Murder or Justified Homicide??????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brpdsoldier1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So a friend of mine posted a picture of a bullet wound through her shoulder. With many questions of what happened to her since she is a good women and does not do things that would generally put her in the line of fire. After awhile her husband responded with the following:

"So early Tuesday morning I wake up around 2:30 am to use the bathroom. I hear a lot of noise that stops for a second but then continues. My wife is at the beach and my child is staying with my parents. Only other option is an intruder. By this time the noise is definantly in the house. I go to the beside table, get my pistol out of the safe, and approach the bedroom door. As I take my first step the bedroom door slings open. Without a second thought I raise my pistol and fire three shots in the direction of the door and hall way which is pitch black. Only after I hear the screams of my wife does my finger quit squeezing the trigger. When mass hysteria ensues. One single gun shot wound to the right shoulder without hitting a single thing but flesh."

Justified or not? It is his house but he fired without having a sight picture or idea of who he was firing at. Luckily, like he said, he is a terrible shot.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Holy crap...this is why "surprise" returns are not a good idea...feel bad for her, though, considering it is HER house just as much as his.

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    So a friend of mine posted a picture of a bullet wound through her shoulder. With many questions of what happened to her since she is a good women and does not do things that would generally put her in the line of fire. After awhile her husband responded with the following:

"So early Tuesday morning I wake up around 2:30 am to use the bathroom. I hear a lot of noise that stops for a second but then continues. My wife is at the beach and my child is staying with my parents. Only other option is an intruder. By this time the noise is definantly in the house. I go to the beside table, get my pistol out of the safe, and approach the bedroom door. As I take my first step the bedroom door slings open. Without a second thought I raise my pistol and fire three shots in the direction of the door and hall way which is pitch black. Only after I hear the screams of my wife does my finger quit squeezing the trigger. When mass hysteria ensues. One single gun shot wound to the right shoulder without hitting a single thing but flesh."

Justified or not? It is his house but he fired without having a sight picture or idea of who he was firing at. Luckily, like he said, he is a terrible shot.

justified.

he perceived his life was in danger and was the victim of a home invasion.

reality? thats life. he needs to sign up here. most of the people here would not have shot.

brpdsoldier1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    justified.

reality? thats life. he needs to sign up here. most of the people here would not have shot.

Who here would have taken the shot? As an LEO this would be an interesting call to be apart of.

Last edited:

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    And the reason my wife keeps a tlr2 on her bedside handgun. Working graveyard always has that possibility and I hate to wake her up. So far I've only woke up with a light and a barrel pointed at me on the couch. I advocate gun mounted lights for good purpose. Back to the op though. I believe in identification of target every time but that might be a hangup from hunting all my life.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    And the reason my wife keeps a tlr2 on her bedside handgun. Working graveyard always has that possibility and I hate to wake her up. So far I've only woke up with a light and a barrel pointed at me on the couch. I advocate gun mounted lights for good purpose. Back to the op though. I believe in identification of target every time but that might be a hangup from hunting all my life.

Please continue to do so. I don't feel like getting shot this season :P

Last edited:

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    justified.

She should have called, and he should have a light to grab with his gun and practice using both together.

I agree with both of these. ▲▲▲▲▲

This is why all my house guns will have mounted gun lights on them or a handheld light next to them!!!

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Definitely murder. Obviously he was just using that as an excuse to kill his wife so he wouldn't have to pay child support when he got his divorce.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Quick story
    I came home from a night shift and had my computer and several other things filling up both of my hands. I finally get my front door unlocked and step into a pitch black house. As I kick the door shut behind me my wife jumps out and yells "Boo!!". I dropped all my **** and start doing some back peddling as I'm drawing my gun when she yells out my name. After a good and long bit of yelling and cursing I think she learned a lesson. What agency would believe that excuse of how my wife got shot.,I would be doing life in prison. This story reminded me of it and thought I would share.

jjb518

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Gramercy, LA
    I am 100 percent about knowing what your target is before you shoot. The only draw back is that criminals dont care who they shoot. So, imo, i think it should be justified.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I agree with both of these. ▲▲▲▲▲

This is why all my house guns will have mounted gun lights on them or a handheld light next to them!!!

FLASH LIGHT! :squint:

I am the same way granted i don't have the funds atm for a weapon mounted light(will be fixing that soon). I have a stream light super tac that is right next to my pistol on my night stand...

Last edited:

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    FLASH LIGHT! :squint:

I am the same way granted i don't have the funds atm for a weapon mounted light(will be fixing that soon). I have a stream light super tac that is right next to my pistol on my night stand...

I had that same opinion for a while, waking up while wife is walking down the hall toward me with a shotgun pointed at me changed my mind in a real big hurry. I now make a point to put a light on any and everything that has a remote possibility of being grabbed in the dark. I'll work overtime and skip a couple of beers, it's amazing where you can find money for a cheap light like a tlr-3.

Top Bottom