Anyone Familiar w/ the Snagmag

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SteelHorseCowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Sterlington, Louisiana
    At no point did anyone say an agency is authorizing anyone to use a knife before their other weapons. It's a last ditch item to use.

Personally, I would use my knife last, after my BUG doesn't get me the results I want.

JR1572
    That is eventually what I got around to saying. However, I do still take exception to your blanket statement that knives should always be carried on the off side simply because it's what works for you in your circumstances with your loaded duty belt. I won't ask you to retract it, I'll just stand by my assertion that "one size never fits all".

Does your duty belt give you back trouble? Mine did, and we didn't carry as much stuff as you guys do.
    This may surprise you, but when you are a little wiser you will understand two simple truths:

1. Everything the military, Marines, or your "platoon Sgt" told you is not necessarily true.

2. There is more to what makes the world go around than your experiences as a Marine.
    Working awfully hard to avoid answering the question, aren't you? A little too good to have your methods questioned by a civilian even in a non hostile environment? When the power and authority goes to your head, do you get dizzy or top heavy?

Come if you must, but only if you must. For the day you find yourself upon my step shall be the night you find peace along Jordan's edge.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    That is eventually what I got around to saying. However, I do still take exception to your blanket statement that knives should always be carried on the off side simply because it's what works for you in your circumstances with your loaded duty belt. I won't ask you to retract it, I'll just stand by my assertion that "one size never fits all".

Does your duty belt give you back trouble? Mine did, and we didn't carry as much stuff as you guys do.

Gotcha.

No, mine doesn't hurt my back anymore. However, it doesn't hurt me anymore because I dropped almost 60lbs and I don't wear it daily because I've been in plain clothes for a few years now.

JR1572

usbuilt

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I have a XDs .45 and I bought a Snagmag about two months ago. I originally carried a spare 7 round (extended) magazine in the Snagmag. I found that the magazine would sometimes come out of the holder when I was sitting or reclining on the sofa. I started carrying the standard 5 round magazine and it seems to stay in the Snagmag much better. I will say that if you lay down the mag can still come out of the holder. No problems with either magazine as long as I remain standing. Even with the stated problems I still like it. It keeps the magazine in an accessible, ready to grab position.

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    I'm no expert, but I prefer knife and gun on strong side, mag on weak side. In the event of the need to reload, I can drop the empty mag from the handgun, insert a new mag from weak side with weak hand -- without taking my hand off of the gun. That's the way we always did it when competitive shooting .. and I practice for that in a self-defense situations. (Why would you want a knife and a drawn weapon in your hand(s) at the same time? I must be missing something? To me, it's one or the other, based upon circumstance . I'm not going to defend myself with a knife as long as I have gun on my hip. YMMV.

Last edited:

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Working awfully hard to avoid answering the question, aren't you? A little too good to have your methods questioned by a civilian even in a non hostile environment? When the power and authority goes to your head, do you get dizzy or top heavy?

Come if you must, but only if you must. For the day you find yourself upon my step shall be the night you find peace along Jordan's edge.

What are you talking about?

As you have in this entire thread, you seem to make some pretty obscure assumptions.

What methods?
    What makes you think I am not a civilian also?
    What power and what authority?

SteelHorseCowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Sterlington, Louisiana
    Then by all means, discuss instead of spewing rhetorical bull ****.

I've specifically asked you a number of questions that you've very pointedly ignored and *attempted* to deflect.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Then by all means, discuss instead of spewing rhetorical bull ****.

I've specifically asked you a number of questions that you've very pointedly ignored and *attempted* to deflect.

Look again there SuperflyCowboy. What specific questions did you ask me that had anything to do with what I stated?

SteelHorseCowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Sterlington, Louisiana
    More evasion. Not surprised at this point.

Added to ignore list. I'll debate anything with anyone, until it starts getting rude, driven around in circles, and petty grade school teasing starts. We're supposed to be grown assed men and women.

I know this, I've been accused in the past of being a cop hater, and that is oh so wrong. Yeah, my time in Law Enforcement was in the Marines, which is entirely different than civilian LE, and I've always considered myself a Grunt, first and foremost. But I come from a background of a family full of cops, and most of my closest friends are currently serving LEOs or former/retired LEOs.

I posed this situation to them, in the interim before someone brought it back up after a week and a half: What would happen/would have happened to you if you ever used a knife on a suspect in the line of duty? 16 out of 16 friends and family of mine in the LE industry gave some variation of "unless it was an absolute last line of defense against losing their life, they'd be in deep **** and their department would likely be sued into oblivion." That's the only point I was trying to make, IN ADDITION TO (actually, completely secondary to) the fact that what works best for a cop on duty, packing everything except the kitchen sink on his duty belt, is NOT always THE BEST option for a civilian.

Yeah, I talk a lot. I generally talk about **** I know. This is why you don't see me participate in **** like reloading threads, hunting threads, threads about cars, and deeply technical discussions. Try to discredit me if you want, but uh... I actually stated my credentials on the matter more than once, instead of beating around bushes, evading and insinuating. Chances are, when I speak up on a subject, I actually DO know what the **** I'm talking about.

Last edited:

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    How am I evading? Do you know what that word means?

Perhaps I am just blind. Please ask the questions again and I will answer them directly.

SteelHorseCowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Sterlington, Louisiana
    You do know that you can go into your account settings on this forum and ADD that last line as a signature so people don't read your posts and think it is directed at them.

I don't know how or why you're seeing it otherwise, but that's how it's there. It's on my profile as my signature. I'll look into it, maybe change the font or color or something to make it more obvious.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I don't know how or why you're seeing it otherwise, but that's how it's there. It's on my profile as my signature. I'll look into it, maybe change the font or color or something to make it more obvious.

Is that a sig line you set up in tapatalk or BS? Look at my sig, can you see the grey line separating it from my post?

SteelHorseCowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Sterlington, Louisiana
    Yeah, it's probably because I set it up on tapatalk. I'm pulling out my desktop to correct the situation. I know how annoying it can be.
    56cb1fc415315304fabb9999c2f8a12f.jpg

SteelHorseCowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Sterlington, Louisiana
    Now you're acting like a petulant little child, about the same way the turd in chief acts.

Bypassing the ignore feature is tantamount to harassment, and has been reported as such.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom