me off a bridge for saying I had reservations against it.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    There will always be exceptions but as has already been pointed out, most women cannot "pass muster" when it comes to fitness for combat.

I see this in martial arts all the time.

There are plenty of excellent women martial artists that can execute perfect kicks and punches and spar as well as any of the men.

But if it comes down to an actual physical confrontation between two equally skilled martial artists, one male and one female, the female is going to get her ass kicked!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    The only time I really had any dealings with females in the Army was our civilian KP's in the messhall. All the units around me were either Infantry, Armor or Artillery. All the REMF's were across the post and I didn't really ever go over there.
    Don't know how they would do the barracks with women in the units now but back then it would have been a mess.
    When you saw a female in my company area it would be at night and there would be a line outside the room of the lucky guy (sometimes not so lucky and would have to go on sick call in a few days) :nono:

I always hated when I was on CQ and they did that train deal.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    doc ace I agree with everything you posted.

Thanks Charlie,

I'm absolutely not a sexist man or chauvinist in any way whatsoever either, it's just human nature to err when hormones and the pursuit of a female can lead a man blindly. I'd hate for promotions and politics in units to get skewed due to APFT standards being unequal or misconduct leading to the eneffectiveness of cohesion as was stated previously.

War is a terrible thing. It isn't glamorous. There aren't guys riding off into the sunset. It is filthy, has a certain stench, body fluids and sweat. There's a slim chance in the infantry of any sort of acceptable hygiene for men especially on the assault/defense, and just think of, once again, a woman trying to maintain her level of acceptable hygene to not pave way for infections etc.

Another sad thing is when the female soldier got cold feet prior to deployment and went out and got pregnant which happened time and time again. What do you do when your SAW gunner or grenadier says oops guys I know I've been training with you the past year but I'm knocked up by the LT, no deployment for me? Too many holes there. We never listened to any sort of excuse. You were there, regardless of your situation.

lt1rx798

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    There is also the posibility of a draft. The women who have signed up voluntarily are one side of the coin. Once women are allowed into those positions, who is to say that other women won't be forced into those positions.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Next thing you know they'll allow gay's to serve openly...
    Buddy of mine just got out of the Marine Corp infantry. His nickname was McFaggot because there was another McDonald already. It was not meant insultingly from the people he fought beside. Somehow it seems like the guys in the middle of a gun fight just didn't bother to ask whether the Marine covering them had ever sucked a dick.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    That's funny !!
    Have a friend that served in Vietnam, He had one slip in at night and easied up on him from the foot of his bunk...He cut his throat for him with a bayonet.

Buddy of mine just got out of the Marine Corp infantry. His nickname was McFaggot because there was another McDonald already. It was not meant insultingly from the people he fought beside. Somehow it seems like the guys in the middle of a gun fight just didn't bother to ask whether the Marine covering them had ever sucked a dick.

Top Bottom