Anyone Familiar w/ the Snagmag

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    1ebd4wsv4i7iw5uhr.jpg

Just wanted to see if anyone on here is familiar with this product. Seems like a better option than just throwing the spare mag in my pocket and having to fumble around to get to it. Mag holsters on my belt are not an option for my office environment.

6wi9770kx8smm1jg8w5.jpg

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    How will that work if you already have a flashlight and knife clipped to the top of the same pocket?

You guys must have some big pockets...

JR1572

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I've been looking at that one too. Interested to see if the clip holds tight on your pocket as you draw the magazine.

Looks like the clip is just to keep the mag close to the top of the pocket. The extruding kydex is what snags on the pocket allowing the mag to be extracted.

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    How will that work if you already have a flashlight and knife clipped to the top of the same pocket?

You guys must have some big pockets...

JR1572

Knife and light in right pocket. Mag in the left. Gun w/ surefire X300 at my 4 o'clock. Regular pockets and I have no problem.

Office wear- mag in left pocket & LCP in right. No knife or light kept on me while at office. Backup Surefire light in work bag in office should I need it walking to parking garage in NOLA.

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Knife and light in right pocket. Mag in the left. Gun w/ surefire X300 at my 4 o'clock. Regular pockets and I have no problem.

Your knife should be in your weak side pocket in the event you're trying to secure your pistol if you're being attacked.

But hey, you guys are the experts...

JR1572

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I know your pistol isn't printing but all of that crazy **** in your pockets surely will be.

:dogkeke:

- - - Updated - - -

Your knife should be in your weak side pocket in the event you're trying to secure your pistol if you're being attacked.

JR1572

Ahh great point. Just learned something Ronnie. Thanks!

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville

JR1572

I 100% agree! Still working out what works best for me. Its a work in progress! I'm no expert!

I sliced the **** out of my hand one time reaching for a mag by the folded knife I had in the same pocket. Don't ask me how b/ the blade is NOT what tore it open. Blood everywhere during one of Craig Douglas classes. So no knife and mag in same...same ever again. Monkey knows better. LOL!

How do you do it?

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I would think it would work well if you chose to use it in a back pocket to keep your knife and light in front pocket as instructed by the expert. Or wear a fixed blade on your belt and free up your pocket for it.

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I would think it would work well if you chose to use it in a back pocket to keep your knife and light in front pocket as instructed by the expert. Or wear a fixed blade on your belt and free up your pocket for it.

I dont think it will work well in the back pocket. The Snagmag is intended for front pocket use. Plus, I am looking for alternative carry for office use in business or suite attire.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I know your pistol isn't printing but all of that crazy **** in your pockets surely will be.

:dogkeke:

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh great point. Just learned something Ronnie. Thanks!

Yeah, the knife on the off side allows you to retrieve it with your off side hand and you can deploy it to get the bad guy off of your gun. Your flashlight (the one that's not attached to a gun that you can use for general lighting purposes) should be right next to it.

You're welcome pal.

JR1572

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I 100% agree! Still working out what works best for me. Its a work in progress! I'm no expert!

I sliced the **** out of my hand one time reaching for a mag by the folded knife I had in the same pocket. Don't ask me how b/ the blade is NOT what tore it open. Blood everywhere during one of Craig Douglas classes. So no knife and mag in same...same ever again. Monkey knows better. LOL!

How do you do it?

Your magazine should be on your belt.

The only time ammo goes in my pocket is if it's a speed strip for my airweight. Even then it would be in my strong side pocket because when you reload a revolver you hold the revolver in your off side hand while you use your strong side hand to complete the reload.

JR1572

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Your magazine should be on your belt.

The only time ammo goes in my pocket is if it's a speed strip for my airweight. Even then it would be in my strong side pocket because when you reload a revolver you hold the revolver in your off side hand while you use your strong side hand to complete the reload.

JR1572

Yeah, for casual wear I may do that. Can't for work.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Essentially always always always have that free dominant hand to maintain 100% positive control on your firearm...?

That's what I try to do.

Here's a mental image I need everyone to think about:

How will you defend yourself and maintain control of your firearm in the even your strong hand is completely disabled? I'm talking mangled to the point that it's useless or gone?

Lie down on the ground covering your pistol?

Reaching over with your off side hand to draw? Not everyone can do that. People who wear larger sized pants can't do it.

I'm rambling again...

JR1572

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Knife used as a firearm retention device....
    Would a tuckable IWB mag carrier be an option for your daily wear? Crossbreed has one.

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    That's what I try to do.

Here's a mental image I need everyone to think about:

How will you defend yourself and maintain control of your firearm in the even your strong hand is completely disabled? I'm talking mangled to the point that it's useless or gone?

Lie down on the ground covering your pistol?

Reaching over with your off side hand to draw? Not everyone can do that. People who wear larger sized pants can't do it.

I'm rambling again...

JR1572

Thats why I have become a training whore! Nothing like coming up with what you think is the AWESOME-EST idea on carry options only to look like a crack addicted monkey itching for a fix as you fumble thru and realize monkey needs to keep it KISS.

I ask opinions before I spend money on a piece of equipment. If it has positive reviews, I'll buy it and run it as hard as I can to try and break it.
    Its an expensive hobby! :dogkeke:

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Thats why I have become a training whore! Nothing like coming up with what you think is the AWESOME-EST idea on carry options only to look like a crack addicted monkey itching for a fix as you fumble thru and realize monkey needs to keep it KISS.

I ask opinions before I spend money on a piece of equipment. If it has positive reviews, I'll buy it and run it as hard as I can to try and break it.
    Its an expensive hobby! :dogkeke:

Where did Craig tell you to carry your knife?

JR1572

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom