your favorie high capacity full size 45

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    The .45 is a really fun round to suppress. It stays subsonic so all you really hear is some action noise from the pistol then a very satisfying thud when the heavy bullet hits the target. 9mm is great when you have work to do like concealed carry or training but for pure shits and giggles I love my .45.

I'm ambivalent but lots of rounds stay subsonic. 147gr 9mm for instance.

SHOT1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Metairie
    Im very curious if anyone here has a cz97 or at least shot it, and what they thought about it. So far i have really enjoyed my cz75b a whole bunch. Its super accurate.

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    HK USP 45 Tactical is my favorite. fits my hands really well and i shoot it better than i do my 1911's. had an M&P and XD in 45acp and didn't like it.

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    I'm not at home so I can't look at it to see who makes it but I have 20 round mag for my Para P14:45 LDA. It does stick out I'm guessing 2.5-3 inches below a standard mag but it does work.

SHOT1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Metairie
    So is para about on par with glock in terms of quality and reliability? I like the way paras look, i just wasnt sure if they were quiet as trustworthy as a glock, sig or a cz for example.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    + 1 on the 21sf rtf good luck on finding one

Done been had dat.

303554_10151001129876891_2108250805_n.jpg

trigger643

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Kingwood
    The .45 is a really fun round to suppress.

When I was looking to suppress a handgun, this was a serious consideration for me. I looked for a bullet that naturally ran less than 1125fps and the .45 was a natural. No special subsonic ammo required to reap the full benefits. Other considerations were high capacity and the ability to function with the increased pressures and grime associated, while maintaining accuracy. And the gun being readily adapted for suppression.

13+1... Check
    Accurate... Check
    Reliable... Check
    Quiet... Check

DSC00106.jpg

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have the usp tactical and a Fnp tactical. I shoot the usp better... And yes they are fun to suppress... Also 158gr sub sonic 9mm sounds every bit as quiet if not more quiet as my 230gr 45. Shooting through my evo9 and osprey 45

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    So is para about on par with glock in terms of quality and reliability? I like the way paras look, i just wasnt sure if they were quiet as trustworthy as a glock, sig or a cz for example.

They are two totally different designs. Para (to the best of my knowledge, unless I missed something somewhere) only makes 1911 style steel framed firearms and I find them to be on par with any (and above most) other 1911s on the market. Glock is a polymer frame as you know so it's a totally different beast but very reliable in its own right. It all depends on what floats your boat... striker fire vs single action auto vs sa/da auto vs dao... oh what choices we have. :)

Last edited:

Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007

The only issue I have noticed with all Para's is the need to swap mag springs to Wolff. Once I did that on both they have been seamless. Now I also fine tuned them with some Wolff recoil springs as well.

SHOT1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Metairie
    That is bad to the bone....if i didnt need permits to own one, i definitely would... thats just awesome!

When I was looking to suppress a handgun, this was a serious consideration for me. I looked for a bullet that naturally ran less than 1125fps and the .45 was a natural. No special subsonic ammo required to reap the full benefits. Other considerations were high capacity and the ability to function with the increased pressures and grime associated, while maintaining accuracy. And the gun being readily adapted for suppression.

13+1... Check
    Accurate... Check
    Reliable... Check
    Quiet... Check

DSC00106.jpg

Top Bottom