TSA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It was a lady though who freaked out over the paper. The two dudes didn't really give a ****.

Paper cuts are no joke. I received a few while working at TACLOG with 7th MEB on MCB 29 Palms.
    Perhaps TSA was trying to make sure that there was no threat of paper cuts on the aircraft.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Yep. It's crystal clear. You're free from unreasonable searches. You don't wanna be searched? Don't fly. Pretty cut and dry. You can still walk wherever you wanna go. And take a boat to Hawaii/PR/Guam. Flying is not a right. Nor is driving. As much as I hate TSA and think it's BS, it's not unconstitutional.

Quit making sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Difference is that today the equipment and labor costs are so astronomical that its unrealistic to expect it of any company. It's even too much for our govt, honestly.

Then it would appear you've found a Service that is literally impossible to provide.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    He's not making sense. He's making justifications.

Dolze

I'm sorry, what I really meant to say is that SVT is speaking the truth. Nothing gives you the right to fly on an airline or drive on the interstate. If you believe it is your right then you are wrong and I will put you in the category with other sovereign citizens on this site.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I'm sorry, what I really meant to say is that SVT is speaking the truth. Nothing gives you the right to fly on an airline or drive on the interstate. If you believe it is your right then you are wrong and I will put you in the category with other sovereign citizens on this site.

One of the biggest problems with society today is making "rights" where there are none. Right to a cell phone, Internet, other people's money? All same thing. You can very very easily not get searched by tsa by using other means of transportation. It's same reason you have to take a test to drive, and you're driving is limited and they can make you buy insurance and require all kinds of things. You don't have a right to drive. It's a privilege. Flying is a privilege also.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I don't think that the founding fathers really had in mind that if you made a travel purchase you waive your constitutional rights.

Here's the way I see it for what it's worth.

Travel company, stage coach, train, airplane, etc won't sell you a service unless they can search you.. Constitutional.

Giant Federal Agency that is allowed to make new regulations, read laws, without an elected official being involved that intrude upon the constitutionally guaranteed rights? Unconstitutional as heck.

Bu don't worry most people don't even know what the constitution says or meant and the federal government does tons of unconstitutional things every day.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    That sounds like anti gunners argument that founding fathers didn't know we would one day have military weapons so I can't own an ar15....

They had the idea. Moving freely about was constitutionally protected but your right to use a horse wasn't mentioned.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    That sounds like anti gunners argument that founding fathers didn't know we would one day have military weapons so I can't own an ar15....

They had the idea. Moving freely about was constitutionally protected but your right to use a horse wasn't mentioned.

Lol. Well said

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA

damn im gunna note that for future usage. well played

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've never been on a plane, probably never will, unless work needs me to. In which case, I pretty much have to abide by company policy anyway.

I look at it this way; Flying on a commercial aircraft is just like walking into a private business. If they have rules and policies that I don't like, I go elsewhere.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Good question... I heard New Orleans is top of the list on that problem. Lol

Is there a claims process for missing items that occurred in baggage handling?

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    Just heard an AP report that TSA failed to find weapons and fake bombs 95% of the time when investigators secretly tested the agency at various airports. SO, basically they fail miserably at stopping terrorists but pass 100% of the time when it comes to violating our civil liberties. Shaking my head and laughing to myself, unfortunately.

Dolze

Top Bottom