WTB: Remington 552 Speedmaster

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    I am currently in the market for a Remington 552 Speedmaster .22 caliber rifle in very good to excellent condition, reliable and fully functional, accurate with no barrel crown damage, and without the comb stock if possible (I prefer the older straight stocks). It doesn't have to come with a scope as I already have one for it.

So, if anyone is looking to give an unused small game rifle a good, loving home, then this is your chance. I promise that I will take it out to play on a regular basis. Thanks.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Check out Jims in Baton rouge they had a nice one in the used gun rack

I was in there today and saw two of them including a brand new one behind the counter. The better one was missing the rear sight, the other one had some barrel crown damage, and the new one was really nice but a bit expensive. I would prefer an older one with the straight stock but I would also consider a new one if I could find one locally at a better price. I appreciate the heads up though. Thanks.

Last edited:

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Thanks for the offer Nomad, but I do have my heart set on a 552. The main reasons are that it is light and I find it similar in shouldering and feel to the 870 Wingmaster shotgun that I also hunt with.

However, the 550-1 is one damn fine rifle and I know this from experience as I grew up shooting my father's. Shot many, many rounds through it and I got to where I could shoot the gonads off a gnat at hunting distance with that gun. I do seem to remember that his had a tendency to jam now and then but we would shoot short, long, and long rifle ammo through it, whatever we could get our hands on. He still has it to this day and I will probably end up getting it from him at some point.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Good luck, inexpensive 552's are hard to find.

I'd keep the 550-1 except it puts alot of 'blow back' into a lefty's eye (Not right handed though) and I'm Cross dominant.

You checked Gunbroker, Arms America, and Auction Arms?

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    I've looked online but I'm trying to get one local if I can. I've got a possible line on one right now from a member and it's looking good so far. Appreciate the help guys.

:thumbsup:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom