Aurora: 12 Dead, 59 injuried in Shooting @ 12AM Showing of The Dark Knight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • senseibuddy

Black Riflin' & Glock'n
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    st amant
    that stupid ass coward kills unarmed families. just one CCW might have helped make a difference.
    BTW my guns have killed no one today.

pea.shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Honestly, what I am surprised about (well not really given the bend of the media) is that just a few short days ago, some of the media was hailing a CCW permit holder as a hero for stopping armed robbers in an internet cafe, yet here, they are much stronger in suggesting that we need stricter gun laws. Ummm, where is the disconnect?

pea.shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Also, has anyone seen more information about why the mother of the suspect was saying that they had the right guy (in referencing her son)? The only article I saw seemed to suggest it was almost as if she had a premonition, but seriously, what the heck did she know that she didn't share?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    AURORA —Police say that the apartment of the suspect in an early morning theater shooting appears to be booby trapped.

Police Chief Dan Oates said the explosive devices were "pretty sophisticated."

"We could be here for days," he said.

Five buildings have been evacuated.

Jim Yacone, special agent in charge of the Denver FBI, said they were working on "how to disarm the flammable or explosive material."

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_21118947

pea.shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    i wasnt expecting a laugh in this thread but you got me sir lol

so far as the shooter goes, this guy needs to be put to death by firing squad with .22LR and a bunch of ppl who cant shoot, lets make it painful

Could not agree more. Either that or let him in a dark movie theater surrounded by our snipers in training who are instructed to randomly hit and miss, with all hits being non-life threatening. Then allow him to bleed to death.

zguinness

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Holden, LA
    When the officer comes over the radio and says "I've got a child victim. I need rescue to the back door of theater 9... NOW" it kinda rips your heart out.

LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    The LEO's did a very good job of handling the situation IMHO....I can only imagine a LEO trying to make his way INTO the Theater at the Local RAVE here in BR, while hundreds are trying to get out....there are always officers posted at the entrance outside of the Rave's here but dont think they could really do much to help in a situation like this, no way they could get into a theater with people pouring out. This is why i am not caught with out my side arm in places like this.

Dont know how many of us have actually been shot while wearing a vest but i can tell you its not like in the movies where they take 3 in the chest and it doesnt even slow them down, one round even in this guys gear would at least slowed him up and maybe saved a life, more likley then not he would have then had to think "O Shi* some one is shooting back.

This would have been a VERY difficult situation for a CCer to even attempt to deal with.....Crowd, Smoke, Panic, No clear line of fire etc.....

I know as a general rule of thumb you want to put distance between you and your attacker when you can, but this would IMHO be one of those times in order to do right and help save lives that you would want to close the distance as fast as possible to eliminate any possible collaterial damage, and hope and pray that your training and mentality was superior to his.

Cant wait to see what the Media does with this one.....

Glad I got that 8lbs of powder and 1000 projectiles a few weeks back, cuz i feel a surge of Ammo buying and price hiking coming up

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Wow! I hadn't seen this many members in one thread since the great NOLACOP locked thread episode of 2010! :D

Emperor 13f3p alto8345 Bayoupiper billy308 Boutdoors bravo3 brfd557 Brian22 craftyone CrkdLtr davidd dtd80 Gator 45/70 Hogin I_FLY_LOW kengel2 kkille1lsu Lckstcknbrrl LouisianaGuy Lowbrow MyTFAL oleheat pea.shooter Richard in LA Rooda rrosamond rssxy SimpleGreen Slider swamper thatguy tigertaylor1 Tulse Luper VeedUp wfarrell1 XD45ACP zguinness

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I've been reading comments here and elsewhere and want to make a few of my own.

100 FBI agents?
    All that will do is slow down the investigation!

There are a lot of comments on FB and here about a ccw making a difference.
    Maybe, but probably not unless that permit holder is well trained and has been in shooting situations before.
    With all the people running and trying to get out, I doubt even a SWAT team could have gotten off a shot.
    So all of you closet commandos posting about taking the shot, you would have been down on your bellies crawling for an exit.
    Just like me.
    I'm not stupid enough to engage an armored, heavily armed assailant with my LCP.

I see our President has flown back to the White House for this.
    Why?
    It's being handled by the locals along with some FBI interference.
    Answer: He's making it political.

Hey ABC!
    Good going identifying this guy as tea party.
    You are all pathetic!
    How's that retraction and apology going George?

A US Army Major a Ft. Hood goes on a killing spree and it is an "isolated incident."
    No terrorist ties, no religious implications.
    And this situation?
    The media is killing themselves to prove a conspiracy.

The REAL issue here is those people killed and wounded and their families.
    They need our prayers and their families' support.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom