Murder or Justified Homicide??????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    "...the bedroom door slings open...."

Justified. Even if he had a light I don't know if he would have had time to use it with the "perp" in his face out of a dark hall. Whatever the outcome would have been in court, he would still have to live with the death of a loved one for the rest of his life. Just a bad situation all around. ALWAYS call when coming home unexpectedly, IMHO. Even if it was for some surprise nookie, a phone call from the front door would have been almost as good and a lot safer.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I remember hearing something about four safety rules and following them or something. :think:

****, I don't remember. I'll just pull the trigger and see what happens.

CPL_Primeaux

AK-holic
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Lafayette ,Slidell,Abbeville
    "...the bedroom door slings open...."

Justified. Even if he had a light I don't know if he would have had time to use it with the "perp" in his face out of a dark hall. Whatever the outcome would have been in court, he would still have to live with the death of a loved one for the rest of his life. Just a bad situation all around. ALWAYS call when coming home unexpectedly, IMHO. Even if it was for some surprise nookie, a phone call from the front door would have been almost as good and a lot safer.

Yes and if you know your loved one has a weapon . YOu CALL FIRST ALWAYS . I say justified. I would have done the same thing. "The door flings open" ...If it was an intruder and he waited to ID first, he could be dead . ALWAYS CALL FIRST. Its a very easy thing to do , just call. He still has to live with shooting a loved one. Even though no one was killed its still something to live with. It is a suck situation but I dont blame him. Really you can only blame her.

brpdsoldier1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes and if you know your loved one has a weapon . YOu CALL FIRST ALWAYS . I say justified. I would have done the same thing. "The door flings open" ...If it was an intruder and he waited to ID first, he could be dead . ALWAYS CALL FIRST. Its a very easy thing to do , just call. He still has to live with shooting a loved one. Even though no one was killed its still something to live with. It is a suck situation but I dont blame him. Really you can only blame her.

Just playing devils advocate but what if the lights were off in the bedroom, he found a place to hunker down allowing himself time to identify the unknown before firing rounds into a dark hallway. Imagine if she would have had their child in her arms. A misunderstanding would have surely turned into a deceased child

Do not get me wrong I am in no way judging what he did because I have not been in this situation in my own home. I do not know the man at all but I do know the victim and I am sure he is a good guy. I could imagine the adrenaline dump he was experiencing though.

CPL_Primeaux

AK-holic
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Just playing devils advocate but what if the lights were off in the bedroom, he found a place to hunker down allowing himself time to identify the unknown before firing rounds into a dark hallway. Imagine if she would have had their child in her arms. A misunderstanding would have surely turned into a deceased child

Do not get me wrong I am in no way judging what he did because I have not been in this situation in my own home. I do not know the man at all but I do know the victim and I am sure he is a good guy. I could imagine the adrenaline dump he was experiencing though.

If he had time to that then that would be the appropriate thing to do no doubt. That goes without saying. From how I understood it, he didnt have the time to do it before the door flung open. His adrenaline was already probably off the chart, like you said. Then that door flung open....

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Who here would have taken the shot? As an LEO this would be an interesting call to be apart of.

IDK, but he must have some serious training to go from finger pointed straight out with the slide to on the bang switch in such a short period of time. The one time I cleared my apartment, my finger never even went into the trigger guard at all. Of course, I don't know what would have happened had I actually ran into someone. Maybe my finger would have instinctively gone right to the trigger, but I have a feeling that it wouldn't have until I knew who/what it was.

Of course, I could be totally off base and he may not have that discipline of "booger hook off bang switch" until ready to fire.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    1. Like others have said, ALWAYS identify BEFORE YOU SHOOT. He should get a f**king flashlight. :dunno:
    Would he have done jail time? Peanut gallery opinion only- probably not. But his wife would still be dead. Lose-Lose.

2. If you go to their house, best be damn sure to knock first. And yell that it's you. Loudly. :eek3:

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    what the hell was she doing on a beach at 2:30am while he was sleeping inside? forget the bullet wounds, this couple was doomed way before the gun went off!

brpdsoldier1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    what the hell was she doing on a beach at 2:30am while he was sleeping inside? forget the bullet wounds, this couple was doomed way before the gun went off!

The way I understand it is that she was at the beach with friends and was scheduled to stay there at least until the following morning. He obviously was not expecting her to be home at that hour. The funny thing is that he woke up to use the bathroom and heard the noise.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Poor bastard. His wife was probably coming home to give him some "the kids aren't home loving"...guess he pissed that away.

CPL_Primeaux

AK-holic
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    1. Like others have said, ALWAYS identify BEFORE YOU SHOOT. He should get a f**king flashlight. :dunno:
    Would he have done jail time? Peanut gallery opinion only- probably not. But his wife would still be dead. Lose-Lose.

2. If you go to their house, best be damn sure to knock first. And yell that it's you. Loudly. :eek3:

They will probably give him **** for that the rest of his life. HEY !! HEY !! ITS ME ,SAM hahaha

Jester

I thought it was funny...
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    New Orleans Area
    A frend of mine had his mom come for a visit.
    In the middle of the night, she goes out on the porch to smoke.
    He hears a noise, wakes up, forgets she is staying there and thinks it's an invasion.
    Shoots, hits her, and thank God didn't kill her.

I think the moral is do your level best to identify your target prior to firing.

Kris5597

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I believe this is justified. Unfortunately with the way the world is now most people have firearms and are ready in most cases of a home invasion. In this case, the man was scared that someone was in his house. If it was actually an intruder I am sure he would have been happy shooting first and asking questions later if this person was armed. Unfortunately, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time in a bad situation. Also, I would have to agree, having a flash light is definitely a must. There could have been many different ways this situation could have gone bad with a death of a loved one.

Kris

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    My stepson had gone out of town for a week or so and was due to return sometime the next morning. My wife and I hit the sack at about 10pm with the alarm set as usual. At the time, I did not keep a firearm next to the bed but in the walk-in closet which was through the master bath. About 10:30pm, having just fallen into the beginning stages of sleep, I hear the beep associated with the entry door opening and leap out of the bed, dashing to the closet. Enroute, my brain began to register that there were further beeps associated with buttons being pressed, but I now had hands on the gun, my wife had the light on in the bedroom, and I had a bead drawn through the room at the door as my stepson finally called out downstairs, having heard the thumps of my mad dash overhead. The family he had travelled with had decided to come back early but noone made a phone call. He got read the riot act, and I now always have a gun by the bed.

brpdsoldier1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I guess it is something that could happen to all of us. Being able to control your adrenaline and think clearly under stress is definantly somethig to train for. An average person thinking he is protecting him or his family probably is not thinking real clear. I hope I never have to pull the trigger but I have been in several situations where it almost happened. It is a strange feeling to come to terms with the fact that you are fixing to end a life while half squeezing the trigger.

Top Bottom