Shreveport! Damn Yankee ARRIVED!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A5Mag12

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    La-Tx
    As far as BBQ goes, I took a quick drive to TX to see how long it would take to get to Waskom, stopped at Jim's BBQ and had the sliced brisket and it was gooood!

Really? I took 2 bites from one of their sliced brisket sandwiches and fed the rest to the dog's. Sadly the 2 best places for those sandwiches in Shreveport are no longer. Right now the best sliced brisket in the ark-la-tex area is Riverport BBQ in Jefferson. Tx. they are closed on Mondays. Well worth the drive just for the food but the town also has lot's of interesting places to shop or just look around.

As far as fishing goes. You really need a boat. Every lake in the area has good fishing of some type.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Really? I took 2 bites from one of their sliced brisket sandwiches and fed the rest to the dog's. Sadly the 2 best places for those sandwiches in Shreveport are no longer. Right now the best sliced brisket in the ark-la-tex area is Riverport BBQ in Jefferson. Tx. they are closed on Mondays. Well worth the drive just for the food but the town also has lot's of interesting places to shop or just look around.

As far as fishing goes. You really need a boat. Every lake in the area has good fishing of some type.

I preferred Caddo.
    Never had a problem with Jim's BBQ, but I ate there at work and when you do manual labor, damn near any food that isn't spoiled and can be eaten in air-conditioning tastes good.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    My grandfather is a member of that range and I did all my childhood shooting there.
    It's a nice range. My Dad has been trying to re-join for years. They are just really bad at calling him back to set up an appointment. Anyway, I'd look into Long Range Alley, although I've heard they can be really spotty, as well. Personally, I have not renewed any memberships or looked for any. I might at some point.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    It's a nice range. My Dad has been trying to re-join for years. They are just really bad at calling him back to set up an appointment. Anyway, I'd look into Long Range Alley, although I've heard they can be really spotty, as well. Personally, I have not renewed any memberships or looked for any. I might at some point.

Is LRA really expensive? I mentioned it to my grandfather last time I was in town and he practically scoffed at the idea of going there.

I don't even have a good to shoot 1k yards with but I still want to go check it out.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    Either you went there on a bad day, or I was there on a good day.......or maybe I didn't have much to compare them to. But I really liked it, the beef was tender and the sauce was just right, tangy. Even the BBQ beans had a bunch of beef in it. I'd use it as a bechmark and try everything else from there on. And I'll keep that Riverport in mind.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    You Bet! you'd be one of the first people I'd call.

We should try to get a weekend group together for some trigger-time, eats and BS.

Whadd'ya say guys?

I'm always looking for a reason to hit the range. Gimme a holler when ya want to go to Shooters USA or Bodcau!

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    You Bet! you'd be one of the first people I'd call.

We should try to get a weekend group together for some trigger-time, eats and BS.

Whadd'ya say guys?

You talking about good BBQ? I might head a little west to do some pistol shooting and BBQ eating.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom