You are kidding - these guns can't shot - or can they?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 300 Win Mag

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Picayune, Mississippi
    My friend Biran gave me a call Wednesday evening and said a very close friend of his was wanting to sell a 9mm pistol. This guy bought one for him and one for his wife but she wanted even a smaller one in 380 to just put in her hand bag, so the guy decided to keep his but sell hers. He told Brian that he would sell it to him for 200.00.

Well, Brian didn't want a 9mm right now so he ask me if I wanted to buy the thing. I wasn't real sure, because I had three revolvers and one pistol made by this company through the years and they were very good shooters but have heard so much negative stuff about this brand especially on some forums and I was about to shy away from the deal. So Thursday morning I called Brian and told him to pick it up and I would meet him later pick up the pistol.

What was really cool was he did pick it up but gave it to me plus two boxes of 9mm Winchester 115gr FMJ ammo. So today, I went to the range to see if I could hit anything within reason and if so might use if for a carry.

Well hear are the results:

Target is fifteen yards away standing: The pistol holds 13 +1

97e109b9.jpg

First target fourteen rounds (had to get use to the trigger) it shot a little left and after group adjusted sights.

d08e3014.jpg

Second target fourteen rounds after adjusting sights an having a better feel for the trigger.

939c69d2.jpg

Think I will keep this one shooting factory win ammo this good.

Taurus PT 609 pro
    e48fb810.jpg

8299e4ba.jpg

ffb4d7b2.jpg

af06256f.jpg

Last edited:

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    they are not bad little pistols. I had an identical one but it was a .40 The only problem I had with mine was it was sometimes very hard to break down. Just follow the instructions completely or it is a pain in the arse.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Look on ANY gun forum and you will find Taurus haterade by the gallon.
    I have owned three (all revolvers) and have no complaints.

300 Win Mag

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Picayune, Mississippi

I am inclined to agree with you one hundred percent on this one and in light of the Taurus striker fired handguns for sure. Excellent piece for the $$. Let the snobs who have to throw their money at some foofy brand name go right ahead. I couldn't have done any better for twice the price.

300 Win Mag

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Picayune, Mississippi

I am inclined to agree with you one hundred percent on this one and especially in light of Taurus striker fired handguns. Excellent piece for the $$. Let the snobs who have to throw their money at some foofy brand name go right ahead. I couldn't have done any better for twice the price.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    One of my best buds bought a stainless Taurus 92 back in the mid to late 80s brand new and STILL shoots the crap out of it and remains tight and accurate. I have personally not known anyone to have any problems with Taurus with the exception of a PT111 Millenium Pro. Don't remember the caliber but had a number of problems and went back home...

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:really :D You mean you shoot matches with a ccw? Interesting indeed.

Production. So essentially, yes.

You got one that works. Currently. It proves little to nothing-- even less than seeing a couole dozen fail per year.

There's no revelation here; I'm sure there's Lorcins out there that can claim the same thing, in a single-case scenario and across a short period of time.

You're happy with the gun, so who are you trying to convince? We gun snobs who throw away so much money (LOL) on proven track records are happy and stuck in our ignorance.

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    they are not bad little pistols. I had an identical one but it was a .40 The only problem I had with mine was it was sometimes very hard to break down. Just follow the instructions completely or it is a pain in the arse.

Funny you should mention that. One of those ended up on a traffic stop in the violators car, and I ended up having to bring the guy to my office for questioning of something. I had planned on putting the pistol back in the guys car before heading out with him, but he asked me if I could take it with us to the office, and teach him how to break it down to clean, as he could never figure out how. So after we did what needed to be done at the office, we had like a 20 minute "safety and maintenance" class in our squad room. It was really really frickin nasty inside. He said all he had done for maintenance before(around 3 years of ownership) was squirt some wd-40 in the "holes". It looked like toothpaste inside.

300 Win Mag

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Picayune, Mississippi
    Production. So essentially, yes.

You got one that works. Currently. It proves little to nothing-- even less than seeing a couole dozen fail per year.

There's no revelation here; I'm sure there's Lorcins out there that can claim the same thing, in a single-case scenario and across a short period of time.

You're happy with the gun, so who are you trying to convince? We gun snobs who throw away so much money (LOL) on proven track records are happy and stuck in our ignorance.

Touchie aren't we :D:D:D

Last edited:

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    Neat little pistol. I had one in .45 It was accurate, and I broke it trying to take it down for cleaning.

Last edited:

CJB1911

PEW PEW PEW
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    SWLA
    This reminds of the thread of a few days ago with the guy and the range glock.

If your happy with the Taurus that's all that really matters.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mike933
    Top Bottom