And they wonder why they can't get paid $15/hour

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Since this thread will descend into this anyway, here's a memory from way back in the '80's.

I was working on Broad and Canal in New Orleans and for lunch I decided to walk across the street to the McDonalds. Back in the day they had the original fried Mc Chicken sandwich and I must admit it was not bad. Again, back in the day.

So, as I am sitting there by myself in the restaurant I proceed to unwrap my McChicken. As I take my first bite and right across from me at an adjacent table I see a little black kid. He must have been about 4-5 years old. As I am masticating my first bite, I watch in utter horror as the kid grabs the salt shaker and starts to lick at the top like it was a lollipop. And I mean big long wet licks! He was really enjoying it. Well, needless to say; my lunch had abruptly ended.

I have NEVER been able to get that image out of my mind, and absolutely cannot go into ANY fast food restaurant or casual dining restaurant without thinking about that.

Ah, memories!

You masticated in front of a small child??? Monster!!!!!!!

I don't get why people are surprised that fast food sucks. It's the lowest common denominator. The only things I'll ever get from a fast food restaurant are coffee, black, or chicken nuggets. It's pretty hard to screw those up.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I'm sure i've licked worst when i was a single man, End of story.

Since this thread will descend into this anyway, here's a memory from way back in the '80's.

I was working on Broad and Canal in New Orleans and for lunch I decided to walk across the street to the McDonalds. Back in the day they had the original fried Mc Chicken sandwich and I must admit it was not bad. Again, back in the day.

So, as I am sitting there by myself in the restaurant I proceed to unwrap my McChicken. As I take my first bite and right across from me at an adjacent table I see a little black kid. He must have been about 4-5 years old. As I am masticating my first bite, I watch in utter horror as the kid grabs the salt shaker and starts to lick at the top like it was a lollipop. And I mean big long wet licks! He was really enjoying it. Well, needless to say; my lunch had abruptly ended.

I have NEVER been able to get that image out of my mind, and absolutely cannot go into ANY fast food restaurant or casual dining restaurant without thinking about that.

Ah, memories!

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    ...Ah, memories!

I know this is off-topic, but Emperor's post just brought back the memory of being in the old Winn-Dixie(?) grocery in Denham Springs years ago, standing in the condiments aisle, and witnessing a little old lady open a bottle of Heinz ketchup, stick her finger into it, withdraw her finger and insert same into her mouth. Apparently the ketchup didn't suit her taste because she then put the cap back on the bottle, placed the bottle back on the shelf, and walked away.

Last edited:

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    More on-topic...

$15 per hour (assume 52 40-hr weeks worked) = $31,200/yr

An E1 in the Army makes $18,378/yr

An E5 with 8 yrs service makes $35,067

(the military wage figures are I think current)

Does anyone really think a burger-flipper should make as much or more than a soldier who puts their all on the line every day?

LA Trapper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Natchitoches
    Folks had best get over this dumbing down of the American fast food worker because it ain't getting better anytime........

How it doesn't work:

1. Customer does not ask worker to go outside the lines. If adding mustard to a Big Mac Meal (#1 on the Board BTW), is not in the picture; do not attempt!

Never deviate from the MCD menu. The world comes to a stop!

Their double drive thru order system works okay, IF the person taking the order remembers to alternate lines. I have seen lines stuck for a long time. Happened to me once and I watched it happen other times. I drove up and ordered at the window. Screws their whole world up!!!!

Another thing that ticks me off is kids under the age of 25 can't make change without punching it into the cash register to tell them what to do. I stop them at the convenience store and make them count it backwards instead of just handing it to me. Freaks them out. They don't know how to get back to the larger bill to make change. This is sad. I put myself through college running a convenience store at night. I could move faster than the cash registers of the day making change instead of punching it in to be calculated.

Good point PPBart.

Last edited:

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I had Mc'D for breakfast yesterday.

It was damned good. I love egg mcmuffins, and the hash browns are the best outside of Waffle House.

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    Years ago I was riding my bike behind a Taco Bell in Lafayette and saw several empty discarded boxes that contained meat. The label on the box read "Grade F, but edible." I haven't eaten at Taco Bell since.

I also saw a picture recently of a McD hamburger that had been submerged in stomach acid for 24hrs. It did not dissolve.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    I can remember running the cash register at National Food Store back during my high school years. I could ring up groceries and give change 3 times faster than they do now with the scanner they use.
    Problem today is they really don't know how to work hard. No one taught them.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Years ago I was riding my bike behind a Taco Bell in Lafayette and saw several empty discarded boxes that contained meat. The label on the box read "Grade F, but edible." I haven't eaten at Taco Bell since.

I also saw a picture recently of a McD hamburger that had been submerged in stomach acid for 24hrs. It did not dissolve.

Bull!@#t you did. That urban legend has been around for years. There is no "Grade F".

http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/badmeat.asp

And the video you saw it was submerged for 3.5 hours, not 24, and it was just hydrochloric acid, not stomach acid which contains many other digestive agents. Not to mention mechanical action to break it down. And it dissolved plenty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NddZ5ftQb0Q

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    AMEN and AMEN!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Bull!@#t you did. That urban legend has been around for years. There is no "Grade F".

http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/badmeat.asp

And the video you saw it was submerged for 3.5 hours, not 24, and it was just hydrochloric acid, not stomach acid which contains many other digestive agents. Not to mention mechanical action to break it down. And it dissolved plenty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NddZ5ftQb0Q
    I was wondering if anyone was gonna catch that. lol

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I can remember running the cash register at National Food Store back during my high school years. I could ring up groceries and give change 3 times faster than they do now with the scanner they use.

Establishing and instilling a hearty work ethic in people today is tough. The computer age is great for many reasons, but a serious consequence is lack of critical thinking in those that are only exposed to devices that do all the thinking for them.

I suppose in the phony liberal's utopia we are going to just scour the Earth taking everybody else's money and giving it to our future working class.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell

Establishing and instilling a hearty work ethic in people today is tough. The computer age is great for many reasons, but a serious consequence is lack of critical thinking in those that are only exposed to devices that do all the thinking for them.

I suppose in the phony liberal's utopia we are going to just scour the Earth taking everybody else's money and giving it to our future working class.

Well, the upside to the scanners is an ability to manage inventory, ordering, product tracking and so on. It helps the retailers operate more efficiently, and keep better track of products and sales.

I do recall that some cashiers were far more proficient. However, I do recall having to wait on price checks more frequently as well.
    National.. Is that what became Canal Villere, or is that backwards.. I seem to recall Canal Villere being something else, other than the current Rouse's.

Anyhow..

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Well, the upside to the scanners is an ability to manage inventory, ordering, product tracking and so on. It helps the retailers operate more efficiently, and keep better track of products and sales.

I do recall that some cashiers were far more proficient. However, I do recall having to wait on price checks more frequently as well.
    National.. Is that what became Canal Villere, or is that backwards.. I seem to recall Canal Villere being something else, other than the current Rouse's.

Anyhow..

It was "The Real Superstore!"

And are you saying that the roller derby people weren't efficient? ;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom