TSA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdm227

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Prairieville
    Does it bother anyone else how unprofessional TSA is and how there are no uniform standards whatsoever? Some guys have long hair and beards, some have ear rings, and others are grossly overweight. I know they aren't true law enforcement but If they are going to be wearing a badge, shouldn't they be held to some standard?

Is just me or does it drive yall crazy too?

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    What bothers me more is that there are no standards as to what is contraband. I fly at 2 - 3 times a month, and what passes at one airport is contraband at another. I had a multi-bit screwdriver in my bag and the TSA at NO airport measured it and said it was good to go. Kansas City confiscated it and said it was too long. I don't care what they do as I budget my time for their BS, and I am a frequent traveler, so most of the time I get the TSA-PRE, but at least be consistent from one place to another..

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    That's part of the reason I no longer fly. Too much Bull before the flight, passengers are pretty much treated like cattle at times & I refuse to sit on a hot plane on the tarmac for 8 hours.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    If I didn't have to for work I'd never fly. It's just an all around miserable experience these days. I hate TSA and I make it a point to be rude to them every time. Last month my carry on was searched by a middle eastern descent TSA employee which isn't a big deal but I have never seen anyone move so slow doing something in my life. I asked him to hurry up so I would not miss my flight and he told they do not rush for anyone. I lost my temper and told him to f-himself and to get a real job. Surprised they let me fly after that.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    The difference in rules is goofy.
    I was told in New Orleans to remove my ball cap for the scan.
    Same trip on the return from Kansas City was told to never reach for/remove a hat.
    I agree they look very unprofessional; majority are grossly overweight.
    Only thing that gets me through the line is thinking about the old South Park episode about the TSA.
    "Sir, I got to look up in your a##hole." In the best black lady voice you can muster.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Are you guys really complaining about how unorganized and government run agency is?

;)

I absolutely love flying, but the BS behind it makes me never want to again. Piece of paper in your pocket? You mean strip search dn dust for bomb material???

Yeah, it happened.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I haven't flown since they enlisted a bunch of civilians and turned them into another federal agency. But next time I absolutely have to fly, if one of those losers grabs my junk, unless it's a pretty woman, I will be spending some time in the big house I reckon.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    The difference in rules is goofy.
    I was told in New Orleans to remove my ball cap for the scan.
    Same trip on the return from Kansas City was told to never reach for/remove a hat.
    I agree they look very unprofessional; majority are grossly overweight.
    Only thing that gets me through the line is thinking about the old South Park episode about the TSA.
    "Sir, I got to look up in your a##hole." In the best black lady voice you can muster.

Great. I gots ta check ya a$$hole.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Does it bother anyone else how unprofessional TSA is and how there are no uniform standards whatsoever? Some guys have long hair and beards, some have ear rings, and others are grossly overweight. I know they aren't true law enforcement but If they are going to be wearing a badge, shouldn't they be held to some standard?

Is just me or does it drive yall crazy too?

They just bother me in general. I am glad that they look like crap in uniform. It shows who they are. You have to watch them since several of them have been perverts and thieves over the years. Even ABC News caught one of them stealing an IPAD on film.
    If you even have one piece of spent brass in a handbag, they will go nuts and act like they "FOUND SOMETHING!" only to have LE just toss it in the trash.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    They just bother me in general. I am glad that they look like crap in uniform. It shows who they are. You have to watch them since several of them have been perverts and thieves over the years. Even ABC News caught one of them stealing an IPAD on film.
    If you even have one piece of spent brass in a handbag, they will go nuts and act like they "FOUND SOMETHING!" only to have LE just toss it in the trash.
    Lol, if they're ever checking your bag and start yelling, "Need a supervisor! Need a supervisor!!" Take my advice, just deny it's your bag or assume the position

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I avoid it like the plague, but I had to this week for an out of town funeral. Sure enough, Leaving, I was told to just hold my wallet and boarding pass over my head in the naked view orgasmatron, coming back, I was scolded for not putting them in a basket, then publicly shamed by an eye rolling and an "EVERYONE empty your pockets while you have the chance, DO NOT come to the machine with a wallet in your pocket or you will go back to the end of the line. Sir, give your wallet to that man and step back to the start of the line (for the orgasmatron)". There has to be a better way, lining up for these pig people is un-dignifying. I think I would prefer just rolling the dice and leaving air travel as a self policing endeavor.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I avoid flying too. But they not always but usually think they seem like the kid in school who was picked on too much getting even with the world by being a paid government bully.

Dave
    sent from Nokia 920

Top Bottom