Issue with No Firearm Signs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    All he can do is ask you to leave because you are not breaking the law...If he does anything else he would be in the wrong.

I think you'd be sitting on a 50/50% of leaving there in handcuffs. I'm not going to debate it any more with you, but I will say that I really hope any police officer you meet is as big of a supporter of the 2nd amendment as you and I are. I think your heart's in the right place but your interpretation is wrong.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I think you'd be sitting on a 50/50% of leaving there in handcuffs. I'm not going to debate it any more with you, but I will say that I really hope any police officer you meet is as big of a supporter of the 2nd amendment as you and I are. I think your heart's in the right place but your interpretation is wrong.

50/50 is prob about right...but the police officer would be in the wrong and that is ok with me ill have to fight it...people are in the wrong alot in this world, thats why most of us carry a gun.

RoyL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2012
    Youngsville, LA
    I think they should be allowed to post any sign they wish. I ignore most of them anyway, and certainly one like that. The CCW regs state specifically the places where you are not allowed to carry, and I doubt this store is one of them.

Last edited:

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    I think they should be allowed to post any sign they wish. I ignore most of them anyway, and certainly one like that. The CCW regs state specifically the places where you are not allowed to carry, and I doubt this store is one of them.

Seems you missed the part of the "regs" where it makes a point to state the already known legal fact that a private property owner can forbid carriage on their property.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    I believe a business owner has a right to refuse service to any one. Its his business. I may not agree with what they say, but this is supposed to be a free country.Between the government and the ACLU individuel freedom is becoming a thing of the past.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    It's still private property, but you have fewer liberties when you have a 'public invited' property such as commercial stores. There's been a lot of misspoken phrasing on either side of that discussion, causing confusion. It's not just public and private... there are varying levels depending on the occupancy type.

There is something to say about places of Public Venue.

For example a Gay Rights couple successfully sued a Photographer b/c the photographer,(Owning her own business) refused to shoot their Gay Wedding and Reception. They sued her and won.

If that is possible, which it is and did happen, then there is something to be said about Public Business Venues and how Personal Rights applies to the law.

Top Bottom