WTB a good bullet proof vest. New pics inside!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    With the holidays and all I wasn't around. I'm in ATL right now but should be back soon. Maybe a Honey Island meet for us northshore people should be scheduled for the weekend following the SB.

bkjeffrey

When it starts, the weak
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2007
    gulfport, ms
    body armor.

Ive got 3 new level IIII SAPI plates, and 1 like new MICH ACH helmet with an Oregon Aero BLISS kit installed, this is used but in great condition. $600 shipped to you. Items in Gulfport, MS.
    IMG_1027.jpg
    IMG_1029.jpg
    IMG_1030.jpg

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Not trying to be anyone's mom, but I can't help but administer a little admonition here, guys.

A strange thing to collect?? What is this, the DU? A huge slice of the populace would say that guns are a strange/pointless thing to collect. Body armor is a smart thing for anyone to have. If I hear a bump in the night, and I have to investigate (for whatever reason) I sure would want to slip on a vest to do it! Why would I want to "hope" I draw faster or see the perp before they see me? Why do cops have them? Because there are bad people in the world that want to hurt people. That is the same reason we have guns, and it is the same reason to have lots of other things- intermediate weapons, locks, sniper rifles, OC, spare mags, alarm systems, and, yes, BP vests. We should be glad that the other citizens of our fine State are taking their civic responsibility to be trained, armed and equipped seriously.

If you are selling someone something, and want to be sure it is not for use in a crime, fine, but why don't we lay off other gun owners for wanting things that are no more "strange" than carrying a pistol everywhere you go.

/rant

Forrest

REO
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Not trying to be anyone's mom, but I can't help but administer a little admonition here, guys.

A strange thing to collect?? What is this, the DU? A huge slice of the populace would say that guns are a strange/pointless thing to collect. Body armor is a smart thing for anyone to have. If I hear a bump in the night, and I have to investigate (for whatever reason) I sure would want to slip on a vest to do it! Why would I want to "hope" I draw faster or see the perp before they see me? Why do cops have them? Because there are bad people in the world that want to hurt people. That is the same reason we have guns, and it is the same reason to have lots of other things- intermediate weapons, locks, sniper rifles, OC, spare mags, alarm systems, and, yes, BP vests. We should be glad that the other citizens of our fine State are taking their civic responsibility to be trained, armed and equipped seriously.

If you are selling someone something, and want to be sure it is not for use in a crime, fine, but why don't we lay off other gun owners for wanting things that are no more "strange" than carrying a pistol everywhere you go.

/rant

Ditto. Just saw this thread but I was pretty surprised at the responses. Why would anyone want body armor? To be prepared for a situation in which you think you might get shot at. *coughcoughkatrinacoughcough* That's all the reason anyone needs.

I'd like to pick up some as well, but I don't have the cash yet, and the longer I wait the better the available equipment will become. They're genetically altering goats to produce spidersilk for armor and building fabric out of one-molecule-wide strands of carbon.

I hope I live to see the day everyone owns effective body armor.

7mmremmag

small time hero
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    here are a few pics of a vest I own, I have shot it with a 9mm at 5 feet away and it didnt penetrate 3 layers. I shot it with hollow point bullets. It says it a Body Armor, Fragmentation Protective Vest for ground troops.

Picture1709.jpg

Picture1710.jpg

Picture1714.jpg

Lewgee

USMC VET OIF * *
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    St Charles
    Not exactly the same test.. but I had an extra nut protector from my vest that I shot with a few rounds of 9mm and 5.56

dscf1862b.jpg

BEFORE
    dscf1863.jpg

Two 9mm rounds, one from 3 feet away and one from 15 yards away
    dscf1864d.jpg

5.56 from about 75 yards
    dscf1869d.jpg

Point blank 9mm round went through about 13 layers, 15 yards about 7!

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Shooting a flak jacket hanging from a tree is one thing. Shooting a flak jacket that is strapped around an object to give resistance behind it is another. Don't bet your life on one of those things stopping a bullet.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Lewgee, I do belive that is the same day I shot an AR for the 1st time. The 5.56 zipped right through it, as I recall.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom