WTB a good bullet proof vest. New pics inside!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7mmremmag

small time hero
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    well like it says i want to buy a good bullet proof vest, like a good kevlar one. hit me back with what you have, thanks

p.s. no bullet holes in it or blood stains please..lol

now have pics up on the one I have.

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Might I inquire as to why you need such a thing?

Trust me, these things are hot, uncomfortable, you cant breathe, move, or stretch in one, and on a warm day after 30 minutes you wont be able to stand your own smell.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    u looking for just the vest? or plates or what? and im sorta curious to why u want one myself?...if you plan on robbing a bank or something then its a bad idea haha

7mmremmag

small time hero
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Might I inquire as to why you need such a thing?

Trust me, these things are hot, uncomfortable, you cant breathe, move, or stretch in one, and on a warm day after 30 minutes you wont be able to stand your own smell.

ok i have one already, an army issued one to be exact. I just would like another one cause im starting to collect them thats all so keep the questions to your self please unless you have a vest to offer. thanks

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    ok i have one already, an army issued one to be exact. I just would like another one cause im starting to collect them thats all so keep the questions to your self please unless you have a vest to offer. thanks

They can ask all the questions they like. If you expect to buy one, expect the questions.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    What does it matter why he wants one? Is there something wrong with wanting one?

If people get badgered for posting wanted ads then people will stop posting wanted ads.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Generally speaking, most want ads are going to generate questions of some kind. It's inherent to the issue. However, wanting a vest or other kind of PPE garners a little more interest, especially should someone be selling one. Sure, you can go to a shop and order one, but this isn't a shop. If you are looking for a pistol, you won't get these questions. You start asking for a class III and you probably will.

1IV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    USArmor Vest

I have a coyote brown level IIIa with soft trauma plate I will sell for 170 $ + shipping I am in NOLA.

XL, capable of being XXL with the adjustment straps. It has the tuckable skirt, and is like new.

Indelibleimages@yahoo.com

1IV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    Also have a size med balistic vest

I have a size med
    FLAK VEST, PASGT, US Surplus, MED.

Not a true bullet proof vest, but it will stop most pistols and shotgun rounds.
    How do I know ? I was a marine with time on my hands, extra ammo, and a trashed vest. We shot it point blank with a 9mm and that one stoped the round.
    $60 with a new desert cammo cover.

Last edited:

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I have a size med
    FLAK VEST, PASGT, US Surplus, MED.

Not a true bullet proof vest, but it will stop most pistols and shotgun rounds.
    How do I know ? I was a marine with time on my hands, extra ammo, and a trashed vest. We shot it point blank with a 9mm and that one stoped the round.
    $60 with a new desert cammo cover.

A regular Greenbriar? They WILL NOT stop a 9mm nor a shotgun round. I'm a prior Marine, also and have spent many time wearing it and other vests. It's a frag round and nothing more. Any medium size caliber round fired at close distance will penetrate. No if and's or buts.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    possesion of a BPV by a civilian is illegal.....

No it isn't. There is only one statute on the books for body armor:

Louisiana Unlawful Use of Body Armor
    LA R.S. 14:95.3

§95.3. Unlawful use or possession of body armor

A.(1) It is unlawful for any person to possess body armor who has been convicted of any of the following:

(a) A crime of violence as defined in R.S. 14:2(B) which is a felony.

(b) Simple burglary, burglary of a pharmacy, or burglary of an inhabited dwelling.

(c) Unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling.

(d) Felony illegal use of weapons or dangerous instrumentalities.

(e) Manufacture or possession of a delayed action incendiary device.

(f) Manufacture or possession of a bomb.

(g) Any violation of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law.

(h) Any crime defined as an attempt to commit one of the offenses enumerated in Subparagraphs (a) through (g) of this Paragraph.

(i) Any law of any other state or of the United States or of any foreign government or country of a crime which, if committed in this state, would be one of the crimes enumerated in Subparagraphs (a) through (h) of this Paragraph.

(2) The prohibition in Paragraph (1) of this Subsection shall not apply to any person who is participating in a witness protection program.

B. No person shall use or wear body armor while committing any of the crimes enumerated in Subparagraphs (A)(1)(a) through (i) of this Section.

C. Whoever violates the provisions of this Section shall be fined not more than two thousand dollars or imprisoned with or without hard labor for not more than two years, or both.

D. For the purposes of this Section, "body armor" shall mean bullet resistant metal or other material intended to provide protection from weapons or bodily injury.

Added by Acts 1983, No. 286, §1; Acts 2003, No. 1140, §1.

If I'm wrong please cite where it states civilians can't own body armor.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    okay, sorry most people encounter that have one on has committed an enumerated offense. But honestly why would you want to "collect" them??? that raises many questions....

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    its an odd thing to collect. At least if you collect guns you get to shoot them. A body armor collection is one of those things you dont want to use!

1IV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    To the gent that said the Psagt vest will not stop 9mm.

Would you like to meet me at the shootersclub and bet me 100$ that my vest will not stop a 9mm? Hell, I will let you shoot it with any 9mm pistol.

1IV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    And collecting body armor is not any different than getting a good holster.

IF you plan on being prepared to fight for what is yours. .. Why would you not pick one of these up? Its like not having a life preserver on a boat. they are not expensive, and if you KNOW there will be trouble then it is there for you.
    Example: Think you heard the glass smash on your out shed?
    Gonna go check it out?
    Grab the glock with the M3 light, and slip on the vest.

1IV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    Where is fits? Im not a local.

Ok, any distance, and Where is the range?

Devil Dog... Ive won this bet before with a broke down used up Pasgt 30$ vest... My point is Yes they were designed for fragments.

Think about it. Fragments that are tungsten, moving at balistic speeds in excess of some pistol calibres.

If you really want to do this, email me. Ill take your money. and I keep the rest of the vest for pannels.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom