I am no longer a Bass 5Pro customer !!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    The only time I buy from cabelas is if I see something nice in the library or used gun section. Other than that I buy local I don't mind paying a little more than the "big boys" because I know what it is like to be a small business and try to compete. To be equal when I want new I search using gun genie and the lowest shop that I have had good service at gets the deal. I have been to bass pro several times to look at rifles. I like there selection because they have more wooden hunting rifles which is what I like, but never have I been helped to my satisfaction. That being said, I don't have high expectations either.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    On a positive note..BP's fishing department is home to three true gentlemen.. I wish i could remember their names, they're in their 60's, who appear to love life, their job and take great pleasure in spending as much time as necessary helping you make a decision. Even when I'm asking stupid questions. :D Come to think of it ..the folks in Cabela's fishing department are always pleasant to deal with...so what is it about gun sales that creates such a foul mood?

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Jim's Firearms . Good selection .... and thats pretty much where it ends for me .

Too expensive. I like to go there look touch fondle then buy it online for cheaper. Plus the guys that work there are usually douches. Last time i was in there looking at HK P30s i knew more about it then they did. The cashier with the tattoos she is kinda hot.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    No one here is mentioning Bowies...I have bought four guns there and the staff seemed like they wanted to help us a lot. We knew what we wanted going in and all, but they were as knowledgeable as one would expect.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Too expensive. I like to go there look touch fondle then buy it online for cheaper. Plus the guys that work there are usually douches. Last time i was in there looking at HK P30s i knew more about it then they did. The cashier with the tattoos she is kinda hot.

To give credit where it's due, if the salesman hasn't drank the Kool-aid, then he won't know. I never expect a counter guy to know HK's at all.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    To give credit where it's due, if the salesman hasn't drank the Kool-aid, then he won't know. I never expect a counter guy to know HK's at all.

I would say less than 1% of gun owners know HK's. But Flamatrix runs with LSP972 so what can I say. :)

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I made a Bass Pro Manager aware of this thread at approximately 2:50 PM today.

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Yesterday I went to Cabela's and bought stuff. Today I went to Bass Pro and let the kids look at the fish. If all ten items are less expensive at your competitor and I have to get all ten items price matched, then you don't deserve my business.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I went there to look at the HKs but couldn't get waited on . Drove down to Cabela's and bought one .

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Them people were so rude to me in Bass Pro that I'll only go back in there to eat at the restaurant.
    All I did was pick up a rod and reel combo to check out. I was gonna buy it! Then I tied on a spinner bait that I was also going to buy.. Geeze. I made one cast in the little pond and I was accosted by 3 employees. And I had a current fishing license!! Buncha losers.

Wonder what they'd have done if Ida been testing a downrigger in the big tank by the elevator...

bwalke1

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    i was looking for a shotgun that BP had on sale in one of their flyers so i called the store, asked for the gun dept and no answer, kept calling off and on for the next couple of hours, no answer. so i drive to the store from port vincent and ask the guy about the shotgun and he says they have some, then i ask him why they have not been answering the phone and was told that they don't answer the phone because if you cant come in and buy something then your wasting their time, i did not buy the shotgun and have never been back to the gun department. i will go to the bar/restaurant

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Glad to see a couple of posts from people who take the time to report a problem salesperson. I'd do that before I let that one person keep me from shopping where I want to shop. Something my dad taught me years ago by example, when a salesperson is rude, I start by asking for someone else. Doing so usually lends to inquiries from other clerks or management and presents the perfect opportunity to expose the ******* and a complaint made at the time of the offense is usually more effective than five made after the fact. Why? Because your still in the store shopping, a potential buyer, one that hasn't already left discouraged, probably never to return... And if they'll probably never see you again anyway, that's just what they'll say. "Oh well, I'm not gonna bother writing this up, we'll prolly never see him again anyway." And, it's a whole lot easier for the ******* to rebuke your story if you are just phoning a manager to complain. Starting to make sense? There's more. I'm glad some folks take the time to complain in person because then maybe I won't have to be the next guy getting abused by said *******.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Wow ! I've never been to B.P Guess i see no need to go now...

However the last time i went to Cabela's i brought my halfbreed wife (Miss./La.) and my BLACK Lab jip.

We made it perhap's 85 feet inside the store when about 3 young and very nice employee's offered to take the BLACK Lab jip to the kennel were she would be pampered.

About a 1.5 hr's later and 1400 clam's poorer my halfbreed wife and i picked our now very spolied and pampered BLACK Lab jip.

Moral of the story...Frigg'n dog want's to return by all mean's and halfbreed wifey and i were treated Damn Nice ....and we did'nt whine and snivel about our trip...

lol

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Just so you know, they DO have them there or at least DID. I almost bought mine from there but I saved about 200.00 by ordering it from Gary's in Columbus, Ms and having it sent to my local FFL. Bass Pro and Cabelas are way overpriced and you cant wheel and deal with them....not to mention so many of the workers have no clue about anything they sell.....esp the guns.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom