Shreveport! Damn Yankee ARRIVED!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    I have finally arrived to LA just in time for the 100+ heat. What great weather for an outside plant technican. My garage is running a pool to see when I hightail it back to IL.

Shreveport is pretty cool and the people have been good to me so no complaints. I just hope it doesn't change after hgwy 49 gets finished and things get crowded.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Welcome to NWLA. Don't fret the 100º, in a few weeks the highs will only be 95. You will start looking around for long sleeved shirts.

A5Mag12

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    La-Tx
    Coonie,

If you are still looking for a family place you owe it to yourself and family to look around the Elysian Fields area of East Tx. Great schools and good country living all closer to many things in Shreveport than most of Bossier is.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Coonie,

If you are still looking for a family place you owe it to yourself and family to look around the Elysian Fields area of East Tx. Great schools and good country living all closer to many things in Shreveport than most of Bossier is.

I used to live there and liked it well enough.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    Awesome! Thanks for the info, I'll check it out this weekend on my first day off in a long time.
    Coonie,

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    First off, welcome to the south. But I have to ask, how are you liking the 'cold front' we had this weekend? +1 on the Podnuh's.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Nickname for the Phone co. Ameritech,SBC & AT&T. Did it for years, and as of yet, I haven't found one tech who could answer the question "Why run backwards you varmint?"

It's a phrase the oldtimers used.

I learned "While Running Backwards You'll Vomit"
    Colors for tip: white, red, black, yellow, violet

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    Correct! It's never purple and gray, it's violet and slate.
    But the ring side is the answer to the question "Because of great big snakes." blue, orange, green, brown, slate. It's just easier for me to remember.

I learned "While Running Backwards You'll Vomit"
    Colors for tip: white, red, black, yellow, violet

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    So, I've been here for almost 3 months and have found my choice of State is good but city was a little wanting. Shreveport, even in the worst areas, is nothing compared to the semi dangerous areas of Chicago. I feel safe working in any part of town, before 1:30P when most zombies usually wake up. Southern folks are welcoming, friendly and respectful; unlike people in the north. I just flew home this weekend and the 20somethings in the airport were talking about "Southern Hospitality." one minute and pushing their way in front of a single mother with three children the next. The good thing was they were flying north so they'll fit right in.

As far as BBQ goes, I took a quick drive to TX to see how long it would take to get to Waskom, stopped at Jim's BBQ and had the sliced brisket and it was gooood!

I found a decent apt right by LSUS and take Claude Fant to the work center and it takes all of 12-15mins from door to door.

There's a park right off of Bert Kounts that allows fishing, and since I just changed my DL, I'm going to get a fishing license and give it a try. When it comes to fishing, the people I work with are friendly but when you ask them about fishing around here, they send you everywhere around the state but here. They keep their secret spots tight and the best answer I got from one guy from West Monroe was, " I won't lie to you, I'll tell you the best place to catch fish..................In the water."

As far as shooting and shopping, I'm minutes away from Clark Custom, but their open M-F 8A-4P and I work M-F 7:30P-4:30P. First weekday off I get I'll be heading there.

I usually have an open schedule after work, so if anybody wants to hang out or a hand with yardwork(Yes, I'm that bored.) let me know.

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Shooters USA in Bossier has an indoor range. No air conditioning, but this time of year is pleasant in there. Give them a call before you go to make sure these hours are still correct. I see that their website is now defunct so it may have changed hands or something.

Directions

Address: 357 Magnum Dr, Bossier City, LA 71111
    Phone:(318) 747-5811
    Hours:
    Monday10:00 am – 8:00 pm
    Tuesday10:00 am – 8:00 pm
    Wednesday10:00 am – 8:00 pm
    Thursday10:00 am – 8:00 pm
    Friday10:00 am – 8:00 pm
    Saturday10:00 am – 8:00 pm
    SundayClosed

225todd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    There's always the range at Bodcau on the weekends. Its open Fri-Sun. Let me know if you want to head out there sometime. I work every other weekend. I was just out there last weekend and surprisingly they had a few open lanes. Very unusual right before hunting season!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Jims is great.
    Still looking for hospitality, myself, although I found plenty in south, la.
    We probably live in the same complex. It's quiet and cheap.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    As far as shooting and shopping, I'm minutes away from Clark Custom, but their open M-F 8A-4P and I work M-F 7:30P-4:30P. First weekday off I get I'll be heading there.

I usually have an open schedule after work, so if anybody wants to hang out or a hand with yardwork(Yes, I'm that bored.) let me know.

My grandfather is a member of that range and I did all my childhood shooting there.

Top Bottom