Zero tolerance gone too far, again.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Thanks for passing on the followup Bosco - I was wondering what the actual reality was.

Far too often gun nut media and neocon media love to take anything related to guns and play the victim card without discussing the /truth/ of the situation.

I think the school is also trying to sensationalize this.

Even if the kid is a punk and bully, statements like "This was a dangerous situation that involved the intervention of law enforcement,......." and "Thankfully no one was hurt in this latest incident..." are in themselves over-reactions.

They are being used to try and elevate the incident far above what it actually was.

Also according to the release, this punk has been disciplined six time in under 18 months.
    Sounds like the school dropped the ball a long time ago.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I don't think it's out of line at all.

I don't think it's being elevated at all - the SCHOOL aren't the ones that pushed it into national headlines. They're not the ones sensationalizing it. They didn't call police into it - the neighbor did when she called 911, and so the police probably /have/ to respond in some manner, and I imagine it was their discretion to check on the complaints and verify if it was legit.

It was severely punishable behavior, and while no one was going to lose life or limb, I don't think 'dangerous' is an inappropriate description.

I know if my son was being chased down at the bus stop by some middle schooler pelting him with a airsoft gun, I'd be /making/ it dangerous for someone.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Everyone is sensationalizing it and perhaps I should stuck with that word.
    But that is how it's done these days.
    Everyone over-reacts to everything.

It doesn't matter who called it in.
    You are overstating obvious points that I saw no need to bring up and to a point you are over-reacting to what I said.

But that too is how it is done these days.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So it sounds like another case of a kid(s) who needs a parental ass-whipping & isn't getting one. Fair enough.

I still don't want to live next door to a liberal trollette.
    happy0170.gif

Top Bottom