American Guns or Red Jacket show?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nutz275

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Sunset
    Haven't seen AG, but RF wasn't a bad show when it started. RF just went to much on the drama and shyed away from just guns. That's my opinion.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Watched the AG episode tonight where they charged the guy 8k for the Mossberg .223 and the Governor which is less than 2k worth of guns. A trigger job and smoothing out a feed ramp doesnt equal another 6k. What a load of crap.

littlebob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I watch both, I also watch Top Shots on History when its on. I like anything gun related. I realize that all of this stuff is "Reality TV" and scripted. The more reality TV I watch, the more I question what on TV is real. Is NASCAR scripted? Professional sports?

jalger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Luling
    Watched the AG episode tonight where they charged the guy 8k for the Mossberg .223 and the Governor which is less than 2k worth of guns. A trigger job and smoothing out a feed ramp doesnt equal another 6k. What a load of crap.

And not to mention the reason the guys were buying those firearms were to shoot gators in south Florida....which I can tell you is completely illegal! I am originally from Florida and the use of firearms is prohibited (except for a bang stick) for taking gators. sooo.....yeah douche bags haha!

68A-25.042 Regulations Governing Statewide Alligator Trapping, Permitting, Taking and Sale,
    (d) Alligators may be taken only by the use of artificial lures or baited, wooden pegs less than two (2)
    inches in length attached to hand-held restraining lines or restraining lines attached to a vessel occupied by
    the permittee and hand-held snares, harpoons, gigs, snatch hooks, and manually operated spears, spearguns,
    crossbows and bows with projectiles attached to restraining lines. The use of baited hooks, gig-equipped bang
    sticks, or firearms for taking alligators is prohibited except that bang sticks are permitted for taking alligators
    attached to a restraining line.

Last edited:

Saker

"Send It"
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    It was 10 grand and it was a punt gun. The barrel was literally a 12 ft run of cast iron sewer pipe. I recognised it instantly when I saw it. They even had a plumber come out with a pipe threader to screw the cap on.

Copy that, I stand corrected ...... thx !
    Still ridiculous, IMHO!

cajunranger

Ghost
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    DeRidder
    Watched AG for the first time today . It seems too made up for me . Example Some guy walks in that has a Elvis Presley LT. badge and 1970's Dodge D100 truck . He trades it for a coupe nice engraved 45 cal. 1911 Colt style and a couple other guns . Just not very realistic to me, Like where's this truck been all these years ?
    Sounds like Cajun Pawn Stars

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    stephanie-hayden-400x400.jpg

Or....

american-guns-paige-400x400.jpg

Now decide

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    ill take the little girl... in about 5 years she could be trained to dress and act appropriately.. Stef's BR accent is nails on a chalk board to me...

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    ill take the little girl... in about 5 years she could be trained to dress and act appropriately..

Hilarious....and very frightening at the same time but mostly hilarious.... never the less I'm keepin my daughter away from Raceland till she's much older and can defend herself.:D

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Hilarious....and very frightening at the same time but mostly hilarious.... never the less I'm keepin my daughter away from Raceland till she's much older and can defend herself.:D

We had a saying about guys like him. "If there's grass on the field, he'll play ball."

Top Bottom