I installed a new laser sight on my 3" Judge SS!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    There is a reason nobody chambers modern pistols in it. If you think the Judge thing is for you that's your choice but you shouldn't ignore the science and quantifiables.

Wow????? I don't know what to say to this statement! I guess the Smith & Wesson Governor nor the Taurus Judge are modern made pistols? I guess Smith and Taurus don't have a clue about science of ammo or weapons either huh???

LOL......................bobby

Last edited:

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    So your about 29 of 60 post in your thread come on Step It Up you can get to 50% I believe in you!

Thanks, I'm trying! These people's posts are the funniest I have read in a long time...FOFLOL I wonder how long I can string them along and they keep coming back for more????

....................bobby

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Wow????? I don't know what to say to this statement! I guess the Smith & Wesson Governor nor the Taurus Judge are modern made pistols? I guess Smith and Taurus don't have a clue about science of ammo or weapons either huh???

No not really. They manufacture and market firearms, mostly to a functionally ignorant market.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Almost all gun manufactures have a line marketed towards idiots. See the mossberg chainsaw as another example.

I honestly don't think you're this stupid though. It's like getting a zero on a multiple choice test. Sure someone really dumb could do it, but with enough questions the odds of getting something right are on your side.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    No not really. They manufacture and market firearms, mostly to a functionally ignorant market.

I'll chime in here: I've got a taurus judge. It's never been fired because i thought it was simply a "neat gun". I've also got a Rossi Ranch hand in .45lc. same story, "neat gun". On my nightstand is a Glock 9mm. My edc? walther P99.

guns are made for varying reasons. The judge is a "conversation gun" in my opinion. You further castrated an already poorly designed SD gun by removing its sights. Again, it's your gun. I personally think a gigantic $20.00 laser sight on a judge is a great toy in the gun safe for sake of conversation. **** it's like having an Uzi. I wouldn't use it, its just fun to have. Sometimes thats half our hobby.

to elaborate-

If I heard a bump in the night, I'd personally rather find my glock blindfolded, disassemble and clean it, then reload it before I'd snatch that ready-to-go judge off a shelf.

If I had a few buddies over making the "pistol vs shotgun" debate, id whip out the judge in a heartbeat for lols and fondling.

to each their own. please don't trust you or your family's security to that firearm. You've already listed that you own a dozen more-capable for the job.

Last edited:

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    You guys missed me huh? Just waiting for me to post again!

Stupid marketing doesn't make a weapon or ammo any inefficient? Secondly, you all bought handguns from these same companies! Now they sell to the public unaware or ignorant. Hmmmmmmm!!! Making sense now! I think I found them.

..............bobby

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    You guys missed me huh? Just waiting for me to post again!

Stupid marketing doesn't make a weapon or ammo any inefficient? Secondly, you all bought handguns from these same companies! Now they sell to the public unaware or ignorant. Hmmmmmmm!!! Making sense now! I think I found them.

..............bobby

Stupid design does. The judge is full of stupid design. The judge with the 20 dollar laser is stupid with more stupid mounted on top. I've never owned a S&W or Taurus anything. Those were mistakes I avoided.

If I was going to outfit a derp army, they would have mossberg tactical lever actions, Remington pump rifles, mossberg chainsaws, Taurus judges, and NAA backup guns.

Last edited:

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    I'll chime in here: I've got a taurus judge. It's never been fired because i thought it was simply a "neat gun". I've also got a Rossi Ranch hand in .45lc. same story, "neat gun". On my nightstand is a Glock 9mm. My edc? walther P99.

guns are made for varying reasons. The judge is a "conversation gun" in my opinion. You further castrated an already poorly designed SD gun by removing its sights. Again, it's your gun. I personally think a gigantic $20.00 laser sight on a judge is a great toy in the gun safe for sake of conversation. **** it's like having an Uzi. I wouldn't use it, its just fun to have. Sometimes thats half our hobby.

to elaborate-

If I heard a bump in the night, I'd personally rather find my glock blindfolded, disassemble and clean it, then reload it before I'd snatch that ready-to-go judge off a shelf.

If I had a few buddies over making the "pistol vs shotgun" debate, id whip out the judge in a heartbeat for lols and fondling.

to each their own. please don't trust you or your family's security to that firearm. You've already listed that you own a dozen more-capable for the job.

Thanks for the candid and honest opinion! I was just a try to see if I like it and not to turn this into a "I hate the Judge" post.

I do own a bunch more weapons and all readily available. I bought the Judge because I thought it was a neat revolver and after shooting it with all types of ammo and after patterning it at all kinds of targets. I think it's worthy of a home defense weapon. Now the laser might be in question, but all the reviews and after checking the company and at the price, it didn't hurt to try. If I find any weakness in it...it's coming off.

................bobby

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    my hang ups are

isnt the judge made for something along the lines of varmits, such as snakes and that jazz? From my understanding, that is where it excels and thats not a whole lot.

The S&W version at least take .45acp on moon clips, but theres countless .45acp's that hold way more rounds.

These guns strike me as real niche and something they make because they can sell them.

I've seen taurus's crap out way too fast be sent back and the replacement gun itself crap out on the first range trip.

Its going to take a bit of convincing to tell me that taurus isnt that bad. Rugers don't do that to that extent.

replacing the sights with what sounds like a laser made for airsoft? have you tested it? How long will that hold up to recoil?

I guess that's why that's your self defense gun and only yours.

My choice right now isn't ideal, i have a colt GCNM on stand by, its all i have self defense loads for for some reason.....since i got it as a range toy......

Havnt gotten around to getting ammo for my 9mm handguns that would allow more adequate defense. Real lazy on my part.

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    FIFY..............

Do you know the definition of TROLL??? It's a individual that trolls other people's threads and changes the subject or disrespects the person who starts the thread or post to cause conflict or belittlement! This is my thread. You CANNOT find one post on here where I have trolled another persons thread or posts! I dare you to find one?

I'm just trying to mind my own business and ask about a laser. I have answered every honest opinion with a honest opinion.

Thanks................bobby

....................bobby

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    my hang ups are

isnt the judge made for something along the lines of varmits, such as snakes and that jazz? From my understanding, that is where it excels and thats not a whole lot.

The S&W version at least take .45acp on moon clips, but theres countless .45acp's that hold way more rounds.

These guns strike me as real niche and something they make because they can sell them.

I've seen taurus's crap out way too fast be sent back and the replacement gun itself crap out on the first range trip.

Its going to take a bit of convincing to tell me that taurus isnt that bad. Rugers don't do that to that extent.

replacing the sights with what sounds like a laser made for airsoft? have you tested it? How long will that hold up to recoil?

My choice right now isn't ideal, i have a colt GCNM on stand by, its all i have self defense loads for for some reason.....since i got it as a range toy......

Havnt gotten around to getting ammo for my 9mm handguns that would allow more adequate defense. Real lazy on my part.

Yeah thats the manufacturers intended purpose. A 4-wheeler gun for snakes n such. In THAT light, it may be much more useful. Hey twin1300- check out the serbu super shorty for shits/giggles.

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    my question would be wall penetration...with a 3 yr old and an 8 month old sleeping across my house...9mm etc could risk the intruders life along with my children...so what say the experts?? sorry if off topic but it relates to the proposed inadequate penetration of the judge type weapon...

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    my hang ups are

You are correct, it can be used for varmit gun and that comes from your choice of ammo! Varmit ammo for varmits and lethal ammo for humans. For the most part the Judge was made first and it was made for home defense and car jacking defense weapon, then Smith followed suit and made theirs. You can find haters of the Judge and lovers of the Judge from the gun experts both online and gun magazines, so who do you believe? Well, I bought my own and tried it and it works exactly what the experts say that love it. So, I am going with their opinion.

I own 3 Taurus's and have not had one issue or malfunction with any of them from the auto's to revolvers.

Thanks for your opinion sir!

.................bobby

Last edited:

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    my question would be wall penetration...with a 3 yr old and an 8 month old sleeping across my house...9mm etc could risk the intruders life along with my children...so what say the experts?? sorry if off topic but it relates to the proposed inadequate penetration of the judge type weapon...

Great point sir! I like the way you think!

I just want the ammo to stick in the intruder and that my intent. Either lethal or a limp! I will take either or both! The Judge will put a barrage of ammo down range that no intruder would risk running through to risk further advancement. Intruders have been held off with less.

..............bobby

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    You are correct, from the most part the Judge was made first and it was made for home defense and car jacking defense weapon, then Smith followed suit and made theirs. You can find haters of the Judge and lovers of the Judge from the gun experts both online and gun magazines, so who do you believe? Well, I bought my own and tried it and it works exactly what the experts say that love it. So, I am going with their opinion.

I own 3 Taurus's and have not had one issue or malfunction with any of them from the auto's to revolvers.

Thanks for your opinion sir!

.................bobby

What expert carries the judge or uses it in a home defense role?

Top Bottom