After SHOT discussion: What makes your pants moist?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    Nice try! :rofl:

Damn man! This is just a guess, but I suppose; "thanks for you service" aint gonna cut it for you any more.

:mamoru:
    I didn't want to say anything because I am obviously not qualified to be in the same thread as ta2d_cop, but this might be the funniest thing I have read on the internet.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    The firearms industry has become stagnant at a disgusting level. When the pinnacal of innovation is a Go-pro mount for nods and a few rifles covered in rails we got problems. I remember in the mid 2000s when I looked forward to seeing the new stuff unveiled at shot. Now, like most other industry associated events, it's a tacticool derp fest and beard competition combined with "industry personalities" sucking each other off and telling us all how wonderful they all are.

The state of the industry is disgusting, driven, now, not by the wars of the past 13 years, but fueled by the money made by the upper middle class suburbanites who loved their freedom just enough to put up a flag and bitch about their rights, but not sign their life away to defend it. Instead they bought all the best gear and kit so they could be tactical and cool while they played commando on the weekends while my friends and brothers fought and died.

I see you edited your original post to add more drama. If you total up the Civilian Money spent in the last 13 years in the firearms industry and all the Mil Money, the Mil Money would easily double it. Have you ever been to SHOT Show? SHOT Show is a consumer show. It exists so that gun retailers and outdoor retailers can come see and buy new products to stock their stores. Your bashing on it for being what it is and what it has always been.

Im not even sure whom your mad at. Sure their are tacticool guys and guys with beards and personalities. It is the same with any other group of fans of anything. At the same time I saw a lot of guys with beards who earned commendations for their service overseas, I saw "tacticool" guys wheel chair bound because of wounds they received in combat, and I saw "Industry Personalities" whom in addition to having been decorated for their heroism on battlefields, also represent the highest level of firearms training available anywhere in the world. So who are you to judge them? I'm shocked a dude so self assured and righteous is so bothered by what other dudes are wearing and doing in their own time. I guess enjoying shooting is a privilege reserved for the people who you approve of?

I have seen a strange phenomenon over the last few years; cops won't take seats in a free class, seats that other people pay $500-$1000 for because it's on a weekend or their is an LSU Game but guys with no skin in the game, who work as auto mechanics, bankers, fire fighters, and students pay up, drive for hours, miss ball games and shoot all weekend. They learn a ton ,have fun, and invest in themselves, but to a select few they are just pretending. They get way more quality trigger time than most cops yet they are the ones pretending...

I noticed you commented on your brothers and friends fighting and dying in combat. You didn't mention yourself. Did you serve in combat Post 9/11? Because from the stuff your saying your just another guy who's too cool for school. SHOT Show has lost some of it's new release muscle because nearly all the major manufacturers and small manufacturers release their products year round now. Thanks to the internet they don't have to wait for the show to get an audience.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    OK. Moving past the butthurt...

Seeing H-S get into the rimfire market with a boltgun .17hmr was exciting. And on top of it they're going to be building a rotary mag semi-auto version as well. Very nice.

Savage having a new semi-auto .17hmr under $400. Man, talk about burn through some ammo with that sucker.

The new Thunderbeast Arms Ultra cans were sweet.

Seeing Berger come out with their own ammo was a nice change. On par, price wise, with some of the other higher end ammo as well.

Gemtech's "The One" and Silencerco's "Omega".

Chris,

Thanks for posting about the new Vortex 1-6. Missed that one but something I need to check out.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I see you edited your original post to add more drama. If you total up the Civilian Money spent in the last 13 years in the firearms industry and all the Mil Money, the Mil Money would easily double it. Have you ever been to SHOT Show? SHOT Show is a consumer show. It exists so that gun retailers and outdoor retailers can come see and buy new products to stock their stores. Your bashing on it for being what it is and what it has always been.

Im not even sure whom your mad at. Sure their are tacticool guys and guys with beards and personalities. It is the same with any other group of fans of anything. At the same time I saw a lot of guys with beards who earned commendations for their service overseas, I saw "tacticool" guys wheel chair bound because of wounds they received in combat, and I saw "Industry Personalities" whom in addition to having been decorated for their heroism on battlefields, also represent the highest level of firearms training available anywhere in the world. So who are you to judge them? I'm shocked a dude so self assured and righteous is so bothered by what other dudes are wearing and doing in their own time. I guess enjoying shooting is a privilege reserved for the people who you approve of?

I have seen a strange phenomenon over the last few years; cops won't take seats in a free class, seats that other people pay $500-$1000 for because it's on a weekend or their is an LSU Game but guys with no skin in the game, who work as auto mechanics, bankers, fire fighters, and students pay up, drive for hours, miss ball games and shoot all weekend. They learn a ton ,have fun, and invest in themselves, but to a select few they are just pretending. They get way more quality trigger time than most cops yet they are the ones pretending...

I noticed you commented on your brothers and friends fighting and dying in combat. You didn't mention yourself. Did you serve in combat Post 9/11? Because from the stuff your saying your just another guy who's too cool for school. SHOT Show has lost some of it's new release muscle because nearly all the major manufacturers and small manufacturers release their products year round now. Thanks to the internet they don't have to wait for the show to get an audience.

It has changed the game on everything!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Surprisingly true :beer:

v06N8.gif

Wut? Surefire is running out of ideas, I guess.

BlueLineIPSC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Slidell

Not to thread hi-jack, but I happen to be a cop and would enjoy a list of the free classes you speak of. Hopefully the free classes come with ammo. Feel free to PM.

BlueLineIPSC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Slidell
    Was this part just being snarky? Because other than that, I think it was a legitimate query.

It was all a legit query. As an officer (with our laughable pay) it's pretty tough to be able to afford 800 round count weekends. Contrary to popular belief, our departments don't pay for unlimited ammo. I shoot as much as i can on a limited budget, but 800 round weekends aren't in the budget for me.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It was all a legit query. As an officer (with our laughable pay) it's pretty tough to be able to afford 800 round count weekends. Contrary to popular belief, our departments don't pay for unlimited ammo. I shoot as much as i can on a limited budget, but 800 round weekends aren't in the budget for me.

Understood! It sounded bitter! :dunno:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Do you want a free gun to come with the class too?! I think the fact they are offering the classes free is a pretty good deal honestly. I have a ton of respect for servicemen, veterans, and LEO but I do believe expecting free ammo is a bit much.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

IMO, quality over quantity. Buying a Pocket Pro from Chris over at Interstate Guns, was the best thing I've ever done. Effectively turns a 300 round crap shoot at steel into 100 rounds of practice.

Edit:

Also, no one said you HAD to take a class every weekend. I'm sure you could save up 800 rounds in a month or two.

Last edited:

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville

I'll donate 100 rds of 9mm to you. Least I can do for a civil servant who protects and serves. Wish I could do more but I too save for my classes and gear. Try to get out there, it's ALWAYS nice for civilians and civil servants to intermingle and exchange ideas and thoughts. Both sides get a better understanding of eachother. You also make tons of networking contacts.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'll donate 100 rds of 9mm to you. Least I can do for a civil servant who protects and serves. Wish I could do more but I too save for my classes and gear. Try to get out there, it's ALWAYS nice for civilians and civil servants to intermingle and exchange ideas and thoughts. Both sides get a better understanding of eachother. You also make tons of networking contacts.
    Awww!

Seems no matter how many times someone gets hosed on here, the charity and goodwill always finds its way back home! :kiss:

Now, enter the BS detectives! :mamoru:

Last edited:

BlueLineIPSC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Slidell
    Do you want a free gun to come with the class too?! I think the fact they are offering the classes free is a pretty good deal honestly. I have a ton of respect to servicemen, veterans, and LEO but I do believe expecting free ammo is a bit much.

No, fortunately we get the gun for free with the job. Honestly though, to think an LEO can afford a potentially $1000 weekend once a month or even once every two months is absurd. I suppose if i saved all the ammo i shoot monthly and only shot on that weekend i could manage to shoot once every 6 months. I average around 200-300 rounds a month.

I'm not asking for donations from anyone, although i do appreciate the gesture. It's just not feasible for most guys to go out and shoot these weekend classes and keep up with training regularly, unless the department provides ammo. It's really a sad state of affairs. If you feel strongly about it maybe write a letter to your local chiefs or council members.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

I know that some of Nate's classes are no ammo required. Medical classes for example. I'll send you a PM about ammo in a minute.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    No, fortunately we get the gun for free with the job. Honestly though, to think an LEO can afford a potentially $1000 weekend once a month or even once every two months is absurd. I suppose if i saved all the ammo i shoot monthly and only shot on that weekend i could manage to shoot once every 6 months. I average around 200-300 rounds a month.

I'm not asking for donations from anyone, although i do appreciate the gesture. It's just not feasible for most guys to go out and shoot these weekend classes and keep up with training regularly, unless the department provides ammo. It's really a sad state of affairs. If you feel strongly about it maybe write a letter to your local chiefs or council members.

If the class is free and you're shooting 9mm, 800 rounds should be $160.

Top Bottom