My running log, by JR1572, hijacked by AustinBR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    This afternoon in the heat I managed to run 1 mile in 7:48. That's now my current record.

I'm so pumped up about it I may run again when I get home from working this detail.

JR1572

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    This afternoon in the heat I managed to run 1 mile in 7:48. That's now my current record.

I'm so pumped up about it I may run again when I get home from working this detail.

JR1572
    Congrats.
    Now that the state track meet is done...I'm gonna have to make some time to start doing a "little" training. Not to race though...I won't be hitting my mile PR from 2003, lol.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    well I ran today just to gauge where I'm at, I haven't run for time/distance in a long while so figured it'd be fun to post something current to the thread.

I hit my mile at 9:12 and my 1.5 at 14:31. first time I've tried running for time in a while, combined with doing legs on mondays = im happy with this as a "starting point". my summer project: a sub 7 mile and a sub 16 2mi- aiming for July 4th.

I'm not sure, but I imagine the BBQ will taste better. Going to test the theory :)

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    well I ran today just to gauge where I'm at, I haven't run for time/distance in a long while so figured it'd be fun to post something current to the thread.

I hit my mile at 9:12 and my 1.5 at 14:31. first time I've tried running for time in a while, combined with doing legs on mondays = im happy with this as a "starting point". my summer project: a sub 7 mile and a sub 16 2mi- aiming for July 4th.

I'm not sure, but I imagine the BBQ will taste better. Going to test the theory :)

Good job.

I did 12:27 yesterday and 12:49 today for my 1.5 mile times.

JR1572

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

That is also on my list of pre July 4th projects. Go us!

I also started going heavy weights again yesterday and am even taking creatine again. I just hope it doesn't interfere with my goal of getting abs by July 8th though. We shall see.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

providince

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Where are you located? There are some great running groups lead by some people with serious knowledge and can help you get much faster and make it a fun time here too. I run in Baton Rouge with Varsity Sports. They have a calendar with all of their listed workouts for the week. You can either do them on your own or with the group. List night was hill repeats with 220 m uphill sprint followed by 440 recovery. Throw in a mile warm up and cool down with 5 sets of sprints in between, you will sleep very well. :) Most of the major Louisiana cities have running groups and I would be happy to point you in the right direction. Just like guns, it is an addiction. I did the Dopey challenge this year so you will be surprised what your body can be capable of.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    A bayoushooter running group would be pretty awesome.

not into distance running personally, but I hear those running groups are good fun

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    A bayoushooter running group would be pretty awesome.

not into distance running personally, but I hear those running groups are good fun

Or even better...a bayoushooter mt biking group!

As for running groups, I went to highschool near varsity sports and have run with a bunch of the guys from there. I don't really enjoy distance running though so I try to stray away from said groups nowadays :)

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    My running log, by JR1572

Or even better...a bayoushooter mt biking group!

As for running groups, I went to highschool near varsity sports and have run with a bunch of the guys from there. I don't really enjoy distance running though so I try to stray away from said groups nowadays :)

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

I like running by myself. I enjoy that small slice of "me" time I get while doing it.

JR1572

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    i cant run withOUT music. no idea how people do it.
    I like the time to think...but I also enjoy just going fast to some nice loud music. I listen to the same stuff JR does it seems too haha. I will throw in some Three Days Grace and Eminem though just for fun too!

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I like the time to think...but I also enjoy just going fast to some nice loud music. I listen to the same stuff JR does it seems too haha. I will throw in some Three Days Grace and Eminem though just for fun too!

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

I've been listening to Ministry's first album With Sympathy during my runs.

JR1572

Top Bottom