Would you like to HELP a BS Member ?????? (melted gun)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I am just Jealous everyone has more likes than me. I go to some pages like Bayoushooter with 1600 likes, or Estrada Tactical with over 300 and I have my measly 58! I guess I am too competitive, I need to stay away from facebook and go work on belts/holsters!

Just so you know I have been to your page and liked it for you!! :thumbsup:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Im confused about that as well. If the replacement gun is being donated where's the money going? And just to be clear if there is any part of the gun left Glock will replace it for free.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Im confused about that as well. If the replacement gun is being donated where's the money going? And just to be clear if there is any part of the gun left Glock will replace it for free.

The gun wasn't donated, it was offered at dealer cost by jasonj5313, with him also chipping in on it. The donations will pay the rest of the cost.

Why would Glock replace it? It's not exactly a warranty issue. :dunno:

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    The gun wasn't donated, it was offered at dealer cost by jasonj5313, with him also chipping in on it. The donations will pay the rest of the cost.

I am kind of curious to that as well. If that is the case then I will buy a bunch of burned up Glock's and send them in for warranty repair.

I think I should be able to get a melted Glock for less than retail, don't you?:dunno:

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!

thats over $1600 in 'donations' not including the belt auction. how much is 'cost'?

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I'm counting just a little over $1,000. As I have said before our family is fine, there was a huge outpouring of giving and they already had another place to live. The main thing was my grandmother also losing her car, she was able to buy a decent car last week so can put to church & the grocery store.

I'm not exactly sure what the surplus is going to but I have an idea, I'm sure the very kind donators will not have an issue with how that is taken care of.

And just to be clear if there is any part of the gun left Glock will replace it for free.

You are basing that on what exactly? It isn't having FTF or stove piping, it was destroyed in a fire. Glock got made & got paid in 2002, they have no obligation to replace anything 10 years later.

We are sending it to be looked at, but I have no reason to believe they would replace the entire gun and the parts are unusable. Not sure if trollin' or hatin' or just misinformed.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008

Glock will replace it because it doesn't cost them much to do it and because they like happy customers. If you guys don't believe me call them. I have personally had a melted glock replaced by glock for the cost if the shipping.

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    The surplus money is going to a "Good Cause". Just to be as transparent as possible, I am only taking $400 of the money that was raised. (I won't say what dealer cost is, but I am confident that you guys know it is more than $400) I took care of the rest of the bill +shipping, and the $10 FFL. The gun should be arrive at LGD's FFL today.

Once the money is accounted for (mail, paypal x-fer's) a final count will be given.

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    Are you sure Jason? I thought the post office took off for the days around Easter.
    I'll give Robert a call this morning to see what time his mail usually runs so I don't miss the chance to pick it up today.

I'll post pics as soon as I get it.

USPS 2012 Postal Holidays

• Monday, January 2 – New Year's Day (observed)
    • Monday, January 16 – Martin Luther King, Jr. birthday (observed)
    • Monday, February 20 – Washington's birthday (President’s Day)
    • Monday, May 28 – Memorial Day
    • Wednesday, July 4 – Independence Day
    • Monday, September 3 – Labor Day
    • Monday, October 8 – Columbus Day
    • Monday, November 12 – Veterans’ Day (observed)
    • Thursday, November 22 – Thanksgiving Day
    • Tuesday, December 25 – Christmas Day

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom