Went to Jim's today out of desperation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jub Jub

Cadillac
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    You know guys i've been listening to and reading complaints about Jim's Firearms for years and years and I finally have to throw in my two cents. I was a regular customer of Jim's way back in the day when it was a small store on the opposite side of Siegan Lane. I shoppped there because I know Jim and he is a genuinely "good" guy, actually a "great" guy. Also my father and Jim's father were friends and I admired Jim's dad as much as my own. Anyone of you who has had the priviage of meeting Mac probably feels the same. I really feel proud to support my local businesses when more and more of us are sacrificing our own community to save a few bucks by shopping online. Unfortunatley time and time again, to my dismay, I experienced the same horrible service as most of you have. If I have to endure the condescending and "your wasting my time" attitude then it better come with reasonable prices. (not happening) I understand that in the retail business, especially the nature of Jim's business, the sales people have to deal with a combination of "wingnuts" and absolute "tools" but there is no excuse for the way this business makes us feel when we're walking out the door wishing we had sold our soul to the devil and gone to Cabelas. I finally realized what a hypocrite i was to slam Jim's one day and then shop there the next when i needed something in a hurry. Now i visit Jim's maybe twice a year to look only, and LOOK is all I do. When they finally ask if i need help I tell them that I'm "JUST LOOKING" and that is all that I do. Let me remind all of you that WE determine the success or failure of our beloved small local gun shops. What bothers me the most is that Jim is very involved in the local gun buying community and most definitely reads these complaints but apparently he feels that his customers opinions are meaningless and his store is above being judged. I urge all of you to stop complaining, it isn't accomplishing anything, and stop shopping at Jim's or quit complaining and keep shopping there. These days I look at Jim's or any of the other big box stores and then when I'm ready to buy I go see Pat at Accurate Firearms or Hutchinson's in Pineville for those of you north of BR. Sorry about the rant but after 10 years the complaining is just a waste of our precious time. Good night everybody.

This is really well said but it's not hopeless, I believe. If Jim (never met the guy) starts to feel the hit in his pocketbook maybe he will make some changes. All the place needs is better service. Lots of stores survive with high prices, few make it with high prices and bad service.

Peashooter

Peanut Gallery Gang
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    New Orleans
    I've only been in there 5 times or so but have always been greeted, helped if I needed and was allowed to fingerbang anything there
    Sure I could save 15% or more if I go home, then look it up, order and then have to wait for my goods to arrive
    To tell they truth I usually end up buying on the spot as I want it and I want it now dammit, hehe
    I wish we had a store like this closer to home......

J87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Wow, where do I start with this one…

First of all to bravo3, CAM_TECH_ARMS, Jub Jub and all of the other keyboard warriors in this thread complaining about prices, service, inconsistent policies… Why don’t you show some testicular fortitude when you are treated poorly and speak the f up. Spend an extra two minutes of your oh-so-precious little lives to speak to one of the managers about your poor experience. How the hell do you expect them to improve if no one has the guts to call them out on the service? Do you honestly think they monitor this joke of a forum looking for customer feedback?

Now about the customer service, I have been to Jim’s multiple, multiple times and have been treated with nothing but complete respect and courtesy. Sure, they employ some part time college kids who are there for a few months and could not give two hoots about the customers as long as they get paid. All of the older guys who were mentioned earlier, as well as the other older gentleman (think his name is sid), provide awesome service and will literally drop their lunch to help you. As far as time, I’ve literally seen people walk straight through the door and interrupt an employee with another customer because they claim “they can’t get any help.” I’ve also witnessed on one Sunday (they are notoriously understaffed on Sundays) a guy walk up to the checkout, waits for about thirty seconds, and then goes get the manager telling him he’s been waiting for twenty minutes. The manager that day (think his name is Jarred) was nothing but kind and professional although this guy was a total douche. So is summary, at least ½ of you guys bitching about service are probably tool bags like the previously mentioned customers.

As far as prices go, I do agree that they are a bit steep on some fronts; however, like someone else mentioned, this is a small business with an enormous inventory so naturally the overhead is going to be high. They do have great deals on a lot of their custom guns (Wilsons, Ed Browns wayyyyy under msrp) and occasionally put items on sale, I’m talking $899 for $1100 Rock River and $299 for LCPs. If some of you would stop trolling this forum and read this magical invention known as a “newspaper” you would see some of these sales. Also, they often have some stuff in stock that is unavailable anywhere else in the state.

Now for jmanrogers, Skinny, and again the cesspool of poorly structured cells known as CAM_TECH_ARMS (I mean seriously dude, were you oxygen deprived in the womb or something?). I have seriously seen more mature behavior on Honda civic forums than what you three people display. Honestly, did you guys just turn 13 or something? You plan on toilet papering Mr. Jim’s car after you bring all of you illegitimate dumpster babies into his store? How do you three even qualify to own a firearm, oh wait, it’s because there is no IQ test. To everyone reading this thread, do you honestly believe these three guys are reputable enough to believe their stories about how they were mistreated, when in fact they are nothing but ill-tempered redneck trash?

Peace!

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    :eek4:.....................................................:rofl:

Since this^ is your first post, I can only imagine that you were just sitting there saying to yourself; "should I sign up to post? Should I just not give a s**t? I can't? I mean...I shouldn't! Should I? But this thread has me pissed. These guys are tools! Hmmmm. Oh hell, I'll do it!"

:mamoru:

Do you honestly think they monitor this joke of a forum looking for customer feedback?

This^ is just hurtful!

BTW: If I were a gun dealer, I would at least check this out. A few of these guys(myself included), buy alot of gun related merch. And as a business owner myself, try to keep it local. And if you think this Jim's bashing thread was bad, you need to search the one on Hebert. It was a hoot.

Last edited:

J87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    If you look at my join date, it's August 2010.

Unfortunately this place is full of people like the ones I singled out who make me not want to post. People who bitch, whine, plot… but do nothing to actually support the firearms industry. Nobody ever wants to speak up to these losers who bitch about Jim’s, Heberts, Bowies… Do you know how lucky you are to have so many great stores where you can literally get whatever you want that same day? No, too busy crying on the internet.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA

Unfortunately this place is full of people like the ones I singled out who make me not want to post. People who bitch, whine, plot…

Don't believe anyone here is forcing you to post or to hang around.

Jub Jub

Cadillac
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Baton Rouge

Unfortunately this place is full of people like the ones I singled out who make me not want to post. People who bitch, whine, plot… but do nothing to actually support the firearms industry. Nobody ever wants to speak up to these losers who bitch about Jim’s, Heberts, Bowies… Do you know how lucky you are to have so many great stores where you can literally get whatever you want that same day? No, too busy crying on the internet.

Sounds like you've been too busy hanging around Jim's hoping to get noticed to post on here. Glad to have you though, i think we are below our quota of folks with limited vocabulary who can only use curse words to get their opinion across.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA

So you resort to using the same type of bitching and whining that you accuse others of????

J87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Sounds like you've been too busy hanging around Jim's hoping to get noticed to post on here. Glad to have you though, i think we are below our quota of folks with limited vocabulary who can only use curse words to get their opinion across.

Getting noticed? Are we talking about going to Hollywood or buying guns?

It seems like you have well exceeded your quota of crybabies who do nothing to improve their situation and children who plot flash child mobs, because both of those really help a buisness improve.

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Getting noticed? Are we talking about going to Hollywood or buying guns?

It seems like you have well exceeded your quota of crybabies who do nothing to improve their situation and children who plot flash child mobs, because both of those really help a buisness improve.

if that's how you feel that's your prerogative. i wont touch the subject of Jim's, but if you don't like all those alleged people on here, you can leave. right now you are not contributing to the site in any significant way.

Dont be surprised when the ban hammer strikes you

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    In the interest of fairness , I will concede that you are correct on that point . It just seems odd that your account lay dormant until this thread showed up . You wouldn't be the first person to have more than one account . I did it myself to do an end around on the dickhead moderators on ARFCOM and the Sig Forum . :ninja:

J87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    In the interest of fairness , I will concede that you are correct on that point . It just seems odd that your account lay dormant until this thread showed up . You wouldn't be the first person to have more than one account . I did it myself to do an end around on the dickhead moderators on ARFCOM and the Sig Forum . :ninja:

This is my only account. Feel free to get a mod to do an IP check if you wish. Let the ban hammer strike me down if the mods wish. I felt free to post and speak my mind because I'm not at all worried about being banned. Like I said before, I peruse this forum every now and then but have never really found a reason to post untill now.

It's just disheartening to see so many people bash local small businesses but do absolutely nothing to help improve their shortcomings (send them an email, talk to a manager). And arguing with a counter kid isn't going to do anything but raise your blood pressure

J87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    So when's the rugrat mob going down. Or am I right that the complainers are all talk and no action?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom