Zero tolerance gone too far, again.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/student-may-be-expelled-for-firing-a-toy-gun-in-his-own-yard/

Every time I read that another kid has been suspended for eating his food in the shape of a gun or throwing an imaginary grenade it really just makes my blood boil. This one though, is by far the worst that I've seen. This kid was suspended and recomended for expulsion for shooting his airsoft gun at a target in his front yard, 70 yards away from a school bus stop. He did not bring the gun to school nor on the bus, nor did he point the gun at the bus. Watch the news clip at the bottom. Where has our country's common sense gone?

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The freaking Mrs. Kravitz next door KNEW the gun wasn't real and that the kid was playing a zombie game.

Why couldn't she have called the kid's MOM instead of 911?!

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I saw that earlier, ridiculous!
    But, the kids name is khalid, so I smell the reverends and a big lawsuit coming!

Reminds me of the time a friends kid (maybe 8 years ago) had to do the poster of 100 things. He had various shell casings on the poster in groups of 10. Parents got a call from school. I thought that was BS (remember it was a few years back).
    My brother got suspended in elementary school for bringing aspirin to school. They were his gi joe missiles! No problem with fake missles back then, but the med at school was a no no.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    The problem is these kids are accused of shooting another student who was waiting at the bus stop for the bus to get there. I agree that this puts a spotlight on the zero tolerance BS, but I don't think this will go anywhere.

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    The way I read the article was that only the principal is claiming that he shot other boys. The writer was a bit sarcastic about it. Neither he nor the original 911 caller said anything about him shooting other children. There are always more to these articles that what it seems. If in fact the kid was at a school designated bus stop and he shot another kid that did not want to be shot then appropriate action should be taken. However, I think even then recommended expulsion is excessive.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Article I read said nothing of him shooting another kid.
    I am sure they would turn me in to child protection or something. My 8 year old has 5 or so real guns of his very own. He has shot pistols, aks and a little bit if everything else.
    I need to find my pic of him and my nephew posing with aks when they were about 5!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    My six year old may or may not have shot a full-auto, tripod mounted MG42.

**flops his parenting internet-phallus on the table for measurement comparison**

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    The way I read the article was that only the principal is claiming that he shot other boys. The writer was a bit sarcastic about it. Neither he nor the original 911 caller said anything about him shooting other children. There are always more to these articles that what it seems. If in fact the kid was at a school designated bus stop and he shot another kid that did not want to be shot then appropriate action should be taken. However, I think even then recommended expulsion is excessive.

Article I read said nothing of him shooting another kid.
    I am sure they would turn me in to child protection or something. My 8 year old has 5 or so real guns of his very own. He has shot pistols, aks and a little bit if everything else.
    I need to find my pic of him and my nephew posing with aks when they were about 5!

That is why I said "ACCUSED".

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I could not imagine living next door to a busy-body Liberal Trolless like this.:thumbsdown:

Since she admitted she KNEW the kid was not an actual threat in advance, she should face a fine for abusing the 911 system, IMHO. If they were more strict about that, you probably wouldn't see quite as much of this type of crap. :mad:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Facebook post with original statement:

VBSchools

WAVY-TV is reporting this evening on the discipline of a Larkspur Middle School student for shooting a pellet gun. The reporter is portraying the claim that the incident occurred on private property as "zero tolerance gone too far." Those who want to better understand the school system’s rationale may want to read this statement, which was provided to WAVY this morning, but was not referenced on the 5 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. broadcasts. We will not answer questions about this incident or about the school system’s discipline policies on Facebook or Twitter. The protocol to follow if you do have questions is to send them to news@vbschools.com.

QE862fM.jpg

Twitter Followup:
    tGEunjx.jpg

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Start controlling them and adjusting their mindset young so that they will grow up to be good, obedient, and compliant liberals.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Thanks for passing on the followup Bosco - I was wondering what the actual reality was.

Far too often gun nut media and neocon media love to take anything related to guns and play the victim card without discussing the /truth/ of the situation.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Start controlling them and adjusting their mindset young so that they will grow up to be good, obedient, and compliant liberals.

I don't man; my buddies and I didn't start shooting each other with "real" pellet guns until we were in at least 15. We graduated to shooting at each other with 8 shot from shotguns about 17.

These kids are 13 with these fancy smancy "Airsofts". :dogkeke:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom