Followup on Todd Cheek of Tcustoms LLC in Greenwell Springs Louisiana suppressor sale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    With subsonic you should only hear the rifle action and the impact.

I took the suppressor off and shot it without ears once just to compare. The difference is without the suppressor, it rattled my eardrums. With the suppressor, it was just an extremely loud sonic crack farther away from the gun. If you wanna be a sniper without subsonic, you better have a fast getaway vehicle and only need one shot.

I have yet to hear a suppressor that's "movie" quiet.... I've heard dozens, and own a half dozen. And I shoot subsonics in all of them. Most of them sound like a nail gun with a big burst of gas. The closest to "movie" quiet was a bolt action with subsonics. Just a little PSST, and click of action.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    don't go by what the video's show. B/c in person it never sounds the same. Just like hearing exhaust clips etc for trucks and cars. It's not the same as in person. I've heard 300blk with a 762sdn6, 556 with m4-2000 and a whole plethora of pistols suppressed with subsonic loads. Don't get me wrong, it's hearing safe, but you definitely still hear gases...

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    When I first heard about this I didn't believe it was true. I have since Verified other occasions where Todd has received payment for a suppressor and did not deliver. I gave Todd a great chance to expand into a full service gunsmith shop and he stole from my customers. He took payment for tax stamps and never filed the paperwork, when asked for a refund he refused. I know of at least $600 in tax stamp money stolen, and then the cost of this suppressor and one other can be added to the pile. Also, all the equipment he "owns", the debt tied to it was washed away in a bankruptcy and he is now trying to double dip on the free machinery by selling it. If anything is true about the ATF shutting down Tcustoms for their illegal activity today, we want people to know we are willing to help.

If anyone has a firearm with Todd, Ferrara Firearms will make the transfer for free, if it needs work done we will have the best gunsmiths in Baton Rouge to take care of it at our more than reasonable rates. I hope everyone comes out of this unscathed and nobody else looses anything, if you do have something with Todd at Tcustoms I would suggest you check on it sooner rather than later.

I hate seeing this happen to people, but part of Todd's story doesn't even make sense, the Louisiana Registry was CLOSED for nearly a year during this ordeal, and from the information I can gather the can was never ordered and the money went elsewhere, I hope that is not the case.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    When I first heard about this I didn't believe it was true. I have since Verified other occasions where Todd has received payment for a suppressor and did not deliver. I gave Todd a great chance to expand into a full service gunsmith shop and he stole from my customers. He took payment for tax stamps and never filed the paperwork, when asked for a refund he refused. I know of at least $600 in tax stamp money stolen, and then the cost of this suppressor and one other can be added to the pile. Also, all the equipment he "owns", the debt tied to it was washed away in a bankruptcy and he is now trying to double dip on the free machinery by selling it. If anything is true about the ATF shutting down Tcustoms for their illegal activity today, we want people to know we are willing to help.

If anyone has a firearm with Todd, Ferrara Firearms will make the transfer for free, if it needs work done we will have the best gunsmiths in Baton Rouge to take care of it at our more than reasonable rates. I hope everyone comes out of this unscathed and nobody else looses anything, if you do have something with Todd at Tcustoms I would suggest you check on it sooner rather than later.

I hate seeing this happen to people, but part of Todd's story doesn't even make sense, the Louisiana Registry was CLOSED for nearly a year during this ordeal, and from the information I can gather the can was never ordered and the money went elsewhere, I hope that is not the case.

Todd was your friend and shooting buddy at one time. When did this activity take place?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Todd was your friend and shooting buddy at one time. When did this activity take place?

After offering a rent free space to do his gunsmith work, like I said, I didn't believe it, but since it happened I will help anyone out who is in a tight spot, I am not sure how the ATF will handle return of firearms he has in his possession, I was just told that he had one of mine that he claimed he didn't have.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    After offering a rent free space to do his gunsmith work, like I said, I didn't believe it, but since it happened I will help anyone out who is in a tight spot, I am not sure how the ATF will handle return of firearms he has in his possession, I was just told that he had one of mine that he claimed he didn't have.

I hate that these things cost some people time and money. Thanks for offering to help those in need of an FFL.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central

Say what ?

As usual, you have no idea what you're yapping about. Be careful what you accuse people of in public Nick. I'm not going to join you in the public mud pit, though part of me so wants to.

I will say, you didn't give me jack. We had a deal and you couldn't hold your end because you made other deals on the backside. You had another game plan. You yourself have money issues. I was told by more than one person that it wasn't a good idea and that in the end, you'd burn me. It was close
    I'll also tell you that before you run your mouth about me ripping anyone off, there are a LOT of things themcfarland isn't telling you so take it with a grain of salt. Outside of him, I'd have no idea what you're talking about.

As for me, yes, I did declare bankruptcy personally. Not a particularly proud moment in my life but it is what it is.
    ATF did not, is not shutting me down. I am giving up both my SOT and my 07. Time to move on to other things.

As for my equipment, I own it outright. If you knew half of what you think you know, you'd know that double dipping or whatever isn't happening, thats not how it works

Last edited by a moderator:

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    todd_zps8c4de7a0.jpg

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    so the handful of people on the forum posting that they paid you and received squat are all in some conspiracy to (further) smear your reputation? :rolleyes:

I find it hard to believe that they'd be this persistent without actually having been screwed. just a not so friendly observation.

Top Bottom