The **** you heard people say about firearms...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I thought hollow points were illegal.....I thought silencers were illegal.

A lot of people don't know that they are legal without some "special licenses". A lot are surprised how easy owning them actually is. I hope more people are able to find out and get into them.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    The one I get the most is "what do you need that for?" The next most popular one I've gotten was "what can you hunt with that?" It is so bad, I just act like I can't hear what people are asking when they ask dumb ass questions.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I still chuckle when people say that AR stands for Assault Rifle. When they say that, I typically ask "Then what does AK stand for? Assault Krifle?"

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I still chuckle when people say that AR stands for Assault Rifle. When they say that, I typically ask "Then what does AK stand for? Assault Krifle?"

You mean my AR-15 isn't an "assault rifle? even with the extended clip and BEAM!" lol "got dem hollow pernts, that explode anything it hits, like tatattatattatatata"

BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA
    What about in the confusion of what bullet grain is. always fun argument

We had a huge argument about that at the camp drinking around the fire after work weekend a few weeks ago. Couple guys were arguing the point that the higher the grain that farther it will shoot "because its loaded with more GRAINS of gun powder". As in they believed that each load was measured out to exact amounts of gunpowder grains and all bullets were the same weight. It took a while to convince them otherwise and they still didn't seem fully convinced.

Just to give some perspective the argument started after a guy claimed he hunts with 130 grain on one stand because his longest shot it only about 75 yards. he brings the 150s to his stand on the clear cut because he needed more power for the longer shots. I was scratching my head and had to ask what he meant.....that's when it all started lol

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    "Yall sell DEM BEAMS?" (aka laser sights)

Sometimes I feel like I need to take a course to understand some of the bullsh!t ebonics that I hear come out of their mouths on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I love it when salesmen try to sale completly green folks the "ole Saturday night special" for personal or home defense. And then say its the most reliable weapon you could own. Never mind you are putting 12# of trigger and 2.5 inch barrel in thd hands of a complete rookie. All because tap rack bang so, so complicated only highly skilled people can learn it. To add the cherry on top of the crap Sunday they tell a woman to put it in her purse. You know, so that when she needs it the cylinder is all gritted up an full of lent.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I also enjoy the old guy that carries a 1911 on his hip and drapes a flanel shirt over it and proceeds to tell my my compact 9mm that carries 12rds isnt enough gun. And he cant figure out why I wouldnt want to attempt to conceal an 8rd howitzer in my dress slacks.

Last edited:

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    I remember a customer telling me that guns causes more violence. After not being able to even speak, I just gave up and let him be. I get the 'why do you carry/have guns?' Sometimes. But the bullet rising from the barrel takes the cake in this thread.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom