After SHOT discussion: What makes your pants moist?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    So SHOT 2015 is in the books an I was wondering what you guys are looking forward to for 2015?

Here is a little list that I've compiled:

Firearms:
    Desert Tech - MDR (Micro Dynamic Rifle)- Seems like SHOT 2014 was pretty chill, but this was one of the stand out concept pieces that I can remember. Looks like we are getting closer to a production model with release late this year early next. Military Arms Chanel did a nice video late last year that can spin guys up not familiar with the MDR.

NEMO ARMS - Most guys know NEMO for their 300 win AR. We've been pretty successful with the line and they have added some offerings this year. This year they made some tweaks to their Watchman giving it a proof research barrel. They also introduced a 338 win and 7mm rifle.

GLOCK - I'm sure we've all seen the MOS pistols. With 10mm hunting becoming increasingly popular, I'm thinking now that its easier to stick a red dot on their pistols we will see more people hunting with pistols.

ADM - Everyone here knows that we are adding ADM to the family of products we already stock. They did add a 308 platform to the UIC mix that I found was interesting. With the diversification of their company from mounting solutions into rifles, one can only guess that they are doing well.

Accuracy International - Left Handed AT Rifles!!

CZ - The Scorpion EVO is going to be a pretty big deal for those dabbling in the SBR world. We are now CZ direct and our first shipment will arrive in February.

Optics:

Lecia - Their new ER5 rifle scope line. These are being made in the US (my guess is by Meopta). This will be a 5x erector range scope that will compete with the Zeiss Conquest HD5 line. 1-5, 1.5-8, 2-10, 3-15, 4-20, 5-25 will be the magnification offerings with MAP pricing between $749-1429.

Swarovski - This year they showcased their STR spotting scope. The STR is their first commercially available spotter with a ranging reticle. You can purchase either a MIL or MOA body and attach either the 25-50 WA eye piece or the 20-26 eyepiece. What I find interesting about this spotter is the ability to turn the reticle off when its not needed. Its a FFP reticle so no matter the power, the reticle maintains a 1:1 ratio.

Meopta - These guys have become a big brand for us. Their new Meopro Spotter and Binocular line are fantastic pieces. The introduction of new magnification ranges in their Meopro line are going to pick up the void left behind from Zeiss when they discontinued the original conquest line a couple years ago.

Vortex - Their new 1-6 strike eagle is going to be a big hit for guys looking for a low cost 1-x. There is also a couple new micro red dots in the Viper and Venom. The crossfire binoculars also got a refresh.

Nightforce - I'm really looking forward to the new ATACR F1 series. Digital illumination and an integrated power throw lever were added to these scopes. They are now offering a 5-25 and a 4-16 in those bad boys. They also introduced a 3-10 in their SHV line.

Suppressors:

Thunderbeast - I'm really looking forward to the new Ultralight Series. 6.5 guys did a great video with them.

Silencer Co - The introduction of the OMEGA I think was the biggest take away. The Octane K and Osprey K for those into pistol suppressors.

Accessories:

Unity Tactical - These guys have teamed up with TNVC to make a GOPRO mount for binocular NVGs. So now i have to buy a pair of Sentinals. A programmable switch which is a another collaboration between Unity Tactical and TNVC was also on display. The dual pressure switch design can be configured independently for momentary or constant on. It will come with Steiner, Insight, SureFire, etc leads. Oh and Gen 4 ATOM Slides.

I've been a fan of their scope mounting system since seeing it a SHOT 2014. Looks like they are getting closer to a production run.

If you guys aren't buying or don't know what these guys are putting out, come by the shop and check out their stuff.

So thats my little list of things that I found interesting coming out of SHOT 2015. What did you guys see that you added to your want/need list?

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I didn't get time to explore as much as I wanted to, but the notables for me were:

Sig won SHOT show for me. The MCX, MPX, and especially their suppressors were awesome. Can't wait to see that stuff on the market. Their optics on the other hand...bleh.

Surefire's new mini pistol light is really cool for its intended use, and their new keychain lights are pretty amazing. 300 lumens out of a tiny AAA light...yes please.

Magpul is killing it, all of their new products looked and felt great. AK furniture, Rem 700 stock, AR drum mag, Glock mags, all very impressive.

Eotech wouldn't confirm the existence of the new 5x magnifier that was leaked in an article a couple months ago. Pretty dissappointing, I guess we're still a long ways from seeing that.

Beyond that everything I saw ranged from meh to facepalm material.

And yes Unity makes the best stuff ever and we have a lot of cool new stuff coming out as Mr. Christopher mentioned.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    An optic ready factory option for a few bucks more that is warrantied through glock, vs having to buy a gun and then have someone else start hacking into it, or buy a separate slide for a **** ton more money? Easy choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    The firearms industry has become stagnant at a disgusting level. When the pinnacal of innovation is a Go-pro mount for nods and a few rifles covered in rails we got problems. I remember in the mid 2000s when I looked forward to seeing the new stuff unveiled at shot. Now, like most other industry associated events, it's a tacticool derp fest and beard competition combined with "industry personalities" sucking each other off and telling us all how wonderful they all are.

The state of the industry is disgusting, driven, now, not by the wars of the past 13 years, but fueled by the money made by the upper middle class suburbanites who loved their freedom just enough to put up a flag and bitch about their rights, but not sign their life away to defend it. Instead they bought all the best gear and kit so they could be tactical and cool while they played commando on the weekends while my friends and brothers fought and died.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    An optic ready factory option for a few bucks more that is warrantied through glock, vs having to buy a gun and then have someone else start hacking into it, or buy a separate slide for a **** ton more money? Easy choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am biased but it's more complex than that. For instance the MOS Guns cant mount bottom attach optics like the T1, they are only available in a few models, I suspect they will share some of the fleas the M&P CORE exhibits like loss of zero, and you can't shoot major power factor ammo. I think they are awesome but they aren't definitive by any means.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    The firearms industry has become stagnant at a disgusting level. When the pinnacal of innovation is a Go-pro mount for nods and a few rifles covered in rails we got problems.

I don't think you know enough about the Go-Pro mount project and some of the things it makes possible to bash it. Besides it's not really a firearms product. The reason the industry is stagnant is we are at the apex of the current technologies. There isn't much more you can do with rifles or pistols firing cartridge ammo. Any developments are in tiny, and often horizontal increments. Until their is an evolutionary leap in technology you won't see any new ground broke. Frankly I blame the NFA. If you are a bright youn engineer in America you have no incentive to develop new weapon tech unless the DOD is funding development. Thanks to the NFA you could build a better mouse trap and not be able to sell it anywhere but in a crowded commercial market.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I don't think you know enough about the Go-Pro mount project and some of the things it makes possible to bash it. Besides it's not really a firearms product. The reason the industry is stagnant is we are at the apex of the current technologies. There isn't much more you can do with rifles or pistols firing cartridge ammo. Any developments are in tiny, and often horizontal increments. Until their is an evolutionary leap in technology you won't see any new ground broke. Frankly I blame the NFA. If you are a bright youn engineer in America you have no incentive to develop new weapon tech unless the DOD is funding development. Thanks to the NFA you could build a better mouse trap and not be able to sell it anywhere but in a crowded commercial market.

I've benn around the industry since 1998 and you don't kniw **** about what I do or don't know. If you want to defend your product, fine, but don't assume because you asked around about me you know what I may or may not know. Not everyone in the know teaches on weekend.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I know you don't know jack **** about our through night vision recording stuff because you have never seen it. What were you doing int the firearms industry in 1998? I'm curious? I asked around about you? I don't even know your name! And there it is again. I get it your bitter that your training and blogging venture failed. I'm not going to apologize because I teach classes on the weekends. Your doing exactly what you bitch about people doing on this site, your talking trash about **** you only know second hand. Based on your bio weren't you a Marine in 1998?

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I know you don't know jack **** about our through night vision recording stuff because you have never seen it. What were you doing int the firearms industry in 1998? I'm curious? I asked around about you? I don't even know your name! And there it is again. I get it your bitter that your training and blogging venture failed. I'm not going to apologize because I teach classes on the weekends. Your doing exactly what you bitch about people doing on this site, your talking trash about **** you only know second hand. Based on your bio weren't you a Marine in 1998?

You are right, I do not know anything about your nod thing, but I do know that if that's the best the industry has to offer it has reached a level of stagnation for whatever reason. I don't care if you teach but just cause you do doesn't make you the end all be all. And yes in 98 I was on active duty. That is actually how I became involved in the firearms industry.

You took a coment about the state of the industry and for whatever reason took it personally. I don't care if it's your gear or Jesus' gear. My opinion stands. If that's the height of innovation then I'm not impressed. I watched the industry really innovate in the early years of the GWOT. Hard to imagine how we went from that to what we saw last week.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    You are right, I do not know anything about your nod thing, but I do know that if that's the best the industry has to offer it has reached a level of stagnation for whatever reason. I don't care if you teach but just cause you do doesn't make you the end all be all. And yes in 98 I was on active duty. That is actually how I became involved in the firearms industry.

You took a coment about the state of the industry and for whatever reason took it personally. I don't care if it's your gear or Jesus' gear. My opinion stands. If that's the height of innovation then I'm not impressed. I watched the industry really innovate in the early years of the GWOT. Hard to imagine how we went from that to what we saw last week.

Who said it was the height of innovation or the best the industry had to offer? Appreciate the compliment but I would hardly call it that.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    What were you doing in the industry in 1998? Can you be specific about what was innovative early in the GWOT? It wasn't that long ago you were asking us for sponsorships and now your bashing lol. I guess because we are small and local we make an easy target. I haven't met you so I don't know where the animosity comes from. We didn't claim to have cured cancer. We designed a product that will do a really cool job for thousands less than it's only competitors, a $5k product not available on the open market. Since you haven't ever seen it here is some sample footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H61cuPRF6Is

If you don't like it don't buy it. I talked to dozens of people from amateurs, to seasoned cops and soldiers, to some of the best designers in "The Industry" and they seemed to think it was pretty innovative.

Top Bottom