Questions for LSP CHP Division

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    7. They are aware of people like MEM and his crew who are planning outings with the specific intent of goading and recording LEO.

I'm disappointed.

Since when did obeying the law, become goading? Can law abiding citizens not get together for lunch anymore? Did not the Supreme Court rule that obeying the law/expressing a right CANNOT be a crime in and of itself?

Who falls under the category of, "Our Side"?

EDIT: No way I'm going to have the time to stick around and debate on a forum, so I'll just keep it simple.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    If they are dual permitted, there has to be a physical difference in the bar area, like it being raised and/ or have a half wall around it. Most restuarants have their bar set-up this way. An example of pone that does not would be the way most hooters are designed. You would still be OK there, but that place is probabkly not dual permitted.

NolaCop,
    Good I think we are going to R&O next week so if I'm carrying you won't bust me?

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm disappointed.

Since when did obeying the law, become goading? Can law abiding citizens not get together for lunch anymore? Did not the Supreme Court rule that obeying the law/expressing a right CANNOT be a crime in and of itself?

EDIT: No way I'm going to have the time to stick around and debate on a forum, so I'll just keep it simple.

Obviously not you:rolleyes:

I mean he is on the side of CHP holders. Being a government employee, he is actually working towARD OUR CAUSE, NOT AGAINST IT.

MEM and his crew go out and intentionally create situations to interact with the police, tantamount to entrapment. If they would be open carrying with no intent to "catch" the police and get a check, they would not be the asshats that they are.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Who are what is MEM?

Just a simple guy exercising his rights. :rolleyes:

He is the open carry version of the fat baby momma who has a habit of slipping in Wal-mart on a mysteriously invisible and dry liquid and settles out of court.

He is a big open carry proponent who was, by most accounts, wrongly arrested in Gonzales for a charge associated with his open carrying of a weapon in the Mall of Louisiana.

he sued and got a few thousand and bought a motorcycle with it. Kinda a local folk hero for the open carry people.

Now he and his kronies(open carry dot org) have orgfanized outings where they all open carry. That in and of itself is perfectly fine and legal, but then they all outfit them selves with digital voice recorders and go into locations like Wal-mart that have a history of being opposed to open carry in their places to see if they will get approached and or interact with leo. Then they attempt to create situations where they can catch leo saying something potentially incriminating in order to suer and get a used BMW so you can carry a revolver in a cross draw holster.

Open carry, while not tactically or socially advantageous is not a crime or wrong. These people are just attention seekers. The fact that they openly post on their website that they are trying to "catch" law enforcement is creating a dangerous suituation fr themselves and the general public.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm disappointed.

And BTW, you can keep your ****-starting double posting crap over on the opencarry site. We do not need it or want it here.

from OPENCARRY
    Dustin wrote: "I replied. I shouldn't have, I know better, but just couldn't resist.

Plus he is a fellow Devil Dog so I had to call him out.
    "

Your right, you shouldn't have, becasue you do not know what you are talking about Leatherneck.

All the quote that the OP trouble maker posted referred to was the fact that LSP was aware of the"MEM incident"

Actually, LSP plans to educate LEO and CHP instuctors as to the rights of people to OC in order to avoid incidents like MEM's.

maybe not such bad government JBT's after all. But I guess you do not want to hear that.

I have no problem with OC from a rights perspective. I simply think it is tactical suicide. Furthermore, just because you have a right to do something, does not mean it is always a good idea.

As far as the term "crew" that was simply referring to those who share the general consensus of MEM's views. it was not a shot at anyone.

i have seen posts on here that allude to the participants having the intent to "goad" LEO or create situatoions knowing LEO would be called in order to video/ audio tape. I agree that if they do nothing wrong, they have nothing to fear. I just do not see the reason to tie up resources and create drama when no need exists,. It only proglumates that perception that OC peopl are attention whores.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    MEM and his crew go out and intentionally create situations to interact with the police, tantamount to entrapment. If they would be open carrying with no intent to "catch" the police and get a check, they would not be the asshats that they are.

Just a simple guy exercising his rights. :rolleyes:

He is the open carry version of the fat baby momma who has a habit of slipping in Wal-mart on a mysteriously invisible and dry liquid and settles out of court.

He is a big open carry proponent who was, by most accounts, wrongly arrested in Gonzales for a charge associated with his open carrying of a weapon in the Mall of Louisiana.

he sued and got a few thousand and bought a motorcycle with it. Kinda a local folk hero for the open carry people.

Now he and his kronies(open carry dot org) have orgfanized outings where they all open carry. That in and of itself is perfectly fine and legal, but then they all outfit them selves with digital voice recorders and go into locations like Wal-mart that have a history of being opposed to open carry in their places to see if they will get approached and or interact with leo. Then they attempt to create situations where they can catch leo saying something potentially incriminating in order to suer and get a used BMW so you can carry a revolver in a cross draw holster.

Open carry, while not tactically or socially advantageous is not a crime or wrong. These people are just attention seekers. The fact that they openly post on their website that they are trying to "catch" law enforcement is creating a dangerous suituation fr themselves and the general public.

I can't believe you would intentionally lead the readers here at Bayou Shooters astray like that.

Getting together at a restaurant to fellowship over a meal, hardly constitutes to the babble you mention above.

Walmart ? Trying to find LEO's to interact with ? C'mon !

That's Pathetic.

Eitherway by your defintion of things no one should ever publicly speak their opinion. There's goes freedom of speech. Same concept right ? Maybe they should protest in their living rooms. :rolleyes:

Here's the pictures from last meet up anyway; it was at

Lea's Diner.

Who was CALLED before the meet. They were openly supportive and welcomed them.

OCMeetLeas2.jpg

XD-GEM, mark edward marchiafava, jnmtwo, Jimmy Dean

OCMeetLeas1.jpg

Relaxing after lunch.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I can't believe you would intentionally lead the readers here at Bayou Shooters astray like that.

Getting together at a restaurant to fellowship over a meal, hardly constitutes to the babble you mention above.

That's Pathetic.

Walmart ? Trying to find LEO's to interact with ? C'mon !

By your defintion of things no one should ever publicly protest. There's goes freedom of speech. Same concept right ? Maybe they should protest in their living rooms. :rolleyes:

Here's the pictures from last meet up anyway; it was at

Bayoushooter readers are a lot more intelligent than you think. Trust me. I have not lead anyone anywear. All they have to do is read the forum and see that while MOST of your outings have perfectly good intentions, there is some ttalk amoung members about interacting with LEO.

You son, are not nearly smart enough to try and twist my words around, so stop before you get in to deep. I never said anything about not protesting or freedom of speech, or any other asanine misrepresentation thereof. I simply said that your tactics suck.

Furthermore, by your own comparison of open carrying as prrotest, you prove that your intent was not to simply enjoy a meal and exercise your rights, it was to make a political statement.

Lie #1.

If you want to continue this, take it out of my thread. This thread is for questions people would like answered in regards to CHP permits. I have no problem letting you rn your mouth, just not in this thread polease.

HOLY ****. You actuially try to prove a point by posting a picture with JIMMYDEAN as a supporter. Hang it up kid. your done now. ;)

I also like how when they post Mark's name, they post all three names like a serial killer. LOL. I am sure he is a good guy, but some of these yahoos treat him like some klind of god or folk hero. You and Yale can go back and post that on OC.org. :rolleyes:

End of discussion here.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    MEM has a crew? Where are they planning on doing these outings? School zones? Gov buildings? I'd love to see the news stories on those.

you can keep your **** starting in your little forum over there also. You started this. That is the problem with most OC people, most are more interested in proving a point or makeing a statement instead of truly freely exercising their rights.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Brannon, you mad? :p

LOL. Just don't like **** starters.

It's all clear now. Might b e getting sued for slander now though:rolleyes:

No motorcycle from me. Too poor.

Nawww. I understand thir views, just did not realize the "crew" over at OC.org hated BS so much. I hadn't been there in a while.

I wish they would do a "dining experience" here in New Orleans. Seriously, I would love for them to put theirs dicks on the block. As much as I disagree with SOME of their tactics, I definitel support their rights and feel that the non-JIMMYDEAN type outings they have probably do a little good for us all. I am just not willing to risk that tactical misstep.

To each their own.:D

Sasquatch

Lurking
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I sense a BS.com/OC.org rumble at Cracker Barrel in the future. They remind me of some welfare babies looking for any way to get a check for their "motorcycle".

Top Bottom