Carry Pistols

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Great assessment! And the Nairobi incident is a good example. But statistically, that is very unlikely to happen in the US. Nonetheless, I am right there too; carrying this 19 and a spare mag with me EVERYWHERE I go; all day; all night; and while I sleep it is near by. If you want to know the truth, it's a pain in the ass. Too bad I know it's a damn necessity.

But I also make sure that my instant alarm is set when I am about to go to bed, and I avoid places where statistically I am more likely to encounter a predator, like; driving through suspect neighborhoods, dimly lit areas, walking distances too far for comfort, just being out in public after dark in general, etc. Like choosing to play Blackjack over all other betting games, because the odds are better.

Food for thought, less than a week after this post two guys armed with rifles and body armor attacked an art show in Dallas.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Food for thought, less than a week after this post two guys armed with rifles and body armor attacked an art show in Dallas.

Not so fast, Bucko!

This is the same art show where the Jewish organizer is a committed antagonist of the radical Islamic movement! Held at the same arena that the pro-muslim haters held their own; "I hate America and all infidels, and can assemble here in the US and do so because of the 1st Amendment, of which we muslims hope to tear down!" just a few months earlier? The same art show that was advertised as a "free speech" cartoon festival where the main focus was to poke the psycho's in the eye with a stick by purposely drawing the Arabic Mr. Fantasy?

That one?

Ms. Geller, knew good and well that she was inviting violence. She wanted to show everyone that these idiots would react violently to her function, and she was right. She expected it. The morons didn't disappoint! They planned for it by actually hiring additional security!

Hardly an example of a statistical likelihood of a violent attack on an innocent American.

If anything, we should all take away from this, a serious sense of disgust at how these scumbags will go out of their way in a small town like Garland Texas to exercise their continued insanity!

As a side note: I will say however, that the moron who is in the middle of the street in the French Quarter shooting at the other moron, is far scarier to me, than the psycho's showing up with AK's where I will ever be.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Not so fast, Bucko!

This is the same art show where the Jewish organizer is a committed antagonist of the radical Islamic movement! Held at the same arena that the pro-muslim haters held their own; "I hate America and all infidels, and can assemble here in the US and do so because of the 1st Amendment, of which we muslims hope to tear down!" just a few months earlier? The same art show that was advertised as a "free speech" cartoon festival where the main focus was to poke the psycho's in the eye with a stick by purposely drawing the Arabic Mr. Fantasy?

That one?

Ms. Geller, knew good and well that she was inviting violence. She wanted to show everyone that these idiots would react violently to her function, and she was right. She expected it. The morons didn't disappoint! They planned for it by actually hiring additional security!

Hardly an example of a statistical likelihood of a violent attack on an innocent American.

If anything, we should all take away from this, a serious sense of disgust at how these scumbags will go out of their way in a small town like Garland Texas to exercise their continued insanity!

As a side note: I will say however, that the moron who is in the middle of the street in the French Quarter shooting at the other moron, is far scarier to me, than the psycho's showing up with AK's where I will ever be.

I'm with you, but if I worked in the building next door, or walking down the street to go somewhere else, her agenda wouldn't have been my primary concern in the moment. I also doubt very seriously that those two would've lead a life of peace and harmony if the function wouldn't have taken place.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm with you, but if I worked in the building next door, or walking down the street to go somewhere else, her agenda wouldn't have been my primary concern in the moment. I also doubt very seriously that those two would've lead a life of peace and harmony if the function wouldn't have taken place.

Which begs the question of whether toting a black rifle or black pistol around is not so hard to fathom? Anymore, that is.

Think about it! We are slowly arriving at a place where just having a regular handgun on you may not be enough. Very sad state of affairs.

Wait! Is that muslim internment camps I see in my crystal ball?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Which begs the question of whether toting a black rifle or black pistol around is not so hard to fathom? Anymore, that is.

Never should have been hard to fathom. It goes back to the saying, Concealed Carry isn't meant to be comfortable. I cringe when I hear people say they carry pocket guns as their primary. Unless you are wearing spandex, everyone can carry a full size gun if you wear fitting clothing.
    I always ask, would you rather...

18 rounds of 9mm?

Keepers-6.jpg

or

7 rounds of .380?

EZTuc_2.jpg

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Which begs the question of whether toting a black rifle or black pistol around is not so hard to fathom?

Hard to fathom why anyone wouldn't. At least have something closer than sitting at home in your safe; maybe locked in your vehicle if not carried. A Side folding SBR Draco only takes up 18" or so and fits in most everyday backpacks.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Think about it! We are slowly arriving at a place where just having a regular handgun on you may not be enough. Very sad state of affairs.

Wait! Is that muslim internment camps I see in my crystal ball?

That was where I was going(carrying a fighting pistol, not Muslim interment camps).

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Never should have been hard to fathom. It goes back to the saying, Concealed Carry isn't meant to be comfortable. I cringe when I hear people say they carry pocket guns as their primary. Unless you are wearing spandex, everyone can carry a full size gun if you wear fitting clothing.
    I always ask, would you rather...

18 rounds of 9mm?

Keepers-6.jpg

or

7 rounds of .380?

EZTuc_2.jpg

I'll take the 7 rounds of .380 and not have 18rds of 9mm aimed directly at my dick. :mamoru:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Hard to fathom why anyone wouldn't. At least have something closer than sitting at home in your safe; maybe locked in your vehicle if not carried. A Side folding SBR Draco only takes up 18" or so and fits in most everyday backpacks.

I, for one; don't carry a back pack. But I did buy a blackout truck pistol. Now I may consider keeping one of my black rifles here in my office. Overkill? Absolutely! But the way I see it now, is the rifle will be here in my office, where it is just as safe as in my home; but now it's accessible to me all day! :dunno:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'll take the 7 rounds of .380 and not have 18rds of 9mm aimed directly at my dick. :mamoru:

The way that pistol is digging into Dave's belly with little room to spare, could be used in place of lap band surgery for fatties! Hell, 1 small fry and I would be stuffed! At least it would feel like it! :D

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    The way that pistol is digging into Dave's belly with little room to spare, could be used in place of lap band surgery for fatties! Hell, 1 small fry and I would be stuffed! At least it would feel like it! :D

That is carried pretty high compared to mine. Mine rides in IWB appendix at my waist line in a RM holster. Makes bending at the waist much easier. Anyway I think everyone is and should carry a full frame pistol if possible and a 19 is really close with just the right size i suppose without sacrificing capacity.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    VG, did I infer correctly, that you carry a hand held light? Any input on how you would use the light and pistol if needed?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The klarus xt-11 is a great light, mine got used daily at work and banged up pretty good, I'm incredibly tough on lights and it lasted over a year.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    VG, did I infer correctly, that you carry a hand held light? Any input on how you would use the light and pistol if needed?

I'm sure he would employ one of the six handgun flashlight techniques, unless he is feeling frisky, then he may throw in a lil flashlight neck index. Maybe if we're lucky we will see the flashlight neck index/handgun temple index double awesome combo of super coolness.

Top Bottom