WTB S&W .357 K/L frame

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    I am going to look at a 357 revolver tomorrow, an elderly friend of mine want to sell me one, he didnt remember off hand what it was but said its a "dirty harry gun", give me some ideas as to what to look for and i may get it to find it a new home, I dont really need a revolver, but am happy to help! How do I determine if its a k or l frame?

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I am going to look at a 357 revolver tomorrow, an elderly friend of mine want to sell me one, he didnt remember off hand what it was but said its a "dirty harry gun", give me some ideas as to what to look for and i may get it to find it a new home, I dont really need a revolver, but am happy to help! How do I determine if its a k or l frame?

If he means it's the same model as Dirty Harry and knows what he's talking about, it'd be a model 29. But he may just mean it looks like a Dirty Harry's gun.

If what you're saying is that you'd buy it as a middleman for me, or put me in touch with him, I'd be very interested in seeing it. I'm going to PM my phone number and you can send photos and the price he's asking when you see it.

Thanks!

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    The easiest way to tell a k from an l is to open the cylinder and see if the forcing cone is round or squared off at the bottom, or just look at the model number inside the frame where the crane rests. The round cone would be an L. Some are not notched but the majority are.

4sooth

enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I have a Smith and Wesson Model 581. This is a fixed sight .357 Magnum revolver with a four inch barrel, blue finish. I have three holsters, two speed loaders and a small amount of ammo which goes with it. Price is $375 and I will come to you or meet you somewhere close to where you live. It will be next weekend before I can meet with you though. 985-290-1620--Robert

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom