You know you're on the Westbank when....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Gretna is great, I have a buddy that lives in Timberlane, and he can't say enough good things about it. Also near the Gretna court house, theres a few small places to eat, and you can walk along the river. Really nice historical looking part of town. Houses are dated, but the area is fine. Also the new Rouses has some of the best customer service around. I couldn't find a house in grenta that met my criteria, so I moved to a secluded part of New Orleans. Its Orleans parish, but is sure doesn't feel like it.
    Yeah. It's like night and day from when I lived in Algiers and Terrytown! Even in Timberlane, before we got annexed, we had a few issues. But now, between the gates and Timberlane itself being it's own GPD patrol beat, crime has gone pretty close to zero.

Too many Ferrari's running around in Gretna.
    Not as many as there used to be! :(:wtc:

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    I drive down Terry daily to my house in Stonebridge. I can't think of a business between Carol Sue and the bridge that is worth getting out of my car for unless it is to get aquarium supplies at the Exotic Fish Bowl (great people) or to eat at Poncho's. I agree that Gretna is mostly nice, but you are forced to drive through trash to get to it. I avoid Algiers at all costs. I grew up riding in Kenner riding bikes all over the place. It was almost like having a car. There is no way that my daughter will ever be allowed to ride her bike outside of the subdivision. It is sad that we, including children, are forced to keep our heads on a swivel.

As far as feeling safe at gas stations, I only tank up at the truck stop right before the Belle Chasse tunnel unless it is an emergency. The patrons are much more civilized, and I don't feel like I am buying my gas from terrorists.

Top Bottom