The **** you heard people say about firearms...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    what about me, i keep a loaded, used mossberg 12 ga in the trunk of my car 24/7. i went with a car cause of gas mileage but the shotgun thing was a bigger factor tbh. trunk release inside the car is disconnected. if i can get to it in time, i will choose that 12 ga over any handgun. i wipe it down with ballistol every now and then. its wrapped in a wool blanket. never seen a speck of rust on it yet.

no one will change my mind about this but i am open to suggestions about ammo. right now its loaded with federal flite control 00 buck but the gun shoots winchester slugs so well im thinking about loading it with that and not have to worry about pellets flying around to hit bystanders. here is a video of those slugs(12" and 10" penetration):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HuVkXLreWE

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I read your post and waited twenty four hours to be sure I gave a calm reply. You see, you've hit a raw nerve. You didn't say how the gun was stolen from your truck. If you reply that the thief had to use bolt cutters or a sawzall to get your gun, then all that follows is retracted.

Otherwise...No it's not your fault that your truck was burglarized. Humans have been stealing from one another since they first stood upright, not your fault. However, you are responsible for another gun in circulation in the hands of bad people because you left it out for them to take. Knowing that thieves exist, you should have taken precautions to secure the gun. Leaving it unsecured in your truck was irresponsible. And to be clear, if the thief did not have to use bolt cutters or a sawzall, then you left it unsecured.

But, as bad as that is, you had to compound the problem by being cavalier in denying your culpability. Your post ridicules the person who pointed out your fault. You will probably ridicule this criticism as well. So be it. The gorilla in the room remains this - that gun didn't have to be out there to be used in the mall parking lot against my wife or your mother. You could have, and should have prevented it. At the very least you shouldn't have laughed it off in an internet post, characterizing the criticism as "s@#$ you hear in a gun store."

Unlike you, I do not think anything about this is funny. If you can't be responsible enough to secure your guns, then please try to be ashamed of it enough to not brag about it.

What if someone's house or camp gets burgalized, and the they are just hidden in the closet and not in a safe, are they part of the problem too?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    What if someone's house or camp gets burgalized, and the they are just hidden in the closet and not in a safe, are they part of the problem too?

Once people understand that security measures don't secure anything, that they only buy time, then they will stop complaining. If someone wants something bad enough, they will try to get it. The level of security will determine how long it takes for that person to get what they want.

IMO, out of sight, out of mind, is far superior than any lock in plain sight.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Once people understand that security measures don't secure anything, that they only buy time, then they will stop complaining. If someone wants something bad enough, they will try to get it. The level of security will determine how long it takes for that person to get what they want.

IMO, out of sight, out of mind, is far superior than any lock in plain sight.

Agreed. Locks only make honest people stay honest.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Just heard this from a coworker, he got it from his sister in laws husband who claims to be an LEO, so it's a "law": In order to claim self-defense in a shooting you must fire at least three warning shots.

Somehow, I can't seem to find that in the Louisiana statues.....

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Just heard this from a coworker, he got it from his sister in laws husband who claims to be an LEO, so it's a "law": In order to claim self-defense in a shooting you must fire at least three warning shots.

Somehow, I can't seem to find that in the Louisiana statues.....

Heard something simular for years growing up. "If you shoot someone breaking into your home drag them inside then call the cops." Cause you know tampering with edvidence always looks good and when the detectives show up they wont notice the blood outside?
    :confused:
    Another good one "if you shoot shoot someone in the back its murder, but if you shoot them in the leg they will turn around and its now self defense."
    :dogkeke:

Last edited:

ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    Heard another one the other day when my buddy was telling his friend about my silencers. "Oh that's pretty cool and all, but you know you can't hunt with that right?"

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Heard another one the other day when my buddy was telling his friend about my silencers. "Oh that's pretty cool and all, but you know you can't hunt with that right?"

Thats because there is a law on the books that you have to give the deer a warning shot first, and you know silencers will keep the deer from hearing the warning shot. Right?
    :dogkeke:

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Was at the range this summer doing a practice round of NRA High Power. Doing slow fire prone at 300 yards on the properly reduced target. I'm there in a shooting coat, leather sling, an AR-15A2 with iron sights, and plopped on the shooting mat.

Yahoo walks up and asks if I compete. ((Thinking) No I wear this straight jacket because I enjoy heat stroke in south Louisiana summers.)
    - Yes I do compete. High Power.
    What's your target?
    - Down there at 300 with the 17 inch black spot.
    Hitting anything?
    - Let's jump into the golf cart and find out.

We hop in and get to the target. There we see a nice 6" group of 20 shots. Guessing a score in the mid-180s.

S***. That can't be your target. Everybody knows you can't hit a thing with iron sights past 50 yards.
    - Actually during slow prone we go to 600 yards with irons.
    Bull****.

I picked up my target and made him walk back for calling me a liar.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I just remembered this one...."Lemme see dat ak wit da bullet flipper on da end." I show him the WASR10 with a standard slant muzzle brake. WTF. No words.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Was at the range this summer doing a practice round of NRA High Power. Doing slow fire prone at 300 yards on the properly reduced target. I'm there in a shooting coat, leather sling, an AR-15A2 with iron sights, and plopped on the shooting mat.

Yahoo walks up and asks if I compete. ((Thinking) No I wear this straight jacket because I enjoy heat stroke in south Louisiana summers.)
    - Yes I do compete. High Power.
    What's your target?
    - Down there at 300 with the 17 inch black spot.
    Hitting anything?
    - Let's jump into the golf cart and find out.

We hop in and get to the target. There we see a nice 6" group of 20 shots. Guessing a score in the mid-180s.

S***. That can't be your target. Everybody knows you can't hit a thing with iron sights past 50 yards.
    - Actually during slow prone we go to 600 yards with irons.
    Bull****.

I picked up my target and made him walk back for calling me a liar.

That's when I'd tell him to bet $1000 you can do it again.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    I had to go help a coworker who is a good friend in AL last week.

We went to a range in birmingham to blow off some steam after we got done work one of the days. I brought a couple handguns, some suppressors and my suppressed tavor. My friend hadn't ever shot a suppressed anything.

I have electronic ear muffs, so i can hear just about everything this knucklehead 2 stalls down says.

" Yo be careful, those 2 guys down there must be hitmen, dey got silencers n sh**."

After i take my tavor out of the case....

" aw sh**, dat muf*cka got him a space gun. lets be out"

The RO almost pissed himself from laughter.

Dave Newton

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    I had to go help a coworker who is a good friend in AL last week.

We went to a range in birmingham to blow off some steam after we got done work one of the days. I brought a couple handguns, some suppressors and my suppressed tavor. My friend hadn't ever shot a suppressed anything.

I have electronic ear muffs, so i can hear just about everything this knucklehead 2 stalls down says.

" Yo be careful, those 2 guys down there must be hitmen, dey got silencers n sh**."

After i take my tavor out of the case....

" aw sh**, dat muf*cka got him a space gun. lets be out"

The RO almost pissed himself from laughter.

I would have double tapped you and your boy and called it a day.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I would have double tapped you and your boy and called it a day.

ang8ucvzo3mqj5q55h7b.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom