The Circus, come one, come all! Main attraction- Talking Jackasses! (Pun intended)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    Not an advocate of open carry, but will reconsider this Saturday.

Obviously, walking into a mall with a rifle and a ski mask is not a smart idea on a side note, even though it is legal.

Actually, unless your participating in one the listed exceptions, wearing a ski mask and carrying an AR in the mall is not legal, at all.

Here:

LOUISIANA

Louisiana RS 14:313

§313. Masks or hoods, wearing in public places prohibited; penalty; exceptions; permit to conduct Mardi Gras festivities, how obtained; wearing of hoods, masks, or disguises or giving of candy or other gifts by sex offenders

A. No person shall use or wear in any public place of any character whatsoever, or in any open place in view thereof, a hood or mask, or anything in the nature of either, or any facial disguise of any kind or description, calculated to conceal or hide the identity of the person or to prevent his being readily recognized.

B. Whoever violates this Section shall be imprisoned for not less than six months nor more than three years.

C. Except as provided in Subsection E of this Section, this Section shall not apply:
    (1) To activities of children on Halloween, to persons participating in any public parade or exhibition of an educational, religious, or historical character given by any school, church, or public governing authority, or to persons in any private residence, club, or lodge room.
    (2) To persons participating in masquerade balls or entertainments, to persons participating in carnival parades or exhibitions during the period of Mardi Gras festivities, to persons participating in the parades or exhibitions of minstrel troupes, circuses, or other dramatic or amusement shows, or to promiscuous masking on Mardi Gras which are duly authorized by the governing authorities of the municipality in which they are held or by the sheriff of the parish if held outside of an incorporated municipality.
    (3) To persons wearing head covering or veils pursuant to religious beliefs or customs.

D. All persons having charge or control of any of the festivities set forth in Paragraph B(2) of this Section, shall, in order to bring the persons participating therein within the exceptions contained in Paragraph B(2), make written application for and shall obtain in advance of the festivities from the mayor of the city, town, or village in which the festivities are to be held, or when the festivities are to be held outside of an incorporated city, town, or village, from the sheriff of the parish, a written permit to conduct the festivities. A general public proclamation by the mayor or sheriff authorizing the festivities shall be equivalent to an application and permit.

E. Every person convicted of or who pleads guilty to a sex offense specified in R.S. 24:932, is prohibited from using or wearing a hood, mask or disguise of any kind with the intent to hide, conceal or disguise his identity on or concerning Halloween, Mardi Gras, Easter, Christmas, or any other recognized holiday for which hoods, masks, or disguises are generally used.

-BUT-

Since you know so much about your rights, rights that you accuse so many of us of not being willing to defend and keep, maybe your right, and the world is wrong.

Or, maybe it doesn't matter at all, because the reality is you openly argued, and practically accused members here of not being willing to defend and keep our rights, while at the same time not assigning enough importance to them to actually do what you said you would do.
    Keep in mind that many of those that are posting contrary to your beliefs have at one time or another stood behind, or in front of, loaded weapons and offered their life for the very rights that you were to either too chicken, or too lazy, to exercise.

Regardless of all the arguments and bickering in this thread, the bottom line remains: Open carrying an AR is a pointless action. It draws undue, negative attention to the pro-2A cause. It also does nothing to increase your personal safety. Those who are intimidated by its presence weren't going to rob or hurt you to began with. Those that aren't intimidated by its presence either aren't going to hurt you, or are going to attack you anyway. In fact, the argument can be made that walking around with an AR on your back makes you more of a target for thieves and thugs, because they aren't smart enough to be scared. They seek each other out in the street and resort to gunplay every day. A street smart thug is going to see you with a fancy rifle on your back and think to himself, "Hey, look at that dummy. I bet I can jump him, beat him, and shoot him, all before 'Lt. Col. Playstation' has a chance to bring that weapon into any kind of useful position." At which point, your going to get smashed from behind. Because, in the real world, the screen doesn't flash, and the joystick doesn't vibrate, when the bad guys get close. You're either going to wind up dead, or severely beaten, and the thug is going to walk away with a new, deadly toy. Hopefully, the police can recover it before an innocent person is caught down range. At which point, the LEO will stamp it with "Property of Stupid", and obligingly return it to you.

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    So exercising my rights makes me irresponsible? Care to explain?

Exercising your rights in an irresponsible and sensational way is immature at the least and dangerous in the worst.

How many people on here who are Responsible Gun Owners have told you the same thing?

Yet you refuse to get a clue.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    What was not intelligent about my statement? The fact that premature labeling is a direct reflection of our inaction about open carrying? How fear has clouded our judgement? Obviously, walking into a mall with a rifle and a ski mask is not a smart idea on a side note, even though it is legal.

I think your statement there pretty much sums it up.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    First this thread was all...

epere5yn.jpg

But then it was like...

eragu6am.jpg

And everyone was all...

4etenege.jpg

But then somehow...

eqyjarer.jpg

And now it's just...

my4utana.jpg

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Nobody here is trying to infringe on your civil rights nor are they physically trying to stop you from doing what you want to do. Making it "legal" or a "right" doesn't mean it's always smart. There's a lot of stupid laws on the books and it's still stupid. Carrying an AR15 to a business establishment is not only senseless and dangerous it takes no account for any kind of civility or moral and ethical responsibility as a proper citizen of this country. Liberals tend to act and react on fear and emotion and never argue their point based on facts. Your wish to protest in the grandest manner will not only incite controversy, it will put you and the rest of the gun community in the spotlight that we don't want to be in anymore. There will always be gun lovers and gun haters and they will always clash from time to time, and exercising your right in the manner you want to execute it is not very responsible and will just give us more unwanted attention....not to mention that you could either get harassed or harmed in the process.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Nobody here is trying to infringe on your civil rights nor are they physically trying to stop you from doing what you want to do. Making it "legal" or a "right" doesn't mean it's always smart. There's a lot of stupid laws on the books and it's still stupid. Carrying an AR15 to a business establishment is not only senseless and dangerous it takes no account for any kind of civility or moral and ethical responsibility as a proper citizen of this country. Liberals tend to act and react on fear and emotion and never argue their point based on facts. Your wish to protest in the grandest manner will not only incite controversy, it will put you and the rest of the gun community in the spotlight that we don't want to be in anymore. There will always be gun lovers and gun haters and they will always clash from time to time, and exercising your right in the manner you want to execute it is not very responsible and will just give us more unwanted attention....not to mention that you could either get harassed or harmed in the process.
    Oh so true. I think the OP is an attention hog. He knows he is wrong and is still trying to defend his point. Anyone willing to walk into a Starbucks with an AR on their back is just desperate for attention. And stokes, before you throw in a good 'ole red-herring, yes, I am judging you as a person from your posts on this board...as is everyone else :) And if you were to walk into a place of business with an AR, you would be judged. Oh, and guess what, I am super pro-2A and guns, but if you walked into my place of business with an AR, I would ask you to leave and if you even hinted at thinking about saying something, I would call the cops and let them drag you out...and hopefully you would put up a fight and they would then violate some of your rights.

Actually, unless your participating in one the listed exceptions, wearing a ski mask and carrying an AR in the mall is not legal, at all.

Here:

LOUISIANA

Louisiana RS 14:313

§313. Masks or hoods, wearing in public places prohibited; penalty; exceptions; permit to conduct Mardi Gras festivities, how obtained; wearing of hoods, masks, or disguises or giving of candy or other gifts by sex offenders

A. No person shall use or wear in any public place of any character whatsoever, or in any open place in view thereof, a hood or mask, or anything in the nature of either, or any facial disguise of any kind or description, calculated to conceal or hide the identity of the person or to prevent his being readily recognized.

B. Whoever violates this Section shall be imprisoned for not less than six months nor more than three years.

C. Except as provided in Subsection E of this Section, this Section shall not apply:
    (1) To activities of children on Halloween, to persons participating in any public parade or exhibition of an educational, religious, or historical character given by any school, church, or public governing authority, or to persons in any private residence, club, or lodge room.
    (2) To persons participating in masquerade balls or entertainments, to persons participating in carnival parades or exhibitions during the period of Mardi Gras festivities, to persons participating in the parades or exhibitions of minstrel troupes, circuses, or other dramatic or amusement shows, or to promiscuous masking on Mardi Gras which are duly authorized by the governing authorities of the municipality in which they are held or by the sheriff of the parish if held outside of an incorporated municipality.
    (3) To persons wearing head covering or veils pursuant to religious beliefs or customs.

D. All persons having charge or control of any of the festivities set forth in Paragraph B(2) of this Section, shall, in order to bring the persons participating therein within the exceptions contained in Paragraph B(2), make written application for and shall obtain in advance of the festivities from the mayor of the city, town, or village in which the festivities are to be held, or when the festivities are to be held outside of an incorporated city, town, or village, from the sheriff of the parish, a written permit to conduct the festivities. A general public proclamation by the mayor or sheriff authorizing the festivities shall be equivalent to an application and permit.

E. Every person convicted of or who pleads guilty to a sex offense specified in R.S. 24:932, is prohibited from using or wearing a hood, mask or disguise of any kind with the intent to hide, conceal or disguise his identity on or concerning Halloween, Mardi Gras, Easter, Christmas, or any other recognized holiday for which hoods, masks, or disguises are generally used.

-BUT-

Since you know so much about your rights, rights that you accuse so many of us of not being willing to defend and keep, maybe your right, and the world is wrong.

Or, maybe it doesn't matter at all, because the reality is you openly argued, and practically accused members here of not being willing to defend and keep our rights, while at the same time not assigning enough importance to them to actually do what you said you would do.
    Keep in mind that many of those that are posting contrary to your beliefs have at one time or another stood behind, or in front of, loaded weapons and offered their life for the very rights that you were to either too chicken, or too lazy, to exercise.

Regardless of all the arguments and bickering in this thread, the bottom line remains: Open carrying an AR is a pointless action. It draws undue, negative attention to the pro-2A cause. It also does nothing to increase your personal safety. Those who are intimidated by its presence weren't going to rob or hurt you to began with. Those that aren't intimidated by its presence either aren't going to hurt you, or are going to attack you anyway. In fact, the argument can be made that walking around with an AR on your back makes you more of a target for thieves and thugs, because they aren't smart enough to be scared. They seek each other out in the street and resort to gunplay every day. A street smart thug is going to see you with a fancy rifle on your back and think to himself, "Hey, look at that dummy. I bet I can jump him, beat him, and shoot him, all before 'Lt. Col. Playstation' has a chance to bring that weapon into any kind of useful position." At which point, your going to get smashed from behind. Because, in the real world, the screen doesn't flash, and the joystick doesn't vibrate, when the bad guys get close. You're either going to wind up dead, or severely beaten, and the thug is going to walk away with a new, deadly toy. Hopefully, the police can recover it before an innocent person is caught down range. At which point, the LEO will stamp it with "Property of Stupid", and obligingly return it to you.
    Bingo.

And there you go. This is the point we are trying to get across. Even though it is a right, sometimes it isn't smart.
    Thanks :) I didn't get to conclude my argument due to sleep. I figured another intelligent person would see where I was going and finish it off.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    Oh so true. I think the OP is an attention hog. He knows he is wrong and is still trying to defend his point. Anyone willing to walk into a Starbucks with an AR on their back is just desperate for attention. And stokes, before you throw in a good 'ole red-herring, yes, I am judging you as a person from your posts on this board...as is everyone else :) And if you were to walk into a place of business with an AR, you would be judged. Oh, and guess what, I am super pro-2A and guns, but if you walked into my place of business with an AR, I would ask you to leave and if you even hinted at thinking about saying something, I would call the cops and let them drag you out...and hopefully you would put up a fight and they would then violate some of your rights.

Bingo.

Thanks :) I didn't get to conclude my argument due to sleep. I figured another intelligent person would see where I was going and finish it off.

No **** huh? Knew you were going there the entire time buddy.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    No **** huh? Knew you were going there the entire time buddy.
    It still worked though and my point was proven...and you admitted exactly what I wanted / thought you would. So, let's change the subject a little. Do you have a Youtube channel? If so, what is the name? If not, you should get one.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    It still worked though and my point was proven...and you admitted exactly what I wanted / thought you would. So, let's change the subject a little. Do you have a Youtube channel? If so, what is the name? If not, you should get one.

Too bad I didn't record the run-in with officers I had on my property, boy they made a mistake.

Top Bottom