Wal-Mart Gun in hand....what would you do?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What would you do? Apparently Emotionally disturbed man with gun in Wal-Mart.

• I carry less-lethal and would attempt to use it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    This is the info you have.

Let's assume you are alone.

Explain why you would take your chosen course.

POLICE: Man had gun, ammo inside Wal-Mart

California women accused of credit card scam at mall
    By MATT THACKER
    Matt.Thacker@newsandtribune.com

The Wal-Mart in Clarksville had to be partially evacuated early Sunday morning after a man wearing only boxer shorts reportedly carried a gun inside the store.

Michael E. Nolan, 47, of Lynch Lane in Clarksville, was taken into police custody, and no injuries were reported.

Clarksville Police Department officers responded to a report of a white male wearing shorts sitting on the front bench of the store. When police officers arrived, they were told the man had entered the store and was in the restroom, according to a police report.

As officers responded, Nolan reportedly came out of the restroom with a 9-millimeter handgun and two fully loaded clips in his hand. The report states Nolan quickly dropped the gun and repeatedly said he needed help.

An employee told police he saw Nolan enter the store at about 1:40 a.m. with a gun, and the area was evacuated before police were called.

Ingle said Nolan was taken to a mental health facility where he will be held until doctors decide he can be released. Ingle said the police report was sent to the county prosecutor’s office and that charges may still be filed.

Clark County Prosecutor Steve Stewart was not available for comment Tuesday, but no charges have been filed.

Police say Nolan did not have a gun permit.

According to a Clarksville police report from 2007, Nolan told a behavioral health services employee that he had set his residence on fire.

However, the latest report states that a police records search revealed Nolan has no criminal history on file.

Warrant issued for woman accused of identity theft

Two California women are facing numerous felony charges in Clark County after they were allegedly found with dozens of stolen credit cards at Victoria’s Secret in Clarksville.

The Clarksville Police Department was dispatched to the store — which is in the Greentree Mall — after an employee on Nov. 21 said the women attempted to use several credit cards that were declined. An Ohio woman then called the store and said her bank called her at home to notify her someone was trying to use her credit card in Clarksville.

Heaven C. Davis, 32, of Inglewood, is charged with 19 counts of class C felony forgery, 19 counts of class D felony identity deception and 21 counts of class D felony receiving stolen property.

Barbara A. Jackson, 54, of Concord, is charged with four counts of class D felony receiving stolen property and class A misdemeanor possession of marijuana.

According to a police report, the number on Davis’ credit card did not match the number on the receipt for items she had just purchased. Police asked if there might be another card, and Davis pulled out 25 credit cards with her name on them, but none matched the receipt.

Police had store employees run all of the cards. They say the numbers on the front of seven of the cards did not match the magnetic strip, while the other 18 all said to call the bank.

Jackson had purchased merchandise from Victoria’s Secret and Bath and Body Works. The numbers on the cards she used did not match the receipts from either store. She also allegedly had two bags of marijuana in her jacket pocket.

Inside the vehicle the two were renting, police found 22 paid gifts cards and a planner with locations for Walgreens and Rite Aid stores in the area. They also found a paper that said “cards to sell” and had a list of names with dollar amounts.

Davis reportedly told police that Jackson is her aunt, and the two had flown from Los Angeles to Louisville to visit museums and shop.

Jackson has an initial hearing set for today in Clark County Superior Court No. 3. She was released on recognizance Nov. 23.

Davis posted $25,000 cash-only bond. A warrant was issued for Davis Nov. 25 after she failed to appear for an initial hearing, according to court records.

Last edited:

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    I like you answer, being that you are an LEO it's probably the only right answer for you. However, as a normal everyday dude I think i would try and create distance, try and find some kind of cover without loosing sight of the guy and discreetly call 911 and then prepare myself to draw.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I like you answer, being that you are an LEO it's probably the only right answer for you. However, as a normal everyday dude I think i would try and create distance, try and find some kind of cover without loosing sight of the guy and discreetly call 911 and then prepare myself to draw.

Your absolutely right. I would more than likely act as LEO in that specific scenario if I was alone. With family, I would do what you chose.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Maybe I chose the weenie answer, but unless I have good reason to believe the guy is about to commit a crime, I'm not going to get involved. Avoid the bad situations.

If I ended up killing some guy who was just having a mental breakdown or some retarded or otherwise impaired person, I would feel awful. Worst case the retard kills you.

I'd probably call 911 on my way out, but I'm not going to stick around.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I chose #2, but really I think I'd do a combo of #1 and #2. Call 911, draw weapon, take cover. My role would be nothing more than a ninja reporter until the dude flips out and starts killing grannies. If it came to that, then I'd like to say I'd take a shot if I had one but who really knows how they'll act when the SHTF.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I chose #2, but really I think I'd do a combo of #1 and #2. Call 911, draw weapon, take cover. My role would be nothing more than a ninja reporter until the dude flips out and starts killing grannies. If it came to that, then I'd like to say I'd take a shot if I had one but who really knows how they'll act when the SHTF.

+1, me too, this^

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    Okay, I chose approach and try to talk. I chose that choice based on this particular article. The guy was asking for help. Although H hate to say it, I dont have my CHP yet, so I would have no other option in my mind. I wouldnt be able to forgive myself if while I was sitting on my ass calling 911 he popped some lady or kid.

Last edited:

K9CopSGT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Lutcher, LA
    I selected #1, but would do both 1 and 2, and try to keep a visual on the subject until responding officers arrive. Any other actions (ie. verbal commands, escalating force, etc.) would depend on the subject's actions.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    If I was with my gf we would be outta there. By myself I would call 911 take cover and keep an eye on him and use the weapon accordingly based on his actions.

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    While I do carry and feel confident in my abilities if in fact I ever had to draw down on someone, I'm picking #3. The last thing I want to do is kill someone, keeping in mind that if I had no other option, there would be no hesitation on my part. My first option will always be to create distance as quickly as possible as in "feet don't fail me now". If that option is not available, then all bets are off. For those of you who chose #2 I would be a bit concerned about what happens when Law Enforcement shows up - they are responding to a call of a man in the store with a gun. If you choose #2 what does that make you, a man in a store with a gun. Just a thought.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Until he startened to threaten someone I would keep an eye on him and find cover. If he starts waving it around, I would draw. If he is about to shoot someone, including me, I would try to down him and not kill him. This is where a suprise tazer in the back would be nice?

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I will revert to answers LEOs have told me before.

Ain't my problem dude. So I create space.

I was actually upset their was no answer to grab a bow and shoot him with it, I was also thinking of hitting him with a malatov cocktail.

Down here Im sure he would be mugged my women hitting him with their shoes.

I might fall down and call my lawyer and sue Walmart for failing to provide me a safe environment in which to shop or for providing a hostile environment.

Top Bottom